Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff's on a 15 win streak, I think he might be in line for a UFC title shot after UFC 61. I think he's got a chance.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Yeah i saw him once and he has good subs. BUt is he good enough to hang with AA or tim?

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doublelegtakedown said:
Yeah i saw him once and he has good subs. BUt is he good enough to hang with AA or tim?
From what I've seen of Sylvia's grappling Monson would get him to the ground and crush him. I know he's a Militech fighter, but that submission that Arlovski got was way to easy.

As for Arlovski, I don't really know.

I guess Monson's big disadvantage would be getting around jabs of much taller fighters. He loses 7 inches to Arlovski and 11 inches to Sylvia (but that's just height, I don't know about the actual reach).

I was thinking that he might drop down to Lightheavyweight, even though he'd be cutting 35 pounds. I think that if anyone can takedown Chuck, it's probably the snowman.

Hell, Monson would be the best competition that Chuck could have at this point. It's not like there are any great fighters at 205 other than him.

·
Banned
110 Posts
thebroken said:
is he getting a title shot? i think he should.. getting a 15 win streak should land him a title shot
Yes, Jeff Monson is getting a title shot. After the main event at UFC 61 Tim Sylvia said "Jeff, you made a bad mistake by winning. Now you have to face me". I wonder when they are having their match though. But I think Jeff Monson is going to own Tim Sylvia. He's just unstoppable and unbeatable. And his strength is better than anyone, atleast in the UFC. He'll tool Tim.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Monson has more power on a frame his size than any other fighter ever and his wrestling form is as good as Tito Ortiz and Sean Sherk. He's one of those fighters who is technically sound enough to crush bigger opponents, and his opponents are almost always bigger. He's also ridiculously strong. Now I only have 1 question, who's stronger Jeff or Tank?

·
Registered
53 Posts
IronMan said:
From what I've seen of Sylvia's grappling Monson would get him to the ground and crush him. I know he's a Militech fighter, but that submission that Arlovski got was way to easy.

As for Arlovski, I don't really know.

I guess Monson's big disadvantage would be getting around jabs of much taller fighters. He loses 7 inches to Arlovski and 11 inches to Sylvia (but that's just height, I don't know about the actual reach).

I was thinking that he might drop down to Lightheavyweight, even though he'd be cutting 35 pounds. I think that if anyone can takedown Chuck, it's probably the snowman.

Hell, Monson would be the best competition that Chuck could have at this point. It's not like there are any great fighters at 205 other than him.
i dont know if he could cut 35 pounds!!! hes got a pretty solid bulid. he would be super lean is he could do it though!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Confrontation said:
Yes, Jeff Monson is getting a title shot. After the main event at UFC 61 Tim Sylvia said "Jeff, you made a bad mistake by winning. Now you have to face me". I wonder when they are having their match though. But I think Jeff Monson is going to own Tim Sylvia. He's just unstoppable and unbeatable. And his strength is better than anyone, atleast in the UFC. He'll tool Tim.
Hell yeah, Monson is one of the best grapplers in the UFC not to mention ridiculously strong, if he can get past his reach, monson will own him on the ground.
oh and he announced his fight with sylvia on November 18th im pretty sure... so UFC 65? ...cant wait im gunna be behind him all the way.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that this is for sure, I think that Monson will smash Sylvia. The one true grappler left in the UFC Heavyweight Division.

I made a decision to stop calling Jeff "the Snowman" after realizing that it's just a mistranslation of the Brazillian word for Snowball (long story)

Now I'm going to call him, Jeff "The Anarchist" Monson. (better than "Naked Monson")

·
Registered
21 Posts
IronMan said:
Now that this is for sure, I think that Monson will smash Sylvia. The one true grappler left in the UFC Heavyweight Division.

I made a decision to stop calling Jeff "the Snowman" after realizing that it's just a mistranslation of the Brazillian word for Snowball (long story)

Now I'm going to call him, Jeff "The Anarchist" Monson. (better than "Naked Monson")
yes.

the last grappler left up there, oh and "the snowman" fits him, if you kno what it means. his political views are pretty interesting, but i dont think they define him as a fighter... maybe "the vice" or "the titan"..hmm not sure:D

i like "snowman" :thumbsup:
...the ball that cant be stoped

1 - 12 of 12 Posts