Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose a Tim Silvia Highlight video exist? Im not asking becasue I want to watch it. Its just funny how every UFC champ has there own HL video yet I have never seen a Tim Silvia one. I guess it really shows how many fans Tim really has.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
asskicker said:
I wonder if Tim is anyone other than a close freind or family members favorite fighter. I seriously doubt it.
The only person who I can imagine being a big fan of Tim's is somone whos real new to MMA and figures he's really awesome becasue he knocked a few guys out. I respect him as a fighter but I really dont like him as a champion he's a rather boring fighter when he dosent have steriods to help him out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm a Tim Sylvia fan. Like most of you, I don't think he is a great fighter. I could list ten guys who i think would beat him very convincingly. I am also in the camp of guys who thinks he will lose on Nov. 11th. Tim's ground game is unknown and Jeff Monson will definately test his skill in that area.

All that being said, I like him. Before Ryan Bennet died, Tim was one of the most regular guests on the MMAweekly's radio show. The dude wasn't affraid to not act like a tough guy all of the time. Tim made fun of himself as well as gave candid interviews on his skill and those of his opponents. He might have overrated himself in some areas, but when someone trains professionally in anything, that guy better be damn confident in what he can do. He's ok in my book.

btw if there was a Tim Sylvia highlight video, it would be chalk full of knock outs. The guy is 22-2-0 with 16ko's. That tape would look f---ing entertaining. If Tim doesn't get credit for any of his other wins, one would have to admit his ko of Ricco Rodriguez was pretty devestating.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sylvia is not in the mold of a Fedor or Nog or Cro Cop though I'd put an asterisk by Cro Cop to make note of his seeming unwillingness to trade hands, looking to get out of the way and position himself for kicks to the head and body.

Unlike the above mentioned heavy weights Sylvia is a patient stalker who likes to use a telephone poll of a jab and right hand to pick his opponents apart for the KO. He's not flashy but efficient at what he does often protecting his chin well is used to having his way dictating the pace of a fight because of his length and height.

Fedor can submit him from anywhere provided he can get it to the ground. But Sylvia's length would seem to pose problems. However Fedor does have long arms.

Nog as well, but I think Nog's clinch ability gives him an added element in his stand up against Sylvia whereas Fedor would be too short, and Cro Cop is well......kick happy and clinch ingnorant.

A fight with Cro Cop very well could turn out to be the most boring of the preposed three as he does not like to engage in punch trading unless he can be effective with more than just kicks....something very rare for him. I see a fight with wide margins of Sylvia stalking and looking to time and counter Cro Cops kicks and whoever lands hard, first, and often wins by ko.

·
Registered
171 Posts
he does not need HL video. just take a picture of him and his belt, it becomes his HL 1 frame video.

if any day tim fight fedro or cro cop , i will make a HL video of him.

·
Banned
29 Posts
Video Tim Sylvia Highlight - tim, maine-iac, sylvia, maniac, tudo - Dailymotion Share Your Videos
Highlight right there

its funny how many kids rag on him as a fighter, all u ****in Sherdog kids should shut the **** up, instead of watching fights you base ur opinion of fighters on who's popular with the majority of Prid-nuthugging, canadian nerds on sherdog. Tim Sylvia is the UFC HW champ for a reason, all he does is knock out tough fighters. Stop trying to make excuses for AA and Monson, they lost cus Tim is a better fighter. Sad thing is if he fought in Pride, wus Brazilian or talked with a Canadian accent all u forum kids would be lining up to suck his ****.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Nalarm said:
Video Tim Sylvia Highlight - tim, maine-iac, sylvia, maniac, tudo - Dailymotion Share Your Videos
Highlight right there

its funny how many kids rag on him as a fighter, all u ****in Sherdog kids should shut the **** up, instead of watching fights you base ur opinion of fighters on who's popular with the majority of Prid-nuthugging, canadian nerds on sherdog. Tim Sylvia is the UFC HW champ for a reason, all he does is knock out tough fighters. Stop trying to make excuses for AA and Monson, they lost cus Tim is a better fighter. Sad thing is if he fought in Pride, wus Brazilian or talked with a Canadian accent all u forum kids would be lining up to suck his ****.
That post was trash. GARBAGE.

:thumbsdown:

·
Banned
29 Posts
i just think is bullshit when people bash a fighter or call a very good fighter a "horrible fighter with no skills" because they don't like they way he looks or talks or because he's American. If Sylvia wus a guy from Brazil from Chute-Box or a French Canadian u guys would be hugging on his nuts all day on Sherdog. Prim example = you guys consider AA a great fighter and demote Sylvia as a "bad fighter, only fights cus he's big, etc." stop being biased, Sylvia proved he is the bet HW in the UFC by beating AA twice and beating every fighter and contendor UFC has put in front of him. You don't have to like him but passing him off has a "bad fighter" is dillusional. You wanna rate guys on their looks or attitudes go visit a fa.ggot chatroom. I hope there's some real MMA fans here that judge fighters on their performamces rather then if their popular or their nuts are getting hugged by enough by Sherdog Users. last time I checked Tim Sylvia wus the 23-2 champ with 16 KO's. u don't have to like him as a person but stop shit about "he is not a good fighter" it ****in insults the intelligence of real MMA fans who actually wacth fights instead of sitting on their computer all day posting the usuall biased sherdog sh.it.

·
Banned
29 Posts
good one kid I've never heard that one before, atleast he doesn't cry like a ***** after he wins fights like that fench-canadian ***** in ur avator.....wut's that say about that Assurio, Sylvia shit his pants during the fight and still beat his ass

·
Registered
180 Posts
Aight, me being a fighter, it's a very real thing to me to have fought someone, lsot to them, then realized they were on steroids. F*** that. If you can't win without steroids, you shouldn't be fighting. Likewise, if you get caught on steroids, how do you know your previous fights (with which hold no proof of a passed test) you weren't on them either? I think in order for me to RESPECT Tim Silvia, he needs to give up the fights he won prior to getting caught on steroids, UNLESS he can prove with medical records or whatnot that he wasn't on them. I know, I'm going to take shit for that one, but seriously...you juice it, you pay the f***ing price. I don't like him, I don't respect him, and I hope he loses that belt soon.

·
Registered
180 Posts
PS- I agree with "Nalarm" in the respect that people just don't like a fighter so theysay he/she "has no skill"...they aren't where they are today for no f***in reason, so they have skill...just not as much as some or other, and you just dont like them.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nalarm said:

RESPECT THE CHAMP MOTHERFUC>KERS....whos gonna take the Belt from him Vera??? HAHAHA PLEASE VERA WILL GET HIS ASS KNOCKED BACK TO HAWAII OR BRAZIL WHEREVER HE"S FROM
Yeah, even Tim's highlight video is boring.

Face it--the last fifty minutes of Sylvia defending his title have been garbage and the UFC is desperate to get that title away from him. You don't have two straight title defenses drowned out with boos for no reason (and with no repercussions).

Tim is just keeping the belt warm for the Truth. And once he loses it Tim will get one or two more fights in the UFC and that will be it for the Maine-iac.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.