Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is how I see things going this Saturday for the main card.

Ross Pearson vs Aaron Riley:

This is sure to be a good fight with lots of action. I think we will see Aaron dominate the stand up and out work Ross on his way to a 30-27 dec.

Matt Brown vs James Wilks:

Another fight that is sure to bring the fireworks. I believe that Wilks will get hurt on his feet, and look to take the fight to the mat. If this fight is finished, it will be Matt Brown all the way, if it goes the distance, I think Wilks will squeak out the dec.

Denis Kang vs Michael Bisping:

This fight will answer the question "How has Michael recovered from his last K.O loss?" I look for him to do his usual "run jab run" as he will not want to stand and exchange with Kang, who is arguably way better in the striking dept. Kang will need to cut the cage off and look to force Bisping into an exchange. If Bisping can get to the dec, he will take it in a rather controversial win. But I see Kang hurting Michael and stopping him early in the fight.

Mike Swick vs Dan Hardy:

Which Mike Swick will show up? The answer to the outcome of the fight really depends on Mike. If he shows up on his "a" game, Hardy is in trouble. If he shows up looking to counter punch and earn a dec, he is in trouble. Hardy is a durable fighter with tons of talent. But I can't see him doing much with a game Swick. Swick should take this by tko.

Randy Couture vs Brandon Vera:

Randy should dominate this fight. It probably won't be a spectacular finish, but Randy will grind Vera for 3 long rounds. Brandon has choked on every big opportunity and I can't see him doing much to stop the pace of Randy.

Randy by Dec.

There you go guys.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
Below is how I see things going this Saturday for the main card.

This is sure to be a good fight with lots of action. I think we will see Aaron dominate the stand up and out work Ross on his way to a 30-27 dec.
Dont see anyone dominating anyone in this bout, especially Riley dominating on the feet. Ross is a great striker, with a lot of great sparring partners, rough house is well known for its great strikers.

i see ross eeking out a close decision on the feet in a great fight.

Another fight that is sure to bring the fireworks. I believe that Wilks will get hurt on his feet, and look to take the fight to the mat. If this fight is finished, it will be Matt Brown all the way, if it goes the distance, I think Wilks will squeak out the dec.
another close fight that could either way really, just who ever can implement there gameplan better. I have Wilks by Sub, although i could easily see a T/KO by Brown, another great fight though

This fight will answer the question "How has Michael recovered from his last K.O loss?" I look for him to do his usual "run jab run" as he will not want to stand and exchange with Kang, who is arguably way better in the striking dept. Kang will need to cut the cage off and look to force Bisping into an exchange. If Bisping can get to the dec, he will take it in a rather controversial win. But I see Kang hurting Michael and stopping him early in the fight.

Not going to say much on this fight because i know how biased you Americans are, but i have Bisping to win convincingly.

Mike Swick vs Dan Hardy:

Which Mike Swick will show up? The answer to the outcome of the fight really depends on Mike. If he shows up on his "a" game, Hardy is in trouble. If he shows up looking to counter punch and earn a dec, he is in trouble. Hardy is a durable fighter with tons of talent. But I can't see him doing much with a game Swick. Swick should take this by tko.
Love to see Hardy win but i think Swick is just too good for him, Swick by T/KO

Randy should dominate this fight. It probably won't be a spectacular finish, but Randy will grind Vera for 3 long rounds. Brandon has choked on every big opportunity and I can't see him doing much to stop the pace of Randy.

Randy by Dec.

There you go guys.
I think randy will just be too slow for Vera, and Vera has good takedown defense which will keep him on the feet enough to either KO randy or take the decision.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I agree with everything Shoguns_Nuts says EXCEPT I don't think Bisping will be doing his boxing jab routine. He has already said he is going back to his old 'balls to the wall' style and go for the ko. He probably has to do this after his last few performances and the pressure to please the crowd.

Also I think Wilks will submit Brown.

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
I'm a little tired now so I won't be giving a very detailed analysis but here is how I see the fights playing out:

Aaron Riley VS Ross Pearson:

Aaron Riley will probably win a UD over Ross with his wrestling and submission knowledge (unless Ross catches Riley on his feet and Tko's him)
But still going with Riley.

This fight is hard for me to call. James Wilks impressed me a bit on the Tuf show but rcently Brown has become a pretty complete MMA fighter with more experience so I think that experience will pay off and he'll win by TKO in the 2nd.
Matt Brown by TKO.

Kang will be too much for Bisping to handle and will KO/TKO him or even manager to SUB him.
Kang by a gorilla pow wow! (what ever that means.)

Mike Swick vs Dan Hardy:

Think Swick will be too much for Hardy to handle but I'm starting to believe hardy is the real deal and could pull out the upset and mess Swick the hell up. But my gut has to go with Swick due to his speed, accuracy, ko power, jitz, wrestling, and all the experience he's had.
So Swick by a Swickateen or KO.

Brandon Vera VS Randy Couture:

Love Randy, but I think Vera will be too focused, hungry, fast and ready that he'll KO Randy with either a knee or leg kicks.
Vera by KO.....but I want Randy to pull it out and make me never forget I shouldn't doubt him!

·
Registered
173 Posts

Pearson by TKO in 3rd round (but Riley could well win an earlier round or two).

Matt Brown by TKO in the 2nd. Brown's just so composed, it's hard not to be confident in his abilities.

Kang by TKO in the 2nd. I could see a sub as well, but anyway I think Kang is going to return to form and go on a run. Bisping's just a warm body in his way.

Mike Swick vs Dan Hardy:

Swick by TKO in the 3rd. This is very tough to call, I see it as a back-and-forth bout.

Couture by UD. I think Vera will show some good striking but fail to capitalize on his chances. He seems like a mentally fragile fighter in some ways, while Couture is still one of the best in the sport at finding weaknesses and exploiting them. I think he'll keep putting Vera in uncomfortable positions and grind out the win.

I also think Vera could get dropped in 2010 and we could see Vera fighting in Strikeforce this time next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts