Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not one to start new threads. I don't actually ever recall starting one. But I got a lot of crap on these forums over the last couple days for saying Rich was going to beat Liddell.

I know this is only one quote, but it was the general consensus anytime I posted on the subject.

1st, 3rd and 4th best LHWs in the world... Franklin doesn't have near the power of any of those guys. Nor the striking speed which is what gave Liddell problems.

Look at their recent fights, both Liddell and Franklin fought W.Silva lately. Liddell's performance was more impressive then Franklin's. Then Belfort who is somewhat similar to Liddell knocked Franklin out.

The only way Franklin is going to win this is if he outpoints Liddell for 15 minutes and I don't see it happening.
Franklin is still near a top contender at an upper weight than he originally fought at. Granted if he does lose he'll be a gatekeeper, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Chuck is done. Something I've also predicted a long time ago.

Franklin still has a lot to show in the UFC. He beat the best looking Liddell we've ever seen (minus the obvious chin)... and Franklin did it with a broken arm.

That's pure heart and determination. Franklins only losses in the UFC have been from Anderson Silva, a close and questionable loss to Dan Henderson, and being caught to the back of the head by Vitor Belfort. So many people have written him off so quickly.

My future prediction:

Franklin will be fighting for the belt at 205 2 fights from now.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I'm not one to start new threads. I don't actually ever recall starting one. But I got a lot of crap on these forums over the last couple days for saying Rich was going to beat Liddell.

I know this is only one quote, but it was the general consensus anytime I posted on the subject.

Franklin is still near a top contender at an upper weight than he originally fought at. Granted if he does lose he'll be a gatekeeper, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Chuck is done. Something I've also predicted a long time ago.

Franklin still has a lot to show in the UFC. He beat the best looking Liddell we've ever seen (minus the obvious chin)... and Franklin did it with a broken arm.

That's pure heart and determination. Franklins only losses in the UFC have been from Anderson Silva, a close and questionable loss to Dan Henderson, and being caught to the back of the head by Vitor Belfort. So many people have written him off so quickly.

My future prediction:

Franklin will be fighting for the belt at 205 2 fights from now.
I think Lil Nog vs Franklin with a Franklin victory would make him catapult him to #1 contender. Actually, I would say Franklin #2 contender, with Anderson Silva as #1 if he beats Sonnen and Belfort.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
Vitor actually caught him pretty clean to the right temple. But yeah, Rich has a great future of getting his ass kicked and coming back to beat 40 year olds :p

I'm just messing with you, but this is what people will be telling you until he continues to show he can do this to younger talent at 205. I had to deal with it after Shogun beat Chuck, and the Rashad fans had to deal with people saying Quinton did the work for him.

I had Rich to win by UD, but that was very impressive what he did last night.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm just messing with you, but this is what people will be telling you until he continues to show he can do this to younger talent at 205.
I have visions of Franklin vs Bones and they aren't pretty. I respect Franklin alot though. The guy just fights. You can put him in with the best and he'll make them show you what they have one way or aonther.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
won't be anytime soon as he's gotta wait for that arm to heal.. i don't think we'll see franklin again until 2011 and then the title may have changed 2 or three times by then.

at least chuck didn't lose to tito, eh?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Really? Everyone says things about fighters before a fight. I got so much cr*p for backing Rashad.

Rich is good but let us not make him out to be some amazing fighter that can beat all the top LHWs. He beat a Chuck that has been out of fighting for how long? a year and a half or something? As much as I love Liddel his chin is just terrible. I don't know how but Ever since Rampage and Rashad KO'ed him with those absolutely brutal punches he just has not been able to take the same amount of damage IMO.

Rich needs to fight someone like Lil nog, Rampage, Rua, Rashad, Thiago, Lyoto, Bader, Jones, or someone else that is really at the op of that division and has fought recently before I will say he can handle the best. Enjoyed the fight and it was entertaining, but stile I am yet to be impressed with franklin again.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
Vitor actually caught him pretty clean to the right temple. But yeah, Rich has a great future of getting his ass kicked and coming back to beat 40 year olds :p

I'm just messing with you, but this is what people will be telling you until he continues to show he can do this to younger talent at 205. I had to deal with it after Shogun beat Chuck, and the Rashad fans had to deal with people saying Quinton did the work for him.

Really? Everyone says things about fighters before a fight. I got so much cr*p for backing Rashad.

Rich is good but let us not make him out to be some amazing fighter that can beat all the top LHWs. He beat a Chuck that has been out of fighting for how long? a year and a half or something? As much as I love Liddel his chin is just terrible. I don't know how but Ever since Rampage and Rashad KO'ed him with those absolutely brutal punches he just has not been able to take the same amount of damage IMO.

Rich needs to fight someone like Lil nog, Rampage, Rua, Rashad, Thiago, Lyoto, Bader, Jones, or someone else that is really at the op of that division and has fought recently before I will say he can handle the best. Enjoyed the fight and it was entertaining, but stile I am yet to be impressed with franklin again.
ouuuu la la, time for me to gloat too.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
Its true... you can say what any intelligent person will say and then make it sound like you are just this amazing smart person... if that makes you feel better.
jeeze louise, take it easy fella. I AM an amazingly smart person, you see my lifetime tag? :)

Of course what you are saying is right. I was merely mentioning to PheelGood that this was coming sooner rather than later, and to get his celebrating over with quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
you might have locked the name but you left the link.

You quoted

420atalon
I don't care. I was wrong and I am man enough to admit it. Really didn't think Liddell's chin was that bad or that Franklin would knock him out.

Here is another of my posts from that thread

I have had this feeling for a while now that Liddell is going to show us something this fight. I think Liddell has done a lot of thinking the last little while and knows that fighting is what he does best and that he needs to keep doing it but in order to keep doing it he has to evolve as a fighter. I wouldn't be surprised if Liddell works some more kicks into his game or goes for takedowns. I think he wants this bad and is going to do what he needs to do.

If I were Franklin I would be psyching myself out. Even if Liddell just came in and tried to just land his big right hand I think this is a tough match up for Franklin to win. Imo he has to survive for 15 minutes and score more points or else he is going to lose this fight. Liddell has a size and reach advantage, it is going to be a tough dangerous night for Franklin especially if Liddell is as ready and motivated as he looks to be.
I nailed this fight minus Franklin catching Liddell and putting him to sleep. It really is disappointing that Liddell didn't switch up his gameplan and training earlier in his career or he could still be at the top of the food chain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts