Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Titan FC did events on may 29th and june 26th, 2020.

Invicta 40 has an event planned for july 3rd, 2020.

Is Bellator ever returning?

wdyt

·
The Title Guy
16,994 Posts
I think Titan FC and Invicta FC's returns have to do with the fact that they are aligned with the UFC who is currently doing events. Bellator hasn't gotten the logistics figured out or how they are going to pay their fighters and make money at the same time. They may not be making money but they need to at least make it look like they're making money.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Oktagon Underground 7 is scheduled for july 4th, 2020.

KSW 53 scheduled for july 11th, 2020.

You're completely right about Titan FC and Invicta being UFC affiliated. I think both of the above MMA promotions have no ties to the UFC though.

Still no plans announced for a bellator return.

·
The Title Guy
16,994 Posts
Well my understanding is the only Bellator fight that hasn't been cancelled is a fight card scheduled for October but that's a ways off. As for KSW and Oktagon Underground, as I recall when I was scrounging around for MMA fights during the dead time, those two were still doing events. M-1 Global as I recall was also doing MMA events.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I spent the past few years saying bellator is unreliable, losing money and could fail at any moment.

They had better not prove me right. I'll be pissed.

Only 1,000 spectators show up for some bellator events. They can't be losing that much $$ from the lack of a crowd?

·
The Title Guy
16,994 Posts
Well keep in mind that for those lower attendance fight cards they are lower capacity venues and the fighters aren't that high profile so in theory they are either breaking even or not loosing too much money. Also another problem they're having is that unlike the UFC who has the UFC Apex and other deals like the one with Flash Entertainment, Bellator doesn't have its own home arena. Even Strikeforce when it was owned by Silicon Valley and Entertainment Group had it's own home venue in the HP Pavilion (now the SAP Center), whereas Bellator doesn't have a common arena unless Paramount actually owns stadiums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts