Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
It's good to see that Tito's reason for pulling out was legit, though I can't help thinking that he must have known he needed this surgery before going in to TUF.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I have trouble believing this is real.

Why would they allow it to be taped?
Why would the tools consist of pliers, screwdrivers, hammers and stuff like that?
And why would they be digging so deep and roughly?

If that is what it is actually like to get whatever neck surgery done then I hope I never need it. Looks like there is a lot of chance of something going wrong...

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's good to see that Tito's reason for pulling out was legit, though I can't help thinking that he must have known he needed this surgery before going in to TUF.
That's what I thought, too. He even said he's been fighting with the problem for... I can't remember if he said 6 fights or 6 years.. something about 6, but only now decided to go for the surgery.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I didn't know Tito had a neck, I always thought his giant head just started directly from his shoulders. :p

Either way I call bs. Its not like he suddenly got injured and HAD to do this. Its pretty obvious that he wanted to get some publicity on TUF without actually having to get beaten up by Chuck again.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Wow, for someone to get this video taped and put out a video like this to show to his fans to prove he's not bsing, I gotta say I have respect for him after this one.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts

Why would the tools consist of pliers, screwdrivers, hammers and stuff like that?

If that is what it is actually like to get whatever neck surgery done then I hope I never need it. Looks like there is a lot of chance of something going wrong...
im a med school student, 2 years from getting my Phd, i know it looks rough, but they are hammering, and screwing things that are tools against the vertabrae, so even tho it looks rough, this videa is legit.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts

Everyone is an expert on the internet. It's not uncommon for surgeries to be taped, often for training and liability reasons. Hell, there even used to be a TV show on TLC back in the day that was nothing but surgeries.

As for the hammering, surgeries aren't always gentile, watch a knee replacement sometime, it's pretty gnarly.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts

He said he was getting a C5, C6 fusion done. For that surgery they actually screw a plate in place connecting the two vertebrae. Looks like they remove the disk material between them as well.

That picture is of a c5, c6, c7 fusion but should be pretty similar to what Tito got.

As for why they would allow it to be taped, thats actually not a new thing. Heck TLC used to run a whole program of actual surgeries so people could see the procedure.

Haha NotDylan beat me to the TLC reference

Reactions: xRoxaz

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Wow thanks for the info guys. Count me out of ever having this type of surgery... Man it looks like it would be really easy for them to make a mistake or slip or something the way they are prying around. I would be pissed if a guy worked like that on my car let alone my neck...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.