Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Tims last few fights were terrible and Fedor made short work of him but do you think he would be a good guy to have as a stepping stone before the new talent gets a crack at Fedor.I like watching Tim fight but i dont think he will be a contender any more but a good gste keeper plus put a familar face in the ever growing strike force roster.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Tim Sylvia sucks, he was the champ when the UFC HW div was weak. He got k/o by like a 56 yr old Mercer.....stepping stone yeah, but not a big "step".....

Fedor....

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Tim Sylvia sucks, he was the champ when the UFC HW div was weak. He got k/o by like a 56 yr old Mercer.....stepping stone yeah, but not a big "step".....

Fedor....

I dunno... besides Mercer, Tim's only been beaten by Nog, Couture, Fedor, Arlovski, and Mir. That's not really so bad, especially since a Mir rematch could really go either way.

He did destroy Ricco, Rothwell, Arlovski, Monson, Vera, Sims... I dunno, he really was never terrible. Like Serra, he just gets a really terrible rap.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I dunno... besides Mercer, Tim's only been beaten by Nog, Couture, Fedor, Arlovski, and Mir. That's not really so bad, especially since a Mir rematch could really go either way.

He did destroy Ricco, Rothwell, Arlovski, Monson, Vera, Sims... I dunno, he really was never terrible. Like Serra, he just gets a really terrible rap.

Monson never had a shot he was too short and stocky but he is def a good guy I remembers the fight Monson was on his back and Tim is so tall Monson couldnt do anything from the bottom...really Tim's size imo had alot to do with that win....

Ricco...child please...LOL. Sims and Rothwell.....again child please!!!

He has been beaten by guys that have skillsets and gameplans and when he fought Vera, Vera was on that wierd decline from really exciting HW to LHW and didnt perform the way he once had...

I think Tim is a douche he called Fedor a big *****, told Randy he isnt just gonna come and take his belt and again....got K/O'd by Mercer....

Thats why people dislike him...hell his old camp dissed him while he was still there....Matt Hughes did it when they were at Militich.....

To each his own I think he is a toolbox.....:thumbsup: Some of all those victories are against no names....

·
Registered
773 Posts
guys i but if nowt else mercer had tonns of refined punching power with the ability to get a clean shot.

Ive been an admirer of timmy ever since he beat monson with an excellent gameplan.

He's hardly a stepping stone, he's just made some bad career choices ie fighting fedor. As for calling fedor a little shit i think he just wanted to say damn for a little dude he carrys one hell of a reputation...reminds me of that scene from brave heart

William Wallace: Sons of Scotland! I am William Wallace.
Young Soldier: William Wallace is seven feet tall!
William Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
[Scottish army laughs]

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Monson never had a shot he was too short and stocky but he is def a good guy I remembers the fight Monson was on his back and Tim is so tall Monson couldnt do anything from the bottom...really Tim's size imo had alot to do with that win....

He has been beaten by guys that have skillsets and gameplans and when he fought Vera, Vera was on that wierd decline from really exciting HW to LHW and didnt perform the way he once had...

I think Tim is a douche he called Fedor a big *****, told Randy he isnt just gonna come and take his belt and again....got K/O'd by Mercer....

Thats why people dislike him...hell his old camp dissed him while he was still there....Matt Hughes did it when they were at Militich.....

To each his own I think he is a toolbox.....:thumbsup: Some of all those victories are against no names....

Yeah I agree he's a dbag, and I loved watching him get schooled by Randy. But the guy isn't really that bad.

Plus he makes up a very important part of this MMath equation!

Kimbo > Mercer > Sylvia > Vera > Mir > Lesnar!

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts

I think you discredit Timmy to much, I agree his size won him the Monson fight but that is still imressive because size alone did not save his ass, and to discredit his win over Ricco? Timmy did not beat a washed up crazy weight, drug problem Ricco, Timmy beat Ricco the absolute monster Rodriguez the guy who was a monster, Ricco was expected to hold that belt a long time and while Sylvia was considered the top contender he was basically given no chance of winning, he beat a Ricco that had just ran through, Couture, Monson, Arlovski and Paul Buentello. That is the single biggest win of Sylvia's career IMO and one nobody should discredit.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I think you discredit Timmy to much, I agree his size won him the Monson fight but that is still impressive because size alone did not save his ass, and to discredit his win over Ricco? Timmy did not beat a washed up crazy weight, drug problem Ricco, Timmy beat Ricco the absolute monster Rodriguez the guy who was a monster, Ricco was expected to hold that belt a long time and while Sylvia was considered the top contender he was basically given no chance of winning, he beat a Ricco that had just ran through, Couture, Monson, Arlovski and Paul Buentello. That is the single biggest win of Sylvia's career IMO and one nobody should discredit.

I hear you and his name isnt mentioned for no reason but I dont think the guy has a real skill set. He's goofy, and honestly I think he is someone who has rested on his laurals....I mean slipping to the point where you get K/O'd by Mercer....

I know the Ricco you are talking about and I just think that Timmy really should have won his belt from AA why??? Cuz the dude has he reach of a tree branch and never shouldn't have beaten AA....

Yeah I guess I'm reaching but at the end of the day he is a simple man that Randy Couture looked at....gameplanned and destroyed...and Timmy has been on the slip ever since....

Meanwhile Randy just fought Brock and NOG, regardless of loss, two fights Timmy will never see cuz he took his 800k to lose to Fedor and ran to Affliction....

Just never thought he was a true Mixed Martial Artist...:dunno:

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
i missed the fight between Tim Silva(related to anderson?) and Fader (Baders evil twin??) who won? ;P

Seriously tho, Big Tim sucks, it was a joke he was ranked high when he fought Fedor but he is from an era of very boring one dimensional HWs, unfortuantely for him that era has ended and i dont see him competing with any top HW.

I know you really like AA Coldcall, but who has he beaten that has you so impressed? Why was he ranked so high?? Beating B level guys after Timmy tooled him (2x and u diss Timmy to no end) deserves top 5 credit?? Ppl need to realize he has always been all hype, his hands arent even that great and if he goes to box he will get KO'd some more.

It kind of sucks, the HW division is evovling so fast guys who were considered top fighters a few years ago cant hang with the new guys... makes it hard to really rank ppl, i mean how do you lose to Timmy x2 then beat, Jake O'Brian, Werdum, Rothwell and big country and get ranked in the top 5?? None of those guys were ranked in the top 10 nevermind 5, it seems alot of these rankings are skcewed, Cain beats Kongo then Rothwell, no top 10?? If he adds Big Country would he be top 10?? Its just so difficult and so BS the way the rankings are done, esp with so many guys going around in circles losing to each other and different ppl.

·
Banned
0 Posts
i missed the fight between Tim Silva(related to anderson?) and Fader (Baders evil twin??) who won? ;P

Seriously tho, Big Tim sucks, it was a joke he was ranked high when he fought Fedor but he is from an era of very boring one dimensional HWs, unfortuantely for him that era has ended and i dont see him competing with any top HW.

I know you really like AA Coldcall, but who has he beaten that has you so impressed? Why was he ranked so high?? Beating B level guys after Timmy tooled him (2x and u diss Timmy to no end) deserves top 5 credit?? Ppl need to realize he has always been all hype, his hands arent even that great and if he goes to box he will get KO'd some more.

It kind of sucks, the HW division is evovling so fast guys who were considered top fighters a few years ago cant hang with the new guys... makes it hard to really rank ppl, i mean how do you lose to Timmy x2 then beat, Jake O'Brian, Werdum, Rothwell and big country and get ranked in the top 5?? None of those guys were ranked in the top 10 nevermind 5, it seems alot of these rankings are skcewed, Cain beats Kongo then Rothwell, no top 10?? If he adds Big Country would he be top 10?? Its just so difficult and so BS the way the rankings are done, esp with so many guys going around in circles losing to each other and different ppl.

FTR AA beat Timmy as well. But thats not the point, the guy has been so close to his dream, which, imo is to beat fedor, this last time especially he was devestated....

I like him his boxing and stand up are great he has one fundamental problem, and its not that he is old or cant hang or that these new guys are coming. Its that he doesnt keep his hands up to protect his chin, I would submit his chin is as good as most guys but he leaves it wise open....

As far as all the new talent...they need and needed HW's for a long time in MMA ther arent that many in the UFC, some went to Affliction for the $ (Tim) but mainly there the division wasnt stacked so now there is a influx of new fighters...that does not diminsih the skills of the old....POINT and CASE Fedor vs, Rogers and we all know you were goin for Rogers....

The game is evolving, but dont think the bad boys from the beginning dont know how to adapt....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts

Alright, first off Jake O'Brian was undefeated when Arlovski beat him and was seen as a can't miss prospect many people were actually picking him to beat AA, Werdum was coming in form Pride as a world class submission grappler who had recently beaten Overeem and Aleks E, Rothwell was considered a top 10 HW till Arlovski knocked him of the list and Big Country was the IFL champ which did carry some weight and was seen as a respectable fighter who was probably top 15 at the time.

Now as for the he'll get knocked out again, come on AA has never been knocked out by any scrubs his jaw may not be rock solid but its written off much to easily.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Agree with the last two post completely.

Also, going back to the AA and Sylvia fights, not that it matters, but the second fight was very argueable, AA got rocked, Sylvia landed on him we all know how it ended, including as soon as the fight ended AA got up not dizzy or anything. The third fight I would'nt exactly put as a bragging point for Sylvia, infact it motivated Randy to come out of retirement and whoop him. Both fighters knew how much was on the line and knew that the other has tremendous power in their hands, the result was one of the most boring ufc pay per view main events.

just had to get that out, tired of people saying Sylvia "tooled" AA, because he didn't. "tooled" is setting up a perfect 1, 2 two fights in a row, especially when the first resulted in submission via ankle lock, who even wins like that?

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Alright, first off Jake O'Brian was undefeated when Arlovski beat him and was seen as a can't miss prospect many people were actually picking him to beat AA, Werdum was coming in form Pride as a world class submission grappler who had recently beaten Overeem and Aleks E, Rothwell was considered a top 10 HW till Arlovski knocked him of the list and Big Country was the IFL champ which did carry some weight and was seen as a respectable fighter who was probably top 15 at the time.

Now as for the he'll get knocked out again, come on AA has never been knocked out by any scrubs his jaw may not be rock solid but its written off much to easily.

This. Arlovski has all the tools necessary to be a top 5 HW for a long time, if he got his mind straight.

The dude's an AMAZING striker, he's got great grappling (he was a Sambo champion) and he's a physical specimen. It's just that he gets lost in his own mind and can never seem to focus. If he had a prime CroCop's focus or Nog's current focus, he would be nearly unbeatable IMO.

Now that he's at a real training camp, maybe we'll see him do amazingly again.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
Sylvia did beat AA's ass once and stuff him another time, and he has wins over Monson, Vera and Ricco -- when really was really good.

Yeah, he was dummied by Mercer, but that could have happened to anyone who doesn't train. As for the Fedor bout, I wonder if he was just a little freaked out going into that one.

Sylvia's still a tough matchup for a lot of fighters, if he prepares physically and is in good shape mentally. I wouldn't mind seeing him against a couple of Strikeforce heavyweights, to see what he has left.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Sylvia did beat AA's ass once and stuff him another time, and he has wins over Monson, Vera and Ricco -- when really was really good.

Yeah, he was dummied by Mercer, but that could have happened to anyone who doesn't train. As for the Fedor bout, I wonder if he was just a little freaked out going into that one.

Sylvia's still a tough matchup for a lot of fighters, if he prepares physically and is in good shape mentally. I wouldn't mind seeing him against a couple of Strikeforce heavyweights, to see what he has left.

Think he could beat any HW in the UFC right now??? Not a can...

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Think he could beat any HW in the UFC right now??? Not a can...

I definitely see him beating GG, maybe Kongo, maybe Mir in a rematch, probably poor crocop, definitely Rothwell... honestly I'd like to see him against Valesquez as well.

I think JDS would knock him out for the record. I'm a huge JDS fan.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I definitely see him beating GG, maybe Kongo, maybe Mir in a rematch, probably poor crocop, definitely Rothwell... honestly I'd like to see him against Valesquez as well.

I think JDS would knock him out for the record. I'm a huge JDS fan.

Kongo, I thought tbh, Rothwell I dunno, the rest...imho NO Way.....:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts