Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i havent seen any posts on this already (please re direct me if im wrong) i want to talk about the crowd at ufc 111. A good crowd makes or breaks a ufc event for me

Now i was under the assumption that new jersey crowd are generally very loud. But i was disappointed to say the least. They looked like they were hardly in it. Some of the main card fights looked like prelim fights. there was literally no crowd response. And the booing every time it went to the ground. There is immense skill involved when fighting on the ground.

I didnt see a reason for Gsp to apologize to the fans. they were booing him even though it was a thoroughly active fight.

considering i was in the crowd at ufc 110 down here in sydney, aus.. it was a massive let down.

Just my two cents. now i dont want to get flamed by the new jersey guys.. but what do other fans think.. does crowd involvement make or break a ufc event for u

Reactions: LOJ

·
Registered
769 Posts
New Jersey sports fans and/or people in general have a reputation for being assclowns, whether or not last night proved it is up for decision. I wasn't really too surprised, UFC audiences everywhere boo whenever they get in the clinch or on the ground, its really too bad.

·
Banned
689 Posts
i don't think it was any worse than any other crowds

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Since i havent seen any posts on this already (please re direct me if im wrong) i want to talk about the crowd at ufc 111. A good crowd makes or breaks a ufc event for me

Now i was under the assumption that new jersey crowd are generally very loud. But i was disappointed to say the least. They looked like they were hardly in it. Some of the main card fights looked like prelim fights. there was literally no crowd response. And the booing every time it went to the ground. There is immense skill involved when fighting on the ground.

I didnt see a reason for Gsp to apologize to the fans. they were booing him even though it was a thoroughly active fight.

considering i was in the crowd at ufc 110 down here in sydney, aus.. it was a massive let down.

Just my two cents. now i dont want to get flamed by the new jersey guys.. but what do other fans think.. does crowd involvement make or break a ufc event for u
You noticed well. But you know, there are some, who only think a fight is entertaining, if one fighter gets KO'd or if there's a blod bath in the cage. Some just don't appreciate a good fight.

Off: I think the Jersey crowd is just mad that the Nets have the worst NBA record ever :sarcastic12:

·
Registered
12 Posts
New Jersey sports fans and/or people in general have a reputation for being assclowns, whether or not last night proved it is up for decision. I wasn't really too surprised, UFC audiences everywhere boo whenever they get in the clinch or on the ground, its really too bad.
The fact that UFC fans Boo at a good ground game matchup bugs me so much. Im a huge fan of the art and the sport, I just hope the fans do not steer the sport in a bad direction.

I would really hate to see reffs start standing fighters faster or breaking clinches quicker just becuase some drunk idiot wants blood.:(

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
I didnt notice that they were quiet bu dan they booed alot for no reason what so ever. Mirgliotta idn't help by sanding people up everytime someone booed either.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The ground has far to much stalling imo and just controlling for the win. Its about time grappling was used for what its for and thats transitions to gain a advantage to strike or submit. People are right to boo when many fighters just hold out for a win with little GNP, MMA does not mean a wrestling match nor does it mean a pure striking by any means but i feel people defend wrestling too much.

my 2 pence

- Toro

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
I thought it was better than the UFC live and UFC 110 crowd.
Really?

I was there at UFC 110, The crowd not only yelled but were stamping there feet and hitting/clapping. It was like a crazy European soccer chant. Almost brought the roof down.

I really feared the Aussie crowd would have been terrible and not educated on MMA but it was the opposite.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The ground has far to much stalling imo and just controlling for the win. Its about time grappling was used for what its for and thats transitions to gain a advantage to strike or submit. People are right to boo when many fighters just hold out for a win with little GNP, MMA does not mean a wrestling match nor does it mean a pure striking by any means but i feel people defend wrestling too much.

my 2 pence

- Toro
I tent do agree with that. In my mind as long as ur continuing to advance ur position (GnP or attempting subbs or better guard or whatever) GsP Hardy wasnt two guys laying on eachother tho. GsP kept advancing his guard and attempting to sub, and Hardy was making it hard for him, kept getting out (just to be takin down again but hey at least they were not just laying there spooning lol.:sarcastic12:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Umm hammerlock.. i was at ufc 110.. and i couldnt speak after.. judoka..did u start the bispings a wanker chants..lol

·
Banned
689 Posts
Really?

I really feared the Aussie crowd would have been terrible and not educated on MMA but it was the opposite.
yeah i thought it was going to be the usual drunken ********

·
Registered
196 Posts
Anybody notice them chanting "Hardy Sucks!" during the fight? That bit pissed me off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts