Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow I always was a fan of Alistair and I always said if he returned to the US tested clean and won I wouldn't doubt him.

It's time to give him respect Alistair is for real.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This dudes bandwagon is about to explode. Hope he tests clean, cant wait to see him fight Fedor.
Yeah I still don't know what to think about the whole roiding thing but as long as he tests clean and continues too im happy.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Yeah I still don't know what to think about the whole roiding thing but as long as he tests clean and continues too im happy.
He is going to be a giant star here in the states. Give him one or two more fights over here and he is gonna be one of the biggest names in mma. Like ive said before, the dude looks like a comic book hero and never has boring fights.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I have backed him all the way for a long time, and took heavy criticism in this forum for rating him as been in the best shape of his life and been one of the best strikers in MMA. This fight was no suprise to me.

if you where to check out my old posts oin this subject you will see I have always said I would not be at all surprised if Overeem comes back beats Rogers and Fedor, there is no one more dangerous standing,

·
Registered
26 Posts
man this whole fedor vs overeem thing is turning into some rocky movie....... with overeem playing part of clubber lang lol....... hopefully fedor pulls through.....

and wth lol, talk about punches to the back of the head......

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm so glad he beat Rogers. I can't believe that i got flammed over at the ea mma forums for saying Rogers is a can while they were talking crap about UFC heavyweights and even called Mir a can!! Jeeze. What a great performance by Overeem just totally dominated that fight .it was hilarious watching Rogers goto the fetal position

·
Registered
597 Posts
He's not that good...-_-

It's just that as I pointed out, Brett Rogers is a ****ing bum. Overrated ass tire changer that became hyped because he did well against Fraudor.

thats possibly true... but!!... brett had fedor on his back laid some gnp and broke his nose. fedor caught him with a wicked leaping hook but until then it was fairly close....

alistair had brett scared and backing up, scared to trade punches

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats possibly true... but!!... brett had fedor on his back laid some gnp and broke his nose. fedor caught him with a wicked leaping hook but until then it was fairly close....

Brett was never in the fight. I forget what the stats said I think 1/5 upper body punches and that was it lol.

·
Kneel Before Christ!
8,024 Posts

Alistair is just bigger, not really better. He's still the guy that got stretched by Shogun twice...not that that's anything to hang your hat about, but he's not world class.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Not really. His most notable win in this stretch was Paul Buentello. Honestly, I don't even rate Rogers much higher than Paul. I've always said Rogers was shit.
I will say now what I have always said before, it dont matter shit what names he has beat, I rated him on his technique, I rate JDS for the same reason, he is a monster striker in the form of his life, I would say it if I saw him in the gym hitting a bag, the guy has tallent just a shame most people dont see past the names they have beat and look at someones movement and techniqe more to judge who is a good fighter, you should watch K-1 more

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wow I always was a fan of Alistair and I always said if he returned to the US tested clean and won I wouldn't doubt him.

It's time to give him respect Alistair is for real.
I thought ALISTAIR would win, but this sounds impressive will have to wait until later to see the fight which is crap damn U.K,lol.
He did a wee in the cup test too, hopefully FEDOR'S management will have no complaints and we'll get to see the fight we really want

·
Kneel Before Christ!
8,024 Posts
I will say now what I have always said before, it dont matter shit what names he has beat, I rated him on his technique, I rate JDS for the same reason, he is a monster striker in the form of his life, I would say it if I saw him in the gym hitting a bag, the guy has tallent just a shame most people dont see past the names they have beat and look at someones movement and techniqe more to judge who is a good fighter, you should watch K-1 more
JDS has beaten a myriad of top guys at this point, comparing their resumes would be disgraceful.

Overeem has beaten bums. Nothing impressive about it. Rogers did the same, tonight proved he was shit. Simple.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.