Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LethalLLama
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should the next TUF be about? Does anyone have any good ideas? I believe they should continue getting underground or beginner fighters and have good trainers and see who wins like they did for the first 3. Or maybe get MMA fans who haven't fought professionally or maybe not even semi-pro and let them try out and have judges to say who makes it on the show. Judges like Randy, Royce, and a great striker.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Here's what it's gonna be....

MMAweekly said:
-Rumored First Coach: Jens Pulver

-Rumored Second Coach: BJ Penn

-Rumored Format: Sixteen Lightweight (155-pound) Fighters

Season premiere date on Spike TV: Early 2007
Source

The coaches are rumored but I heard Dana talking about it somewhere and it WILL be 16 lightweights....supposed to be ones that are already good, not so many up-and-comers this time.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Here's what it's gonna be....

Source

The coaches are rumored but I heard Dana talking about it somewhere and it WILL be 16 lightweights....supposed to be ones that are already good, not so many up-and-comers this time.

The rumor was 8 vetrans, or comebacks, and 8 newcomers.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
AtomDanger said:
The rumor was 8 vetrans, or comebacks, and 8 newcomers.
Yea that's right I remember now. That's what Dana said but I don't remember where I heard him say that? Mighta been Final Conflict or possibly Unstoppable, I know it was recently though...

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Yea that's right I remember now. That's what Dana said but I don't remember where I heard him say that? Mighta been Final Conflict or possibly Unstoppable, I know it was recently though...

Yeah, It might be interesting.
I liked the idea of teams with trainers or whatever like the first 3 a LOT more than this season though. There was no real reason to watch.
So hopefully they work something out.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
AtomDanger said:
Yeah, It might be interesting.
I liked the idea of teams with trainers or whatever like the first 3 a LOT more than this season though. There was no real reason to watch.
So hopefully they work something out.
Agree, this seasons layout is terrible in comparison to the original idea and I'm sure the Fertitas and Dana know it.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Agree, this seasons layout is terrible in comparison to the original idea and I'm sure the Fertitas and Dana know it.

Oh definatly, the ratings hit an all time low this season, almost every episode.
There was nothing to watch, the guys goofing off at the house, they didnt show any real working out or training, and the fights have been pretty boring too

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've only seen TUF3 and TUF4, but I agree that the 'coaches' concept of TUF3 was more entertaining than the 'trainers' concept of TUF4.

Mixing newbies with veterans sounds interesting. You're bound to get some good conflict out of that:

Vet: You better listen to me, boy.
Noob: Shut up you has-been.
Vet: What have you done? I've fought Shamrock, Ortiz, and Liddell! Show some respect!
Noob: And you lost to each of them! Shut up, old man! Respect is earned in the ring.
... and so on

By the way it part of the TUF4 contract that they couldn't wear shirts in the house? Or did the UFC just not have enough shirts to go around? Every time I saw them in the house I was thinking "Put some clothes on, dammit!"

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Quietus said:
I've only seen TUF3 and TUF4, but I agree that the 'coaches' concept of TUF3 was more entertaining than the 'trainers' concept of TUF4.

Mixing newbies with veterans sounds interesting. You're bound to get some good conflict out of that:

Vet: You better listen to me, boy.
Noob: Shut up you has-been.
Vet: What have you done? I've fought Shamrock, Ortiz, and Liddell! Show some respect!
Noob: And you lost to each of them! Shut up, old man! Respect is earned in the ring.
... and so on

By the way it part of the TUF4 contract that they couldn't wear shirts in the house? Or did the UFC just not have enough shirts to go around? Every time I saw them in the house I was thinking "Put some clothes on, dammit!"
lol that dialouge is hilarious, great post.

·
Registered
367 Posts
esv said:
lol that dialouge is hilarious, great post.
I thought the dialogue came off as cheesy.

And he obviously has some insecurities with his sexuality if he needs guys to put their shirts on. lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
thevarsmolta said:
I thought the dialogue came off as cheesy.

And he obviously has some insecurities with his sexuality if he needs guys to put their shirts on. lol
I just wanted them to put on shirts because it makes me look bad in front of my wife. ("How come you don't have abs like that?")

What? I'm not being defensive! You're the one who's being defensive!

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Quietus said:
I just wanted them to put on shirts because it makes me look bad in front of my wife. ("How come you don't have abs like that?")

What? I'm not being defensive! You're the one who's being defensive!

hahaha yeah

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.