Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am 14 (15 in a couple months) and I am 5 feet tall, its not funny I cant help it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not making fun of you. Really though you can't have much extra fat to lose.
Do you do any sort of exercise or lifting now?
What's your diet like?

·
Registered
135 Posts
My advice would be to learn form. Form when you lift weights, form when you wrestle or grapple and learn the correct way to throw your punches. Train form until you don't even have to think about it. I wrestled in high school and tourneys in college. It seemed I was always on the small side. Nothing is better than beating a guy more muscular than you because you trained.

Your body will decide when the size will hit. If you train correctly you will always be in shape no matter what your size. When the muscle does start packing on, your form will double your efforts. You can always pack on more muscle at that point but learning form is the most important because it takes a long time.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I work out as much as possible, and I am on a Protien and Creatine diet, of course i have some fats and good cholesterol and stuff. But I dont have weights so I substitute that with pushups.
(oh and I love your quote yeti, that just inspired me so much, I really neede that)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks man.
Sounds like you've got the diet pretty well in hand. Pushups are a good body weight exercise, remember you can vary it though. Wide Arms, Diamonds, Clap push ups.... Also, don't get to caught up in just upper body, you'll need to condition you're whole body to be successful.
Squats, Pistols, Lunges and Mountain Climbers for the Legs.
V-ups, Crunches, Supermans, Situps, and the Supine bicycle for your core.
There's a lot of options out there to choose from for body weight exercises, check them out for yourself.
After that it's like Ramp36 said, you just train like heck and wait for the growth spurt.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
dude dont bother doing creatine its a false way to gain muscle.. and there havre been romurs thar if u stop it that extra muscle u gained from it turns into fat. my trainer told me that. and he has his (human kinetics,kinesiology,reflexology,human anatomy modules.. but he worked em hard if u wanan gain real weight.(without drugs liek creatine even tho its legal) do decended series or negatives as peopel call them.. Push ups are good. and that sorta stuff jsut from those i went from 6'1 150 12% body fat in 1 full year to 6'2 180 lbs 9% body fat and im only 15. Just no fast food or pop or any hi sugar things. Do sprints to drop the body fat %.

·
Registered
82 Posts
No prob, i'll explain
Wide Arms: Push ups with your arms wider than shoulder width apart
Diamonds: Push ups with your hands together(thumb to thumb, and index finger to index finger) to form a diamond.
Clap push ups: An explosive standard pushup, off of the ground, you clap your hands before you set down.
Squats:bending at the knees and hips, till your quad is parralel to the floor, then back up
Pistols: One legged squat, hold these for a little later
Lunges: Stands with feet shoulder-width apart, step forward as far as you can. Go down till your back knee touches the ground(gently). Then return to the starting position. If non weighted and i have a little room, i prefer the "lunge walk" which is simply instead of stepping back to where you were, you instead step forward with your other leg.
Mountain Climbers: Get in the pushup position, bring one leg forward, bringing the knee toward your chest, as you begin, you spring of the ground a little and switch the position of you legs. You shouldn't be resting on this, as soon as you land, just do it again, back & forward.
V-ups: Lie on the floor, legs straight(6in off the ground) arms close by sides. Bring your shoulders and head a few inches off the ground. The raise your legs up and reach out with your arms to attempt to touch your toes.
Crunches: Feet flat on the floor, hands behind your head, curl your torso up off of the floor, with this one make sure you are curling or "crunching" your torso, and not just doing a situp, or pushing your head down into your chest.
Supermans:This exercise works your back. Lie face down on the floor with your arm stretched out straight overhead. Flex your mid to lower back to bring your legs, arms, and head all several inches off the ground, hold it for a few seconds.
Situps: Lie down on the floor face up with you knees at a 90 degree, sit up without moving your knees. I prefer to have my hands interlaced behind my head on this one.
Supine bicycle: Lie on your back, hands interlaced behind your head, raise one leg to your chest, one should be down lower, but not completely straightened. As you begin the exercise, bring your torso up off the ground, and move your legs as if you were riding a bicycle(they should be switching places back and forward in a smooth circular motion).

I hope this helps and was clear, you probably already knew most of them, but by different terms. If this didn't make any sense, post back and i'll try to find you some links with pictures.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
You're still growing. Don't worry about putting on too much muscle right now, do it slowly over the next 2 or 3 years, by the time you are out of HS you can be a beast if you work at it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just keep doing what you're doing, you're school should have a gym right. See if you can get into wrestling, it's great for getting into shape, and if you're light you just compete against other light guys

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.