Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tito stated in an interview on UFC.com that Babalu is not that great. That he is a B fighter and not on the same level as Chuck, Randy, or himself. Do you really think Tito is on a whole nother level that Renato.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
No way. Babalu just used a very poor stratagy. Tito hasn't done anything much better then babalu lately. He beat vitor, who hasn't lately. He berely beat forrest, and he beat ken shamrock. Whooopty friggin do. This is why i hate tito. Why would you verbably trash a fellow fighter like that. A b rated fighter. Babalu has never been spanked. I think babalu looks at what he did wrong and trys a diffrent startagy he may one day beat chuck. And im sure he can beat tito. Tito wouldn't ground and pound babalu. He would get submitted.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
i very welll agreee with that statement Ortiz made.... i thought this way before babalu/chuck II i never seeen babalu as championship material , but he is a goood B level fighter who is stilll pretty young , he still has a future in the sport , but Titos right i just dont see him beating any top 5 fighter today

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
horn is a top fighter and he beat him. Rua deffinatly is and he beat him. I would put tito under babalu. especially when tito loses to chuck. Babalu would beat shamrock. Tito lost to randy, and chuck, and he barely beat forrest and vitor. I actually belice vitor qon that fight, but agree totally with the forrest fight. I don't think babalu could beat randy, but i think giving time and a better stratagy can and will beat chuck. That last fight was just silly. Why rush a striker like that. He just got overconfident.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i agree with tito..babalu is a good fighter, but hes not one of the elite.hes not on titos level..babalu faught a very young and raw shogun, and won..ill give him credit for that but that was over 3 years ago..and tito def beat vitor

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
^ exactly , i said it once and i will say it again , Babalu beat Shogun when me & and you didnt even know who the helll Shogun was.... Horn is an impressive victory regardless but the Shogun fight doesnt meant tooo much , Shogun was 19-20 at the time , Babalu had tons and tons of experience on him i think it was prettty obvious babalu should have beat him back then

·
Registered
808 Posts
I woudl rather see Tito and Babalu fight before Tito fight Chuck. Tito hasn't done squat since he has been back. He beat forrest barely and looked like crap doing it. Big deal. I think he should have to beat someone who actually matters now, not Shamrock 2 times in a year:dunno:

·
Registered
222 Posts
ROCKBASS03 said:
I woudl rather see Tito and Babalu fight before Tito fight Chuck. Tito hasn't done squat since he has been back. He beat forrest barely and looked like crap doing it. Big deal. I think he should have to beat someone who actually matters now, not Shamrock 2 times in a year:dunno:

I actually think that a Tito/Babalu fight would be very interesting to watch. I think that Tito should be a bit more respectful to his fellow fighters, particularly after a tough and disappointing loss, it would show class.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i dont think babalu could beat chuck ever unless he learns takedowns from the clinch you cant shoot on chuck it just doesnt work and he doesnt train very hard maybe now that he changed training facilities and is no longer training with Marco Ruas he trains harder but he always used to be stoned at Ruas vale tudo whenever i went there he was really lazy but maybe hes changed who knows

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Tito just likes to talk. I also think he's a little bit bitter that Babalu got a rematch and he didn't. But that's okay, Chuck will be putting him to sleep shortly.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Tito is nuts. Either of Babalu's losses to Chuck weren't half as bad of a beating as Tito got from him.

I'm not a big Tito hater or anything, but he is crazy. He does not deserve a title shot yet. The LHW division has somebody other than Tito as the #2 contender. Beating Shamrock is not impressive. Nor is beating him twice... If he had knocked out or submitted Griffin, that's one thing. But here he is, fighting a "TUF" fighter (I like Griffin but I'm saying Tito's attitude at that time was probably 'here's some punk TV kid I'm gonna kill him') and IMO to this day, Tito lost that fight. I think he owes Griffin another rematch before he gets to Chuck.

What class is Brandon Vera? I forget if he's Light or Heavyweight. I think he should get in the next contention spot... although I havent' seen him fight in awhile so if he just lost to somebody stupid don't flame the crap out of me!

·
Registered
59 Posts
moldy said:
No way. Babalu just used a very poor stratagy. Tito hasn't done anything much better then babalu lately. He beat vitor, who hasn't lately. He berely beat forrest, and he beat ken shamrock. Whooopty friggin do. This is why i hate tito. Why would you verbably trash a fellow fighter like that. A b rated fighter. Babalu has never been spanked. I think babalu looks at what he did wrong and trys a diffrent startagy he may one day beat chuck. And im sure he can beat tito. Tito wouldn't ground and pound babalu. He would get submitted.
i would like to see them fight that would be a good fight but i think that tito has the upper hand coming in to the fight am not dogging on Babalu but i just dont think he is mentaly ready to fight tito does anybody agree with me

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thats classic Tito.

I think he looks crazy focused but Chuck's gunna KO his ass TOO; AGAIN. That's alot of talk for a man who will suffer the same results.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Beeno said:
Tito is nuts. Either of Babalu's losses to Chuck weren't half as bad of a beating as Tito got from him.

I'm not a big Tito hater or anything, but he is crazy. He does not deserve a title shot yet. The LHW division has somebody other than Tito as the #2 contender. Beating Shamrock is not impressive. Nor is beating him twice... If he had knocked out or submitted Griffin, that's one thing. But here he is, fighting a "TUF" fighter (I like Griffin but I'm saying Tito's attitude at that time was probably 'here's some punk TV kid I'm gonna kill him') and IMO to this day, Tito lost that fight. I think he owes Griffin another rematch before he gets to Chuck.

What class is Brandon Vera? I forget if he's Light or Heavyweight. I think he should get in the next contention spot... although I havent' seen him fight in awhile so if he just lost to somebody stupid don't flame the crap out of me!
Tito needs to give Griffen another fight because the first fight was to close and most pepole say that Griffen won that fight. Tito needs to fight Griffen before he goes and fight CHUCK.

·
Registered
58 Posts
respectful? class?

Keithpas said:
I actually think that a Tito/Babalu fight would be very interesting to watch. I think that Tito should be a bit more respectful to his fellow fighters, particularly after a tough and disappointing loss, it would show class.
Tito is all about running the mouth. He literally built a career by doing so. I have much respect for Tito, especially after watching him coach TUF. He is also a very good mma fighter. I don't like the mouthing, but it gets the ball rolling.

And why do people keep bringing up that Tito barely beat Griffin? Tito fought with three pretty serious injuries. He didn't whine about them, he did what he had to do to get the win. Get them together again when Tito is 100%. Griffin will lose in a bad way!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Beeno said:

HAHAHAHAHA LOL thats because TITO can take a PUNCH , Babalu/Couture/Horn/Belfort EVERYONE GOT DROPPED By 1 PUNCH or KICK (in babalus case lol) Tito what > toook 21 punches to the dome? the guys got a solid chin thats forsure, Babalu gettting kicked upside the head is waaay wrose then what happened to Tito by the way. Both times Babalu got smacked up upside the head by Chuck he started trying to wrestle the refs n shit.... thats how OUT of it he was, Tito on the other hand, took his mouthpiece out , wasverry pisssed offf, and got up like a man , you do the math

·
Registered
612 Posts
i agree with most, tito is talkign shit as usual its just tito, i think babalu could beat tito but i dont think he could beat chuck just like i dont think tito can beat chuck and we will soon find out.

But also yea, dont trash other fighters like that!

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Punishment 101 said:
HAHAHAHAHA LOL thats because TITO can take a PUNCH , Babalu/Couture/Horn/Belfort EVERYONE GOT DROPPED By 1 PUNCH or KICK (in babalus case lol) Tito what > toook 21 punches to the dome? the guys got a solid chin thats forsure, Babalu gettting kicked upside the head is waaay wrose then what happened to Tito by the way. Both times Babalu got smacked up upside the head by Chuck he started trying to wrestle the refs n shit.... thats how OUT of it he was, Tito on the other hand, took his mouthpiece out , wasverry pisssed offf, and got up like a man , you do the math
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO WRITE THE SAME THING..I THINK TITO WOULD MAUL BABALU..HE IS WAY TO STRONG, AND WOULD JUST WIN EVERY ROUND AND WIN A DECISION..IF TITO WANTS TO TALK TRASH LET HIM, TITO AND BABALU WILL FIGHT WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR AND TITO WILL BACK UP HIS TRASH TALK

·
Registered
669 Posts
Atleast tito went 2 rounds and has the excuse that he didn go for take downs and tried to strike. btw i do believe tito's 1 fight lasted longer then both of bablu's against liddell lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
enoeht said:
Tito is all about running the mouth. He literally built a career by doing so. I have much respect for Tito, especially after watching him coach TUF. He is also a very good mma fighter. I don't like the mouthing, but it gets the ball rolling.

And why do people keep bringing up that Tito barely beat Griffin? Tito fought with three pretty serious injuries. He didn't whine about them, he did what he had to do to get the win. Get them together again when Tito is 100%. Griffin will lose in a bad way!

No one has ever accused Tito of not bringing it or whining about injuries. I have alot of respect for the fact that Tito was able to beat a very good fighter in Forrest Griffin with those injuries and he never made excuses or whined about it. Tito should think about how bad he felt when Chuck beat him to a pulp, its not a good feeling and its also not cool to kick someone when they're down. but he is fun to watch and I do think he is an excellent fighter.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts