Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike Nickels, theres a name i havent heard in a bit :D Hes on of 3 added to the fight card.

Welterweight up and comer Jon Fitch will make his first live UFC television appearance on Saturday, October 14, when he faces Japanese star Kuniyoshi Hironaka in an intriguing 170-pound matchup at UFC 64, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Fitch, a member of the AKA fight team, is currently 3-0 in the Octagon, with wins over Josh Burkman, Brock Larson, and most recently, Thiago Alves. He’s in tough again against Tokyo’s Hironaka - who owns victories over UFC vets Nick Diaz and Renato Verissimo - and he knows it.

“I think the UFC likes to give me tough opponents,” laughs Fitch. “He is a solid fighter all the way around - very good on the ground with solid standup. I have my work cut out for me on this one, but as always, I fight like a thief - if you leave a window open I will crawl through it and make you pay.”

Also added to the UFC 64 card, which is headlined by the middleweight championship bout between Rich Franklin and Anderson Silva and the lightweight championship contest between Sean Sherk and Kenny Florian, is a light heavyweight matchup between ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ veterans Keith Jardine and Mike Nickels, and a lightweight bout pitting UFC newcomers Clay Guida and Justin James against each other.

·
Registered
133 Posts
adminmma said:
Mike Nickels, theres a name i havent heard in a bit :D Hes on of 3 added to the fight card.
Nickels was on TUF3 and was eliminated by Matt Hamill, it was a crappy fight. Nickles isn't anything impressive. Keith Jardine isn't great either, but Nickles should not be in LHW, he gets overwhelmed.

Fitch on the other hand is amazing. Excited to see him.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Why is Nickels and Jardine getting a Pay-Per-View spot? They are not that impressive! In fact, thier both down right boring! What a joke!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Yeah Im really getting tired of the TUFers getting on PPYs. This is almost as bad ass Abbadi. If there gonna put TUF veterens on there, why not Leben, Kos, Herman, Grove, or Hamill on there. All of which were better on TUF and better fighters and they havent got PPVs yet.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
asskicker said:
Yeah Im really getting tired of the TUFers getting on PPYs. This is almost as bad ass Abbadi. If there gonna put TUF veterens on there, why not Leben, Kos, Herman, Grove, or Hamill on there. All of which were better on TUF and better fighters and they havent got PPVs yet.
Yeah, why is that? Ed Herman, Michael Bisping, Kendall Grove, and Josh Haynes did more to deserve a pay-per-view spot then Nickels and Jardine! These are the guys I'd rather pay to see.

·
Registered
222 Posts
adminmma said:

There is all the evidence you ever needed that the UFC is hurting for talent. Nickels fought terribly against Matt Hamill and was about the sloppiest fighter I've ever seen in a pro fight. I will give some credit to Jardine, he has at least, gone out and fought hard.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Jon Fitch and Kuniyoshi Hironaka, in his first PPV debut he has to fight one of the best welterweights in the world how unlucky and unfair.

Mike Nickels and Keith Jardine is going to be a horrible and boring fight, I hope its an under card bout.

And also rumor has it that Arlovski and Assuerio could possibly fight at UFC 64 but may be moved to 66.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
MMA freak said:
Jon Fitch and Kuniyoshi Hironaka, in his first PPV debut he has to fight one of the best welterweights in the world how unlucky and unfair.

Mike Nickels and Keith Jardine is going to be a horrible and boring fight, I hope its an under card bout.

And also rumor has it that Arlovski and Assuerio could possibly fight at UFC 64 but may be moved to 66.
Fitch is a top WW in the world himself. Hes ranked in the top 10.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.