Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim Sylvia is a stand-up guy! Most people know he traines with argueably the best collection of fighters in the world, Miletich Martial Arts. Tim is originally from Maine and relocated to Davenport Iowa several years ago to persue his dream of becoming a heavy-weight champ under the instruction of Pat Miletich and his camp. Few people know Tim outside the ring. Tim, along w/Jens Pulver do alot of volunteer work helping kids learn the benefits of physical education and fitness. He is also a big supporter of our troops-the real fighting men and women over-seas, as is most of the Miletich camp.
So before you decide to start bashing him or any other fighter for that matter, take a little time to find out about the guy prior to making false assumptions. Most of these Guys are genuine people outside of the ring despite what you may hear on this forum.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Jens is the shit, I like his attitude and I like him as a fighter.

Tim might be a great guy, but as an MMA ametuer and as an MMA fan I can't forgive him for 1. Roids, 2. Saying he was going to fake an injury if he wasn't the main even.

2 is even worse to me than the roids, I can understand wanting more press, but to go as far as to say you feel an injury coming on.
WEAK

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Sylvia beat Ricco Rodriguez(Back when he was actually a good fighter), Cabbage, Tra Telligman, & Arlovski(Twice). I really don't see how he can be called a bad fighter. Tim's a tough guy as well. He had his arm broken by Mir, and he still wanted to fight the guy. Is Tim very bright? Probably not, but he's certainly a tough fighter.

This Sylvia hate is getting way outta hand, people.

Atleast Tim was honest about his roid use. Should he be taking any? No, but a lot of fighters use roids, it's just that most of them never got caught.

·
Banned
723 Posts
What really irks me is when the Sylvia haters bring up the steroid thing.

Most of them are also Pride nuthuggers and Pride doesn't test for steroids. So you know a lot of their fighters are using it Josh Barnett being the prime example.

So its obvious they are just bringing up the steroid thing to justify their hatred of Sylvia and not any real concern or moral outrage over steroid use.

Pogo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pogo the Clown said:

Most of them are also Pride nuthuggers and Pride doesn't test for steroids. So you know a lot of their fighters are using it Josh Barnett being the prime example.

So its obvious they are just bringing up the steroid thing to justify their hatred of Sylvia and not any real concern or moral outrage over steroid use.

Pogo
Pogo, you hit it right on the head w/ your post's-right on bro!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AtomDanger said:
Jens is the shit, I like his attitude and I like him as a fighter.

Tim might be a great guy, but as an MMA ametuer and as an MMA fan I can't forgive him for 1. Roids, 2. Saying he was going to fake an injury if he wasn't the main even.

2 is even worse to me than the roids, I can understand wanting more press, but to go as far as to say you feel an injury coming on.
WEAK
I doubt you would like Jens very much if you were to tell him personally what you felt about one of his best freinds-Tim "The Maniac Sylvia"!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:

Pride does do drug tests. They busted some guys after the last pride fight in vegas.

What is wrong with hatting on Tim, he is big slow and borning. If his fights were fun to watch I gaurentee that people would not hate him as much. I do not see him asking to fight the pride guys so I think he is a *****. Pride is obviously better in the HWT class.

And besides he sh*t his pants. (he is in a class by himself) Nobody will top that for a long time.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:

Pogo

Not at all, I hate on EVERYONE who gets caught using roids, I also think that they should UA every fighter, every event.
Its not THAT expensive

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
STONEMAN said:
I doubt you would like Jens very much if you were to tell him personally what you felt about one of his best freinds-Tim "The Maniac Sylvia"!!!

Why? Because you think he would bother beating me up? lol.

I've been beat up, doesn't make me dislike a person

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
in my opinion matt hughes is currently the only good fighter at miletich maybe jens but he needs to get his shit together seeing as he got beat by a nobody and tim sylvia might be a great person outside the ring but inside the ring i dont find him that impressive i mean his fights are boring and the HW division is SO weak right now the only way i see tim sylvia getting respect from me would be if he did what chuck did and trys to go over to pride and fights i give chuck respect for doing that but we all know dana wouldnt let tim sylvia do that like chuck did becuase tim sylvia really isnt that good

note that i tryed not to mention anything about how he's a fatass, uses steroids, shits his pants, is a ***** that called out fedor but when fedor called back he didnt want to fight, and isnt exciting enough to be a main event so threatens to fake an injury if he isnt the main event :D

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
aznmaniac0909 said:
in my opinion matt hughes is currently the only good fighter at miletich maybe jens but he needs to get his shit together seeing as he got beat by a nobody and tim sylvia might be a great person outside the ring but inside the ring i dont find him that impressive i mean his fights are boring and the HW division is SO weak right now the only way i see tim sylvia getting respect from me would be if he did what chuck did and trys to go over to pride and fights i give chuck respect for doing that but we all know dana wouldnt let tim sylvia do that like chuck did becuase tim sylvia really isnt that good

note that i tryed not to mention anything about how he's a fatass, uses steroids, shits his pants, is a ***** that called out fedor but when fedor called back he didnt want to fight, and isnt exciting enough to be a main event so threatens to fake an injury if he isnt the main event :D

haha I love the end there.

·
Banned
723 Posts
"And besides he sh*t his pants. (he is in a class by himself) Nobody will top that for a long time."

He is not the only one. Kevin Randleman did it as well in his fight with Babalu. Yet its only Sylvia that gets the hate.

These are the only two that had the balls to admit it as I'm sure it has happened to many other guy's as well.

Pogo

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
I don't know how you can call a two time UFC Champion a bad fighter. :dunno:

Pogo
easy crappy division and a fluke

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Tim hating is getting way outta hand. People say he sucks because hes a steroid user. I dont think he used them much and doesnt anymore because they probably woulda done at least somethin for his physique. You say he sucks because of crappy competion when he hasnt had the worst competion in the world. There are guys who have been considered good with way less competition.

I can see people not liking him because hes boring, fat, shits his, pants or what not. Thats fine, its your opinion. But to say sucks is just bias.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts