Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
Wow. didn't expect this kind of odds. Great odds to bet on Randy while Vera's are terrible.
Not to be rude but do you understand odds? I'm not trying to be a dick by asking that, but Vera has the better odds.

Randy is the favorite so if you bet on him you will win less money. But if you bet on Vera, and he wins you will win more money.

Betting on the underdog will always give you a higher payoff if they win.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Not to be rude but do you understand odds? I'm not trying to be a dick by asking that, but Vera has the better odds.

Randy is the favorite so if you bet on him you will win less money. But if you bet on Vera, and he wins you will win more money.

Betting on the underdog will always give you a higher payoff if they win.
Yes I completely understand how it works as I do my share of betting with real money too. My point was that bookies overall are letting Randy's 2 recent losses affect these odds too much and result is great odds to bet on Randy (Im not complaining about that) while Vera's are way lower than they really should be. If we are rational though 2 losses against 2 top 5 heavyweights in great fights surely doesn't justify odds like that against a can like Vera in LHW match.

So basically yes Vera is the underdog, but you can't really put a value bet on him just for the odds as those are so even. It really depends about the person betting ofcourse but to me Vera would need atleast 2.0 multiplier before I could even consider betting on him, but then again Randy has proven in the past that its never safe to bet against him no matter what odds. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts