Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all,

Just posted an entry that I wrote with my thoughts on Strikeforce on CBS and opinions about the UFC...as well as my fight winner picks for UFC 105 this weekend.

In the aftermath of the Strikeforce show on CBS last Saturday night we all got to see Fedor on the biggest show he has participated in on US soil. He remains unbeatable in most people’s eyes, however from my perspective Brett Rogers did much better than I expected. That big jab in the beginning of the first round that busted Fedor’s nose was unexpected! I thought we were in for something special when Rogers drew first blood on Fedor. He even had Fedor on the ground and in mount position, raining down some vicious bombs from above. Fedor definitely avoided a huge bullet making it out of that round. Fedor’s experience was on display, even with Rogers on top of him, punching him hard, he kept his composure. In the beginning of the second round, I knew Rogers was in trouble, he kept swinging wildly and leaving his chin wide open! Fedor was sizing him up and stepped in with an epic shot that caught Rogers right on the snooze button. The sound of Fedor’s fist smacking Rogers chin will not be soon forgotten by me or by Brett Rogers I’m sure, he was seeing tweetie birds most definitely haha.
If you would like to continue reading here is the link!

www.nhodge-mma.blogspot.com[url] What did you guys think of Strikeforce on CBS? I thought it was pretty good. I'm sure Dana White is ready to shit him self with jealousy over Fedor haha! What are your picks for UFC 105?? Have a great day everyone! Crap!! Messed up with the embedding, sorry about that! [url]www.nhodge-mma.blogspot.com

Hope you all enjoy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree that Rogers did better than expected. I thought it was a good, exciting fight. However, I don't know why anyone would be surprised that Fedor got bloodied. He bleeds all the time and the opening seconds of his fights are the best time to get him and make him bleed (i.e., Matt Lindland). Granted, Rogers' stiff, stiff jab was nice, we need to remember: jabs can open someone up especially if he has lots of scar tissue; if the guy throwing the jab is huge; if the huge guy throwing the jab is wearing only 5 oz gloves! Heck, lots of guys get ko'd by jabs! Rogers had a big reach advantage and he probably should have jabbed a lot more (I think he alluded to this when he said he should have thrown more punches).

For some reason, Fedor is most vulnerable in the opening seconds. Seeing a bloodied Fedor did not cause me to think he would lose; simply, the dude is a bleeder and if he doesn't panic, I don't panic for him.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed! I did however say in my entry that I think if Rogers would have thrown his hands more that he might have had a better showing...maybe even land a lucky punch.

I also understand that Fedor is a bleeder and a jab can easily open up someone, especially on the bridge of the nose where Fedor got cut or around the eyebrow, even around the top part of your cheeck. I was merely stating that I thought that Rogers was not itimidated by Fedor, at least not as much as people thought. Especially the interview with Rogers before the fight were he said that he can see how people get intimidated by Fedor. Rogers is no were near a top, elite level heavyweight but I thought he faired pretty well against a man that has been labeled unbeatable.

Who do you think they are going to throw Fedor in with next?? Fabricio Werdum? or Alistair Overeem? I'm hoping Overeem but they have been having issues getting him to fight in the US.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
I agree that Rogers did better than expected. I thought it was a good, exciting fight. However, I don't know why anyone would be surprised that Fedor got bloodied. He bleeds all the time and the opening seconds of his fights are the best time to get him and make him bleed (i.e., Matt Lindland). Granted, Rogers' stiff, stiff jab was nice, we need to remember: jabs can open someone up especially if he has lots of scar tissue; if the guy throwing the jab is huge; if the huge guy throwing the jab is wearing only 5 oz gloves! Heck, lots of guys get ko'd by jabs! Rogers had a big reach advantage and he probably should have jabbed a lot more (I think he alluded to this when he said he should have thrown more punches).

For some reason, Fedor is most vulnerable in the opening seconds. Seeing a bloodied Fedor did not cause me to think he would lose; simply, the dude is a bleeder and if he doesn't panic, I don't panic for him.

Just my opinion.
I honestly can't think of anything that would make Fedor panic. It sure as hell wouldn't be bleeding, anyway.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I definetly dont think Fedor was lucky to get out of the first round. He finished the first round on top of Rogers and IMO won the round. Besides the jab and the GnP Fedor was in control of that round.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I thought that Fedor was fighting someone who was just too big, strong and deadly with his hands. I thought that Rogers could have easily won the first round and it goes to show that Fedor is more than capable on his back getting tagged by a bigger guy. I rewatched that KO 100 times. It seemed to get faster the closer it got to Roger's face.

I think when they rematch, Rogers will punch more and this will give Fedor more problems. Fedor has some fast hands for a heavy but he was giving up too much arm length. They are both solid fighters with Fedor being the best in the weight class.

Oh btw, that was a great fight card. Moussasi is sick..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts