Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't decide how it will go down. Here are the two scenarios I imagine.

Rashad will use a (Greg)Jacksonian "diverse mixed martial arts gameplan" to confuse Rampage and keep him guessing.

He will circle around using his superior footspeed, counterpunch with superior handspeed and exploit Quinton's notorious lack of legkick-checking. Rampage will be forced to chase him, open up a little too much, eventhough he will ocassionally land hard punches.
Rashad may also execute one or two succesfull takedown attempts.

Rashad wins by Decision.

Rampage's boxing combinations, his parry defense and his defensive "wrastling" will be too much for Rashad to handle. The takedown attempts will be stuffed and might even be countered. If taken down, Rampage will quickly get up like in the Dan Henderson fight.

Rampage will counter Rashad's legkick attempts and drop him, follow up and finish with punches on the ground.

Rampage by Tko in round 3.

Reactions: Rusty

·
Registered
750 Posts
Your wrong Rashad will ko Rampage hahaha, yeah your right that's the most likely scenario's heh

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Rampage by KO......

or

Rashad by Lay and Pray, just like Thiago Silva.

I really wish this was a 5 round fight as Rampage stands a better chance of winning, but I expect Rashad to win a very boring fight.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
God I hope not, the undercard doesn't look that promising:(
I want nothing more than a Rampage win but Rashad being a Greg Jackson fighter I expect him be try and "snuggie" Rampage for 3 rounds.

I dont see Rashad winning this fight if it is a striking match. As all it takes is 1 punch from Rampage, Rashad doesnt have that advantage.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
I want nothing more than a Rampage win but Rashad being a Greg Jackson fighter I expect him be try and "snuggie" Rampage for 3 rounds.

I dont see Rashad winning this fight if it is a striking match. As all it takes is 1 punch from Rampage, Rashad doesnt have that advantage.
People are blowing this WAAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion. The last 2 people he landed the big KO shots on were Chuck and Wandy, and everyone says their chin is on decline right?

He couldn't knock out Jardine in his last fight last year, and Jardine has been getting knocked out left and right by everyone.

·
Banned
193 Posts
People are blowing this WAAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion. The last 2 people he landed the big KO shots on were Chuck and Wandy, and everyone says their chin is on decline right?

He couldn't knock out Jardine in his last fight last year, and Jardine has been getting knocked out left and right by everyone.
yea but then again rashad doesnt exactly have an iron chin, and at least wandy and chuck had great chins back in thwir prime, they went through some wars. and jardine-thats just what happened, so what if he didnt knock him out? he still won right?

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
yea but then again rashad doesnt exactly have an iron chin, and at least wandy and chuck had great chins back in thwir prime, they went through some wars. and jardine-thats just what happened, so what if he didnt knock him out? he still won right?
I actually disagree with this too. Lets review...

Machida: Hit him about... maybe 25 times from the initial blow that rocked him to the KO blow. Rashad fought (or at least tried to) many huge shots that would KO heavyweights. And don't say Machida doesn't have KO power because that's just silly.

Thiago Silva: This guy has a record comprised of nearly all knockouts and 1 loss. Thiago is a very hard hitting LHW with proven KO power. He tagged Rashad with not 1 but 2 HUGE hooks that put Rashad on queer street. Rashad then took many clean shots to the head but survived and recovered in the middle of the beatdown to regain position and sit it out until the bell.

People think that just because he got rocked, he's easy to finish. If that was the case, Rampage's jaw is weaker than Rashad's.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts

Something I'd like to point out though is that Rampage didn't seem all there like against Griffin. Against Wand he had many years of frustration and pent up anger. Even with the personal issues he was able to stay focus and defeat his demons which speaks alot about a fighters' mindset. For Chuck he was hungry...very hungry and he beat him before. What we're seeing now is in fact "RAMPAGE." I can see that street mentality in his eyes. Rashad wants to beat em...Rampage wants to kill em.

He sticks with the game plan by staying in the pocket and not losing his cool getting taunted by Rashad and chasing him around wasting cardio then he's gonna hurt em.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't decide how it will go down. Here are the two scenarios I imagine.

Rashad will use a (Greg)Jacksonian "diverse mixed martial arts gameplan" to confuse Rampage and keep him guessing.

He will circle around using his superior footspeed, counterpunch with superior handspeed and exploit Quinton's notorious lack of legkick-checking. Rampage will be forced to chase him, open up a little too much, eventhough he will ocassionally land hard punches.
Rashad may also execute one or two succesfull takedown attempts.

Rashad wins by Decision.

Rampage's boxing combinations, his parry defense and his defensive "wrastling" will be too much for Rashad to handle. The takedown attempts will be stuffed and might even be countered. If taken down, Rampage will quickly get up like in the Dan Henderson fight.

Rampage will counter Rashad's legkick attempts and drop him, follow up and finish with punches on the ground.

Rampage by Tko in round 3.
Scenario 1 happened, although scenario 2 was close to happening:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.