Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Title Guy
17,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10) Amanda Ribas submits Paige VanZant via armbar – UFC 251

Amanda Ribas
continues her rise by sending Paige VanZant packing in her last match in her UFC contract. Time will tell where she shows up next.

9) Petr Yan defeats Jose Aldo via TKO – UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal

In what was the most dominant loss of Jose Aldo’s career, Petr Yan completely dominated the former champion and finished him.

8) Jack Hermansson submits Kelvin Gastelum – UFC Fight Night 172

Jack Hermansson
got a rare heel hook to upset Kelvin Gastelum. The match does have future title implications given other factors.

7) Deiveson Figueiredo submits Joseph Benavidez – UFC Fight Night 172

In once again finishing Joseph Benavidez, Deiveson Figueiredo not only earned the flyweight belt, but also achieved redemption from his failed weight cut in the previous match up.

6) Khamzat Chimaev submits John Philips – UFC on ESPN: Kattar vs. Ige

This was the first of two wins Khamzat Chimaev earned in ten days. It his first match for the promotion against British fighter John Philips.

5) Khamzat Chimaev defeats Rhys McKee via TKO – UFC on ESPN

Khamzat Chimaev
earned a second victory in ten days at this event. He set a record for quickest turnaround in the modern era with this match.

4) Sergio Pettis defeats Ricky Bandejas via unanimous decision victory method – Bellator 242: Bandejas vs. Pettis – Upset of the Month

In his second fight in Bellator, Sergio Pettis defeated Ricky Bandejas to earn a future title shot against Bantamweight Champ Juan Archuleta. This will be an interesting fight considering Pettis’ move up and Archuleta down.

3) Ariane Lipski defeats Luana Carolina via submission victory method – UFC Fight Night: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2 – Submission of the Month

Ariane Lipski
, known as the “Queen of Violence”, pulled of a kneebar against Luana Carolina to earn a second win in a row in the promotion.

2) Jiri Prochazka defeats Volkan Oezdemir via punch knockout victory method – UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal – Knockout of the Month

There are times when a fighter rises to the occasion and Jiri Prochazka certainly did it against former title challenger Volkan Oezdemir.

1) Rose Namajunas defeats Jessica Andrade via split decision victory method – UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal – Fight of the Month

Rose Namajunas
got her win back against former champion and previous rival Jessica Andrade in their shorter rematch, but she had to earn it. It’s also a clear sign of who maybe set for a title match against Zhang Weili.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
All of those fights seem like a lifetime ago.

2020 is a long year.

2021 could be even worse.

I hope people aren't banking on the troubles of 2020 blowing over and disappearing cuz there's a chance they won't.

·
The Title Guy
17,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I released it so late because of the technical issues that the site which set us back for literal months on end. Instead of consolidating the fights of the month to a mega list like I did I decided that it would make more content to just release them late. As for 2021 being worse, Pfizer's vaccine is close to release and could come out before the end of 2020.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Pfizer's vaccine is close to release and could come out before the end of 2020.

Depends on how many active corona virus strains there are.

How many strains the vaccine can immunize against.

And whether having to be re-vaccinated every 6 months, matters to people.

Vaccines against corona virus only last 6 months before you need to get another shot.

·
The Title Guy
17,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So in other words it's like the flu, so why in the world are we going about this despite the fact that we already have a flu shot and were going about things normally? We are making this out to be this massive virus when in reality it is similar to the flu and we are shutting everything down for another version of the flu. I'm hoping things level out at some point.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
However irrational or illogical corona shut downs might be.

They're only the tip of the iceberg on a list of bad decisions people are making atm.

·
The Title Guy
17,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like rioting rather then allowing the criminal justice system to actually work which right now it is? But yeah with the corona virus the World Health Organization has said that lockdowns do not work and of course the progressives are ignoring that science. They're also ignoring the science that kids should be going back to school.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
There aren't many who have the privilege to learn science.

Which makes things hard when everyone and their mom wants to comment on science.

Its like the legend of Floyd Mayweather not being able to read, while wanting to comment on the writings of shakespeare.

Except somehow its become normal and culturally acceptable.

·
The Title Guy
17,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well there's some basic science that people can all learn from basic school. Also Floyd Mayweather is entitled to his opinion on Shakespeare.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Schools don't teach basic science.

They teach people to blindly accept and repeat what textbooks and media say like parrots.

·
Registered
3 Posts
conor vs dustin definitely the top fight to see.
also mike tyson vs roy jones jr happening in a few days!

·
The Title Guy
17,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those are definitely both interesting fights but I feel like the McGregor vs. Poirier fights is going to be the more competitive fight. Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr. I feel like is going to be less competitive because as I mentioned before, Jones has been more active and Tyson took more damage. But it will be interesting to see improved McGregor vs. Poirer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts