Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's ok, but as far as comparing it to last season last season gets a KO victory..I don't know about you guys, but not much has impressed me...Shoney is pretty awesome, but that's about it..I like the idea of using coaches better, because it seems more like a competition that way..What do you think?

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
I think its off to a good start! I would like to see more of Randy Couture, George St. Pierre, and Mark Delegrotte. It is definitely interesting to see Matt Serra take the role of coach and get his team to work as a unit. Carter/Celemti was boring but I think DeWees/Ray made up for it. I think down the road it will get better! Besides, with the exception of Michael Bisping, Ed Herman, and Kendall Grove, last season was full of scrubs who would not have made it in the UFC.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The fights are phenomenal compared to the initial fights in the UF 1-3 which were always questionable. This you are guaranteed to see a good fight.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
There is one major problem I have with TUF 4 and it is the fights being only 2 rounds. What is this less is more crap?

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I'd like to watch these fights go three rounds. To be honest, I don't see any b****s in this group like there were in the last few seasons. I think that the guys that come out of this will be really good, even the fighters that don't win.

Like the slogan says, the most dangerous fighter is a fighter with nothing to lose, and most of these guys have nothing to lose. They have the skills and they're fighting for a title shot. There is not number 1 contender, that's what makes it so great to watch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is only two rounds so that the fights can be considered "exibitions" and not count against a fighters record. Also, by Nevada and NJ rules, for a fight to count, it must be posted immediately following the card. Nothing exciting about TV if we already knew who won. How that helps.

·
Administrator
2,161 Posts
Ramp36 said:
The fights are phenomenal compared to the initial fights in the UF 1-3 which were always questionable. This you are guaranteed to see a good fight.

I totally agree! The fights are far better, the fighters look a "bit" seasoned and not totally rooked out.

I thought 4 would be a let down, so far it hasnt been :thumbsup:

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Its a great show with great fighters and personalitys that really wants to come back, dont really see what some people are complaining about

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ya, this season is more a fighting/training show then a "reality" show. No gimmicks, no pranks, just clean fun

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
SlammedSL1 said:
Ya, this season is more a fighting/training show then a "reality" show. No gimmicks, no pranks, just clean fun
Alright by me!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Couldnt agree more...

Evil said:
Its a great show with great fighters and personalitys that really wants to come back, dont really see what some people are complaining about
exactly! this season rocks! it's good to see some of the 'old faces' in ufc (pre T.U.F.) getting some exposure to the new fans. As matt serra said they've all done their time and deseve exposure as well as the unknowns trying to make it. Personaly I think it's a well calculated effort by dana white etc. to let all the fans new and old to get to know more about the fighters characters so as to relate better as with any mainsteam pro-sportsmen.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hammerfan89 said:
It's ok, but as far as comparing it to last season last season gets a KO victory..I don't know about you guys, but not much has impressed me...Shoney is pretty awesome, but that's about it..I like the idea of using coaches better, because it seems more like a competition that way..What do you think?
i think the best fight thats goin to be on TUF4 is the bambam fight...it was the most bloodiest fight ive ever seen!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts