Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aldo's dominating win last night left me with one really annoying itch, and that was the really inconsistant refereeing that is becoming increasingly more inconsistant every title fight I see. Surely the fight should have been stopped in the last minute of the 4th round. Every time a fight gets to that position in an fight I have seen it gets stopped, no matter the damage being taken it gets stopped due to the rule that if you can't defend yourself then the ref stops it.

I understand in title fights they give a few seconds extra before stopping but faber was getting continueously hit for well over a minute and clearly didn't protect himself. Yes he bucked his hips a little and covered the right side of his face for about 10 seconds while aldo elbowed the left, but any other fight and its stopped.

Rant over...

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
If you are constantly trying to buck and get out of the crucifix they usually give you a lot longer. Most of the time when it gets stopped from little damage it is because the guy is just laying there eating it.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I disagree Faber was bucking and showing some effort to escape. He was taking unanswered blows but they weren't devestating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.