Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching some old KOTC tapes and I came across this guy. I have heard him in passing reference, but I didn't really know that much about him. He may be the most experienced MMA fighter in the world, and his record is pretty good.

This is the Sherdog fighter info:

Name: Travis Fulton
Nickname: The Ironman
Record: 172-41-9 with 1 no contest
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 240 lbs

I wasn't sure if he was still active, but his last fight was in November, so I think he is.

Also, don't let this guy's experience fool you, he's only 29 years old.

fcfighter.net actually lists his record as even higher: 188-42-8, but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts?

·
Banned
145 Posts
ive wondered about him too..he reminds me of a Jeremy horn type guy, who fights anyone, anywhere, anytime, for any cash.
Pretty amazing though, to pack that many fights into 29 yrs...

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember when he was starting out he had more fights than anyone else in MMA. I don't know if he still holds that record, but if you compare him to an experienced guy like Jeremy Horn, with like 90 wins, Travis makes them look like an amateur.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
I remember reading up on his record about 5 months ago. Everyone of any significance who fights, beats him. All the guys he lost to are guys that you have heard of. All the guys he beats are guys you have never heard of. Regardless it is still an amazing record he may not be the best fighter but he definately likes it more than anyone else.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
FloorNBore said:
HOLY ****! Does anyone have the story on how badly injured that guy was?! THAT WAS AWESOME!
He just got winded....nothing more, no serious injuries or even minor injuries really. Just got the wind completely knocked out of him. He wasn't an MMA fighter, he was just some guy who took Tae Kwon Do classes and had never dealt with the ground and as you can see in the video he is absolutely clueless what to do on the ground. Obviously doesn't know how to take a slam either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.