Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Tito's gain? and Ken's final moment

945 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Zenhalo 
#1 ·
This fight did absolutely nothing for him. Shamrock wanted a final fight where he could get a nice send-off; but with all the wwe type antics and trash talking that he did/does, the crowd booed his moment. Yes ken is a pioneer for the sport and has gone through some wars, He should of hung it up a while ago. This has all been said so back to Tito. This really didnt serve as a tuneup for anything. If he had to have a fight b4 the Chuck fight, why not a tuffer or at least someone who specialize in striking like James Irvin or Sakara? They both were there just for the paycheck and oh yeah, that was mentioned too.

#2 ·
I have a tiny bit, I mean tiny, more respect for Tito for the way he handled it after the fight. I do have to wonder how much of a fued there actually was.

No matter what happened, what went down, who did or said what, Ken Shamrock is and always will be a big part of the UFC. Like a big puzzle, you take Shamrock, Gracie or a whole host of other pioneers that were great fighters in their day, out of the equasion and the UFC would be different in some way. They all had a huge part in the sports history.

It pains me to see Ken get pounded, but he went out a man with his head up. Thats all good. Lots of good memories of Ken for me.

JMHO.

#3 ·
It didn't look like they had much feud left going into this final fight. You could see less security, they even tapped gloves in the begining of the round. Did Shamrock train at all? he didn't look as ripped as for the 2nd fight, then the whole burger and shake thing, did u guys see his entrance? Cheesy, way overdoing it. Tito was just fed up having to train so hard everyday in Big Bear just to fight the same guy over and over again. I think thats where most of his frustrations came as far as him flipping Ken off at the end of this fight. He really could care less about what happened when he was so much younger. All in all a good final chapter with a happy ending. Boring.

#5 ·
Tap-outNow said:
This fight did absolutely nothing for him. Shamrock wanted a final fight where he could get a nice send-off; but with all the wwe type antics and trash talking that he did/does, the crowd booed his moment. Yes ken is a pioneer for the sport and has gone through some wars, He should of hung it up a while ago. This has all been said so back to Tito. This really didnt serve as a tuneup for anything. If he had to have a fight b4 the Chuck fight, why not a tuffer or at least someone who specialize in striking like James Irvin or Sakara? They both were there just for the paycheck and oh yeah, that was mentioned too.
If they even got a paycheck, it couldn't have been that big. I don't remember the crowd booing his moment either. He was definatly bood during his walk in and all that, but when he announced his retirement, I only remember cheering. I could be wrong, that's just how I recall it. Plus, the classy way both fighters spoke to eachother proved that the beef was real. If it had been fake, one of them would've kept pushing the other one's buttons after that fight. So that was the best part of the entire night for me.

#7 ·
putmeonhold said:
If they even got a paycheck, it couldn't have been that big. I don't remember the crowd booing his moment either. He was definatly bood during his walk in and all that, but when he announced his retirement, I only remember cheering. I could be wrong, that's just how I recall it. Plus, the classy way both fighters spoke to eachother proved that the beef was real. If it had been fake, one of them would've kept pushing the other one's buttons after that fight. So that was the best part of the entire night for me.
That crowd was terrible for the most part. In fact, most UFC crowds have been terrible.

I did sort of laugh when Ken said "We made a lot of money together", basically saying this whole feud was played up, after Goldie was saying "These guys hate each other!".

#8 ·
Damone said:
That crowd was terrible for the most part. In fact, most UFC crowds have been terrible.

I did sort of laugh when Ken said "We made a lot of money together", basically saying this whole feud was played up, after Goldie was saying "These guys hate each other!".
hahahahah, lmfao at ur avatar..Damone rules!!! im gonna put one up u will like :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.