Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think that TUF just edited it so Matt would look so bad or do you think that Matt is just that big of an ass.

I have to say that even as much as I like Matt, it had me walking away thinking that Matt was a d**k.
 

·
The American Psycho
Joined
·
6,946 Posts
Matt Hughes does that all on his own!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
Do you think that TUF just edited it so Matt would look so bad or do you think that Matt is just that big of an ass.

I have to say that even as much as I like Matt, it had me walking away thinking that Matt was a d**k.
let me be the first to make some excuses for Matt Hughes.
1.Anyone can be a **** if their provoked.
2.Serra is a **** and Hughes was Just defending.
3.The shows editors did it.
4.Matt was having a off day.
feel free to add your own
 

·
The American Psycho
Joined
·
6,946 Posts
mrbalkie said:
let me be the first to make some excuses for Matt Hughes.
1.Anyone can be a **** if their provoked.
2.Serra is a **** and Hughes was Just defending.
3.The shows editors did it.
4.Matt was having a off day.
feel free to add your own
How was Matt Hughes provoked? you mean GSP not wanting to train with him! If I was fighting Hughes for the title I wouldn't train with him either! That be like Anderson Silva training with Rich Franklin or Tito Ortiz training with Chuck Liddell! That's basically giving them your gameplan and inviting them to kick your a$$.
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bonnar426 said:
How was Matt Hughes provoked? you mean GSP not wanting to train with him! If I was fighting Hughes for the title I wouldn't train with him either! That be like Anderson Silva training with Rich Franklin or Tito Ortiz training with Chuck Liddell! That's basically giving them your gameplan and inviting them to kick your a$$.
Yeah, if I was about to fight ANYONE, let alone Matt Hughes, there is no way I would want to have them there watching my training and not really giving up any of theirs.

It just seems like TUF does that stuff on purpose. You know that all of the guys would have liked it if Rich and Matt had stayed out. And if GSP wins, it's even going to be that much harder. He was their coach for God sakes.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
186 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
How was Matt Hughes provoked? you mean GSP not wanting to train with him! If I was fighting Hughes for the title I wouldn't train with him either! That be like Anderson Silva training with Rich Franklin or Tito Ortiz training with Chuck Liddell! That's basically giving them your gameplan and inviting them to kick your a$$.
I agree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
putmeonhold said:
I don't care though because I don't care what he thinks
I care how he fights
And he fights damn good
:thumbsup:

Attitude isn't everything in this sport... Training and fight night is everything. To tell you the truth, I'm suprised most fighters are as cool as they are. I can assure you that if I beat my way to #1 contender or champ my ego would grow almost out of control.

So like it or not Matt can be a **** if he wants. He's trained hard enough and fought well enough to earn it :)
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GroundNPound said:
:thumbsup:

Attitude isn't everything in this sport... Training and fight night is everything. To tell you the truth, I'm suprised most fighters are as cool as they are. I can assure you that if I beat my way to #1 contender or champ my ego would grow almost out of control.

So like it or not Matt can be a **** if he wants. He's trained hard enough and fought well enough to earn it :)
Where I understand what you are saying I disagree.

That's like saying that if you are good enough at your job to be the boss you can be a d**k if you want. Well you can't. You still have to live your life like a person and be respectful to others.

People will remember the attitude long after you have lost the belt.
 

·
Free Thinker
Joined
·
5,673 Posts
GroundNPound said:
:thumbsup:

Attitude isn't everything in this sport... Training and fight night is everything. To tell you the truth, I'm suprised most fighters are as cool as they are. I can assure you that if I beat my way to #1 contender or champ my ego would grow almost out of control.

So like it or not Matt can be a **** if he wants. He's trained hard enough and fought well enough to earn it :)
preach on. that's all that matters!
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steve-d said:
all i have to say is this, when we said TUF made ken shamrock look like an ass no one bought into that

so im not buying into it that they do it to hughes.

Matt is doing it to himself.
I meet Matt in Vegas this last weekend, and if he is that big of an ass he hides it well. When he talks to his fans, he seemes like he honestly wants to talk and enjoy the people around him.
 

·
LEGEND
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
I meet Matt in Vegas this last weekend, and if he is that big of an ass he hides it well. When he talks to his fans, he seemes like he honestly wants to talk and enjoy the people around him.
I don't think anyone has claimed that he is arrogant to his fans, but rather to his oppenents. Nobodies perfect, Matt just seems to be waaaaay too competitive and takes no shame in pissing people off because he thinks he's unbeatable. And he likes to stomp on other people (figurativly speaking) to make himself feel better
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
putmeonhold said:
I don't think anyone has claimed that he is arrogant to his fans, but rather to his oppenents. Nobodies perfect, Matt just seems to be waaaaay too competitive and takes no shame in pissing people off because he thinks he's unbeatable. And he likes to stomp on other people (figurativly speaking) to make himself feel better
I think that is a great way to word it. I guess I don't see how the champ would need to put others down to make himself feel better. I like it more when you have the guys that don't need that and just want to show it in the ring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
How was Matt Hughes provoked? you mean GSP not wanting to train with him! If I was fighting Hughes for the title I wouldn't train with him either! That be like Anderson Silva training with Rich Franklin or Tito Ortiz training with Chuck Liddell! That's basically giving them your gameplan and inviting them to kick your a$$.
Your a knotthead, did you even read what I wrote before you replied? you really need to hit that preview button before you hit submit. It was obviously written as a joke, hence the "feel free to add your own" at the bottom of the obviously sarcastic list of reasons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
Yeah Hughes has every right to act like an egotistical cliche jock prick...and we have the right to detest him and laugh when he gets his ass kicked.

Matt Hughes has never been impressive...he's boring to watch and for the most part he squeaks out unconvincing wins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Mr. Bungle said:
Yeah Hughes has every right to act like an egotistical cliche jock prick...and we have the right to detest him and laugh when he gets his ass kicked.

Matt Hughes has never been impressive...he's boring to watch and for the most part he squeaks out unconvincing wins.
Wow, I almost agree with you.
But, I think hes real fun to watch, his fights are always technical (did I spell the right?) and from a ground fighers standpoint its always a good match.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Yeah I just think that's the way Hughes is... he has that teasing since of humor. I dont think he means anything personally like how he was messin with GSP for ignoring him. Cracked me up how chill Chuck Liddell is, I mean the guy knows he could KO either one of them but he just sits there and minds his business. I dont think I've ever seen him make an ass of himself publicly.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top