·
Administrator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RUMORS FOR THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER 5

(page added on August 30, 2006)

-First Coach: Jens Pulver

-Probable Second Coach: BJ Penn

-Rumored Format: Sixteen Lightweight (155-pound) fighters, with eight of them being UFC veterans and the other eight being UFC newcomers

Season premiere date on Spike TV: First half of 2007

Thoughts? BJ if he wins will make the show huge. If he loses :thumbsdown:

·
Banned
209 Posts
BJ = Good....

Jens....I think he has been out to long to be a coach.....

To be honest....I did not think that GSP was a good choice for this season....but since they are not really getting training....I guess it is ok...dont get me wrong GSP is good....but I did not think that he should be a coach yet.

·
Registered
540 Posts
How many more has-beens are out there or are willing to do the show? I doubt too many. I hope seasin 5 is like season1 2 and 3. This seasons a good change but I think TUF should be for finding new blood for the UFC.

·
Registered
129 Posts
TUF 5; take 16 men that have no record and let them train with the coaches find the best with raw talent, the 2 top winners in the 2 weight classes let them have a UFC debut (against a already UFC fighter) if they win their fight give them a contract, if the already ufc fighter wins give them 50k. That would be some interesting fights and give someone who would not ORDINARILLY get a chance to try to do so!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yea it would spruce it up some to see some faster paced fights and more action!

·
Registered
129 Posts
LOL, No doubt about it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
TheJame said:
Maaan, I'm pumped if the next season is going to be 155ers.

I want to see the 155lb f ighters as well but the weakest weight division in the UFC is the heavyweights. I think that there will be alot of good competition in the 155 weight division but I still don't think the heavyweight division has much to offer. At this point I can't even see a worthwhile HW PPV main event.

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
Python said:
TUF 5; take 16 men that have no record and let them train with the coaches find the best with raw talent, the 2 top winners in the 2 weight classes let them have a UFC debut (against a already UFC fighter) if they win their fight give them a contract, if the already ufc fighter wins give them 50k. That would be some interesting fights and give someone who would not ORDINARILLY get a chance to try to do so!!!
Scrubs against seasoned veterans? Sounds interesting but the fights would probably be as short as Lytle vs Spratt! Meaning the veterans would kill the scrubs.

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
they should have reall bad ufc fighter fight random people on the street and see if an adverage joe could take them

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Organik said:
155 lbs will be very entertaining for the most part... b ut if they do heavyweights they need to bring in some honest real competition ....

i wonder what heads are gonna pop up in the 155lb section..

meh.. either way ill still watch it.. im to addicted to miss all this type shit
If they do Heavyweights, they should go all FREAK SHOW on us like Pride does. I'd like to see the REALLY HUGE muscle bound freaks like Bob Sapp going at it. No more HW BJJ guys (snoozefest).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts