Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TUF 5 should definatly be centered around training camps. Let's see Militech vs. Lions Den, Punishment vs. Gracie JJ etc..... it's time for a new format ( and not that season 4 crap )

·
Registered
178 Posts
This once again lends itself to some known fighters being used.

It's the guys who haven't made it into a major training camp, the more 'unknown' people they want to be reaching.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
TUF is exactly why people should watch outside the UFC/Pride.....theres a lot of unknown talent out there that you guys dont know of. I was familiar with Bisping and a few others, Ross, Ed, Christian......before the show started, so to see them on there was pretty sweet. You just gotta look into it, you'll see theres a hell of alot more talent out there then people get credit for

·
Registered
178 Posts
Definitely, there is masses of untapped talent, and it's nice to see the guys from the UK get their shot because it brought them the exposure overseas they needed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
TUF is exactly why people should watch outside the UFC/Pride.....theres a lot of unknown talent out there that you guys dont know of. I was familiar with Bisping and a few others, Ross, Ed, Christian......before the show started, so to see them on there was pretty sweet. You just gotta look into it, you'll see theres a hell of alot more talent out there then people get credit for
It's funny that you put Kristian and talent in the same paragraph, because that guy is a joke. His record says 40-4 or something like that, who was he fighting? 3rd graders on the short bus? That guy lacks alot of stuff. I watch alot of the unseen talents also, alot of these guys that they have put on TUF3 were just horrible. For instance, Ross, Solomon, Danni, and of course Kristian. I don't even think those guys would survive in a Middle-school wrestling tournament. Kristians conditioning is just horrible, he needs to work on his conditioning more than anything. I think Abbadi just lacks confidence, he says he is confident but.... Solomon, well what else can I say besides his whole head is weak. And Ross, Give Up friend , I don't think you are MMA material.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Scrubs

SpiderV said:
It's funny that you put Kristian and talent in the same paragraph, because that guy is a joke. His record says 40-4 or something like that, who was he fighting? 3rd graders on the short bus? That guy lacks alot of stuff. I watch alot of the unseen talents also, alot of these guys that they have put on TUF3 were just horrible. For instance, Ross, Solomon, Danni, and of course Kristian. I don't even think those guys would survive in a Middle-school wrestling tournament. Kristians conditioning is just horrible, he needs to work on his conditioning more than anything. I think Abbadi just lacks confidence, he says he is confident but.... Solomon, well what else can I say besides his whole head is weak. And Ross, Give Up friend , I don't think you are MMA material.

You are right, there were way to many scrubs last season:thumbsdown: . At least Bisping got to put the beatdown on Kristian. That was my favorite episode!!!:laugh:

·
Registered
131 Posts
SpiderV said:

Yo, in all honesty though... Ross sucked, but you KNOW you wanted to see one of those right hooks just CRUSH someone.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It did crush someone, bisping, and he shook his head and went over and put a flying knee that did about 5 times the damage into ross's head. TUF 3 sucked, i'd wrestled with Ed before up here in Seattle before he was even on the show and he's a real cool dude. But i look at it this way. People who aren't in camps aren't ready for the UFC. either Team Quest, Punishment, Militiech, Gracie JJ or any other camp teaches you the RULES of all around MMA and those are defence and offence. The guys who are shitty in the last episode showed why they are shitty and why they aren't in a major camp or any camp really at that. Guys like Ross, Kristian, and expecially that looser Danny Abaddi had NO DEFENCE and NO CARDIO! AT ALL! I wasn't a bid solomon fan either but atleast he made it kind of entertaining with his huge slams.

Btw i hated Roary as well, he was a little whiny *****.

I like the idea of teams fighting each other, but they should be guys who don't fight in the UFC already, they should still be guys like Ed Herman, Chris Leben. Guys who are boarder line good enough to fight in it but need to prove themselves by fightings other boarder line fighters. I think they should have 2 weight class's and each Gym or Fight Club needs to send there best guy in the gym in either weight class to represent that club. That'd be sweet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ummmm the whole point of the show is to get good up and coming fighters. . . . not one's who have established themselves in the UFC and have a contract. . . it would be kind of pointless to have guys you already know, i mean given not everyone knows who patrick cote is and gideon ray is, and thats why they're on the show. . . . but TUF 5 is going to have heavyweights again for sure, and probably lightweights . . .

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well ya seeing how Jenz Pulver is going to be one of the coaches i think the other coach might be the LW Champ either Kenny Florian or Sean Sherk (IMO Sherk by a landslide win). I think after the had such success with the last ppv partly because of TUF and people could watch how the coaches were and the drama between them, they'd probably want to try and have this again. No where near the drama but 2 fighters able to duke it out against each other.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ya know who i would want as the TUF 5 coaches, and this would definitly bring high ratings to the show. . . . is Tito and Chuck, they could definitly set up Super Saturday with it as well. . . it would be pretty cool, and that's who i think will be the season 5 coaches.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Big_Badi_Rabadi said:
ya know who i would want as the TUF 5 coaches, and this would definitly bring high ratings to the show. . . . is Tito and Chuck, they could definitly set up Super Saturday with it as well. . . it would be pretty cool, and that's who i think will be the season 5 coaches.

That would be sweet for sure! I would love to see that one:D

·
Registered
628 Posts
I like where you guys are going with this. Maybe have 6 or 8 camps, and have like a bracket tournament. Each camp gets to train one fighter in each division (or maybe 2 fighters.) Do it all for the camp pride, to show how their methods work against others instead of having a guy they already got in there. Cool idea actually.

I'm not familiar with all the camps here's the ones I know:

Punishment (which owned up the WFA event like they were the only camp there)
Quest
American Top Team
Gracies
Lion's Den
Militech

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you want camps go watch IFL....TUF is to find undiscovered talent. You don't like it maybe you should go audition for it yourself since you all have the eye of the tiger. Its harder to know who will be a good catch and who won't until you match up your potential fighters. Yeah there are some garbage fighters that come out of there but how would you know who's for real. Just to make shit clear think about Wes Combs. Dude was 11-0, there were alot of people thinking he may be the next big thing (not I). Buddy owned KOTC, came to UFC to fight Mike Nikels, who perhaps has the ugliest/worst striking ever seen, owned by Hammil, and yet choked out Combs....you never know so just chill the **** out with your criticisms of the show and do something about it if you're so talented.

:cheeky4:

·
Registered
76 Posts
FunkDoctor said:
If you want camps go watch IFL....TUF is to find undiscovered talent. You don't like it maybe you should go audition for it yourself since you all have the eye of the tiger. Its harder to know who will be a good catch and who won't until you match up your potential fighters. Yeah there are some garbage fighters that come out of there but how would you know who's for real. Just to make shit clear think about Wes Combs. Dude was 11-0, there were alot of people thinking he may be the next big thing (not I). Buddy owned KOTC, came to UFC to fight Mike Nikels, who perhaps has the ugliest/worst striking ever seen, owned by Hammil, and yet choked out Combs....you never know so just chill the **** out with your criticisms of the show and do something about it if you're so talented.

:cheeky4:
I totally agree. . . .it would be a crappy ass idea if the UFC did that, it would just be them ripping off the IFL.

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
Beeno said:
I like where you guys are going with this. Maybe have 6 or 8 camps, and have like a bracket tournament. Each camp gets to train one fighter in each division (or maybe 2 fighters.) Do it all for the camp pride, to show how their methods work against others instead of having a guy they already got in there. Cool idea actually.

I'm not familiar with all the camps here's the ones I know:

Punishment (which owned up the WFA event like they were the only camp there)
Quest
American Top Team
Gracies
Lion's Den
Militech
Team Quest and Team Punishment would own this compitition with Team Millitech in a close third. The Lion's Den probably won't participate considering Shamrock did not like how he was potrayed in TUF 3. He would not want the Lions Den reputation to be ruined. Gracies camp would get demolished.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Well if they did do it the camp way, and I'm saying one way or the other is better (in response to people talking about the IFL rip-off aspect) I don't know about which camp would do best. Militech does have like 3 current UFC champions between Franklin Hughes and Silvia...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just to let ya know franklin isn't a Militich fighter, he does was Evan Tanner does with Team Quest. He goes up there to work on apart of his game and has a few friends there that help him train, it doesn't mean he fights out of that camp.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts