Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share Quote of the Day: Todd Duffee Says He's "One of the Most Over-Hyped Fighters Going Against One of the Most Underrated"
by Nick Thomas on May 18, 2010 10:17 AM EDT in News 45 comments

"[Mike] Russow’s (12-1-1) probably the most underrated heavyweight in the division, no question," says the 24-year-old heavyweight. "People tend not to know who he is, but I’ve known about him before he got into the UFC. If you said name three guys that are bad matchups for you, he would undoubtedly be on that list."

"Here we have one of the most over-hyped fighters going against one of the most underrated in the heavyweight division," he says. "I am highly hyped. Am I overrated? I don’t think so. But I’ve been over-hyped by that seven-second knockout.

"Right now this is my one opportunity, my one shot," he continues. "You know, I have a job coming up right now. I don’t have a career. Anybody who thinks I have a career doesn’t really understand what happens in MMA. If I go out and beat Mike Russow I have a start to my career. Everybody talks about their first time in the UFC as their big shot, I didn’t believe that and I still don’t—I think when you fight a formidable opponent, that’s when you find out."

"I heard Floyd Mayweather say it - we may shadow box the same, do this or that the same, but it’s what happens when the fights come on that really matters," he says. "With only six professional fights we can’t say that I’m the second coming or some of the ridiculous stuff that people come up with. I think this Russow fight is really going to determine where I’m at. I don’t think it’s going to determine my career by any means, but it’s going to give people insight into what kind of talent level I have."
-- Check out the full interview at ufc.com.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/18/1476928/quote-of-the-day-todd-duffee-says

Good to see that Duffee does not have his head in the clouds. It is good to see that he is grounded, and giveing respect to his opponent. Its a nice change of pace from the usual trash talk being thrown around as of late. Saying that I still belive he takes this fights.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I don't like him, too many double letters in his name, damn Magic Johnson wannabe... :)
lol... nice.

I personally buy into the hype, but I have since his fight with Assuerio Silva in Jungle Fights.

I have a soft spot for Todd. I remember sitting at the bar with a big group of people who all said Hague would beat this guy, "if he can beat Pat Barry, this guy is going to be submitted within two rounds". To which I responed, "this won't go half way through the first, and Tim is getting KO'ed". The bet was taken and my tab covered for the night. Thanks Todd:thumb02:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
lol... nice.

I personally buy into the hype, but I have since his fight with Assuerio Silva in Jungle Fights.

I have a soft spot for Todd. I remember sitting at the bar with a big group of people who all said Hague would beat this guy, "if he can beat Pat Barry, this guy is going to be submitted within two rounds". To which I responed, "this won't go half way through the first, and Tim is getting KO'ed". The bet was taken and my tab covered for the night. Thanks Todd:thumb02:
Yeah I watched his videos prior to his debut and told some others to keep an eye on him, you could tell he has talent and with a freakish phsyique could be good. He's exciting and hopefully can build a career in the UFC. Shame he doesn't have strong wrestling base but he's young and has time to learn, and has the right attitude.

Here's a UFC 114 hype video about Duffee:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.