Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Tyron Woodley admits he would lose a fight with Colby Covington

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  kantowrestler 
#1 ·
UFC Welterweight champion Tyron Woodley goes on a rant towards interim champion Colby Covington during a live chat on social media.

There is some serious bad blood between the two UFC welterweight champions, Tyron Woodley and Colby Covington.

Woodley recently did a live chat on social media where he apparently went on an aggressive rant towards Covington, who was recently crowned interim welterweight champion at last Saturday’s UFC 225. During that chat, Woodley stated he wanted planned to put the beatdown on his 170-pound counterpart.

“Colby Covington is coming to get his ass whooped,” said Woodley. “I ain’t never in my life, I ain’t never in my career, I ain’t never in my existence as an adult human being wanted to f**k somebody up so bad, beat somebody so bad, embarrass somebody so bad, end his career so bad, take his life so bad, and I don’t even say that figuratively. Literally, I’m gonna try to hurt him so f**king bad they’re never gonna want to let me fight in the UFC again, that’s a fact.”

Harsh words from the champion, although Covington wasn’t shying away from his own smack-talking towards Woodley during his post-fight interview he gave after he defeated Rafael Dos Anjos.

“Tyron Woodley, you’re a freaking coward. Why’d you let this little filthy animal take this *ss-whooping tonight? This was supposed to be you,” said Covington. “You can’t run, you can’t hide no more Tyron Woodley. I’m coming for you.”

With a feud this intense between Woodley and Covington, this could be great news for not only Woodley and Covington but for the UFC as well. There may be more investment into this potential fight it were to happen due to the intense disdain both fighters have for each other. And it’s also worth noting that it may help get fans more interested in Woodley as a champion since has been criticized in the past for allegedly having underwhelming performances.

https://fansided.com/2018/06/11/tyron-woodleys-colby-covington-rant-rumors-ufc/

Woodley's response and reaction make me think he lost this fight mentally, months before the fight could even have a chance of taking place.

His reaction is like Jose Aldo's reaction to Conor.

#3 ·
Why would he be scared of Colby?
I vaguely remember there being a sequence in one of the Woodley vs Wonderboy fights where Woodley wrestled to get the fight to the ground. Wonderboy got back up. Woodley slowed down noticeably and had to take a break to recover.

If I'm remembering correctly and Woodley slowed down from one takedown, imagine how he'll fare against a guy who forces him to defend takedowns almost every second of every round.

Woodley would need an early finish, puncher's chance.

There are other reasons why Woodley's response is the wrong response to hear from someone talking about a fight. Woodley's days as champ might be numbered.

#5 ·
Sorry I missed the part where Woodley admits he would lose a fight with Colby. Where exactly was that part...

IMO Woodley is the absolute worse match up for Colby. Colby is not going to KO/TKO ANYONE in the top 10 ever so he better hope his wrestling is better than Woodley's, which I absolutely don't agree with.

#8 ·
how does my response infer that? I simply asked if Maia didn't force him to defend take downs their entire fight and was curious how you thought that was affecting Woodley. His output was low, do you think it was due to the constant TDD? And I was agreeing that Colby would push more offense on Woodley also. I think Colby brings a fight to Woodley he aint gonna like.

#10 ·
This is 100% the difference. Not to mention Coby has never KO/TKO'd anyone with a Wiki page for Christ's sake. So statistics would point out he's not really capable of doing that to a champion who has taken very hard shots from Lawler, Thompson, Gastelum, Rory, Condit and the list goes on. He's gonna have to grind it out in a wrestling match with Woodley if he even ever gets it to the floor without being KO'd himself.

RDA was a good test for Colby and his best win EVER. I thought RDA was stronger in the wrestling dept but apparently he was not. In fact, RDA is probably the only real test he's be given. Usman just beat Maia as well, so all things are pointing to Maia being on the way out IMO. Beating him at this point as a way to climb your way to the top 5 is about as relevant as beating Marquardt or something IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.