Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rousimar Palhares def. Tomasz Drwal via submission (heel hook) - Round 1, 0:45.

damn 45 sec heel hook . where does it put him in the MW division ?

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
:D id like to see it, rep to the first person to post a gif/vid

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
this guy the is the sleeper of the mw division. hope he starts to fight more often, big things are in his future.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Wow Palhares should be banned from UFC for a while. That was Babalu-esque.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
I gotta say it looked to be in poor taste..

·
M.I.A
2,550 Posts
Rogan counted a solid 5 seconds after he started tapping. Not a good deal for that dudes knee.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I dont care what he says he could have let go sooner and Tomasz couldnt have done anything to Pallhares from that spot....Pallhares knows that....regardless of what he said.....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Rogan counted a solid 5 seconds after he started tapping. Not a good deal for that dudes knee.
No. But it was only about ONE second after the ref called the fight. And if you look Palhares had his eyes closed, so he doesn't know the ref is stopping the fight til he pushes him. I gotta say that the ref has to know there's a leg lock guy in the cage, and be on top of that.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Nasty submission.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
That was hard to watch, and I'm going to assume the ref knew that Palhares was Mr. Leg Locka, Chief Heel Hooka.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was watching it live, man he screwed up by slipping and well than it was his fault he got himself into that submission but like Joe said, the mats are slippery. Also when the prelims cut out to the final stuff with hardy/GSP you see an ambulance outside the arena so yeah from the looks of it, it went pretty bad for his leg.

If I were him I would be pretty upset at myself.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
As soon as I saw the spoiler tag and immediate discussion, I somehow knew exactly what this thread was about...and this was before watching the fight.

Rousamir has some crazy ass leg locks...he also has a tendency to go a bit above and beyond what's needed.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Ref was too far away from the action. I don't fault Palhares at all. He didn't hold on that long after the ref signaled, its just that he signaled so late.

·
Godless Heathen
4,144 Posts
Palhares did hold on a few seconds too long imo, but you also have to look at the shitty reffing as well. Herb Dean would have been right there and the second he tapped Herb would have physically made him let go.

I put half on Palhares and half on whoever was reffing, too stoned to remember now. :smoke01:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts