Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a question...is Tito gonna train Matt Hamil ..i think tha kids gonna do something special ..kinda remind me of hughes alittle ...but do anyof u know?

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok

cool thnx ...what do u think of Matt??

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
He's a sloppy striker and we haven't seen any of his wrestling skills yet! I think he will improve though! I think he'll beat Seth Petruzelli(probably spelled it wrong)!

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dunno

maybe im wrong but i think that he could be the next matt hughes hes deff built for it...but he needs to be able to take some hits lol

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Your only as good as your chin. how is his. Can he take a punch cause every wrestler has to be able to eat one sometimes to get a takedown.

·
Registered
364 Posts
he has decent striking which will improve best wrestling in the ufc strong as an ox good conditioning he took punches from nikelson some in their fight on the show also in that fight when matt went for the takedown he got kneed in the face and still took nickelson down so he can takem alright, he'll beat petruzelli as long as he watches out for the submission ;)

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i agree

i like him and hope he does well i would like to see how he does about 3 yrs from now

·
Registered
364 Posts
yeah me too you can tell from my avatar i'm a fan, in my opinion if he would have been allowed to go on in the tuf 3 show he would have won but to bad he wasn't allowed to continue :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yup

i agree

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I cant wait to watch hamill fight again. He has alot of potential and will be good for the ufc. From what i saw he just needs to work on his striking. We all know how great his wrestling his, almost as good as hughes. Hopefully he will be fighting in the next couple months:dunno:

·
Registered
364 Posts
i agree mostly

he also needs to work on not only his striking but submission defense and submissions period, getting caught in one of those is basically his only real weakness, also hamill has better wrestling than hughes and anybody in the ufc

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Obviously the guy is an animal, he's an olympic wrestler and he looked strong as hell in the sparring sessions they taped during TUF3. He's had nothing but sloppy fights so far, but he did put Forbes away pretty easily. It's hard to form an opinion on him just yet, I hope they air his fight.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I think there are too many unanswered questions to know how good he is just yet. His strinking needs improvement, but with his style he doesnt need could strinking, because I think he'll be a Tito or Hughes type and they cant strike. We dont know about his chin, Nickels is a terrible striker so that fight doesnt say much. Also his cardio is a big question he was dead after the Nickels fight but I think with training with Tito that will improve. I hope Matt does well in the UFC.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think he is too sloppy standing up. His standup defense is nonexistant. Unless he learns to keep his hands up, he will get knocked out by any decent striker. Although he does have some pretty heavy hands? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i agree somewhat

i agree he does need to guard better cause ur right a good striker could take him out but i thike h would prolly make up for it on the ground "even though i havent seen him fight much" but just his style makes me feel like there is more to this fighter

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
That was funny in the fight with Nickels. Nickels LOOKS like a badass so I was expecting him to come out and try to tear Hamill's head off. When he first starts striking, he puts his head completely down and throws (and misses) 4 or 5 of the most slowest, retarded looking "punched". Man, that was funny.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I thought that was funny too. Nickels was the tatoo covered "street fighter" and he didnt look tough at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts