Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Juanito Ibarra talks James Toney Training. Discusses how he is adjusting his boxing style to help him not get taken advantage of in MMA. Talks they are training him in cardio, wrestling, jiu jitsu and more.

James Toney also weights in on his Mayweather/Pacquiao predictions.

http://mmalice.com/juanito-ibarra/juanito-ibarra-talks-training-with-james-toney-hes-in-mma-now-his-boxing-style-has-to-change-a-bi-video_1f8c8d528.html

I still dont think James Toney will have much luck in the octagon but am excited to see him get humbled when he does. :confused02:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Is it me or does Juanito looked stoned!?

On a serious note: he says they will not let Toney fight until he is ready. But he says maybe June or July. Are you serious? I don't care how good of a boxer he is, there is not way he will be "ready" in June or July. I don't care if his trainer is a grandmaster or Chuck Norris himself he will not be able to hang on the ground with virtually anybody. I would put my money on Kongo for that matter . . . lol!!

My bet all along anyway is that they will feed him to a striker anyway. There is no way they will give him a BJJ guy or even a wrestler. They will feed him some can for starters IMO. Of course Toney's ego won't be happy unless he actually gets Couture. So who knows. I would love to see them "give" him Randy. I respect Toney's boxing career, but can't stand to hear him talk!

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Juan Barra, "Well hes a little sluggish today from getting crunked the last 4 days, but he learned how to throw a switch kick so we are ready for anything now."

JK....Toney and Jaunito are OK.....MMMM....Nah they suck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this guy look familar... isn this the same guy that was stealing money from Rampage?

Yes this is same guy who used to Train Rampage and was stealing (more like ripping) off Rampage. (Ibarra was charing Rampage around 65k for training camps and Ibarra usually charges people only 35k so Rampage got made that he was paying an extra 30k) Or something like that.

I agree june-july time he will get aten up but like the Ray Mercer vs Tim Sylvia fight anything is possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts