Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Report: UFC 112 Abu Dhabi judge Doug Crosby in hot water
By Zach Arnold | April 13, 2010

Yesterday, I said that if Doug Crosby was a smart man, he would be privately and publicly apologizing to UFC regulatory boss Marc Ratner for his behavior since the UFC 112 event ended.

Now comes word that Crosby has been read the riot act by several powerful people in Mixed Martial Arts. This comes via Dave Meltzer on his radio show early this morning:

“Doug Crosby’s in a lot of trouble right now because apparently Doug Crosby went on the Internet and was trolling people on the Internet, you know, and making fun of them and all this, you know as far as they’re ripping on him and he’s making fun of them and that is conduct unbecoming a judge and I know several of the commissions called him and then UFC called him as well and they told him to, you know, do not be, you know… GET OFF THE INTERNET and there’s a lot of commissions right now very upset about judges on the Internet. I think that they were very mad at Cecil Peoples when he made that stupid leg kick thing after the Shogun Rua fight with Machida and you know so I think that there’s going to be, you know, one of the new rules judging unofficial rule is like you can’t do 10-10s even though you’re allowed to but everyone knows you really can’t and is that you cannot go out there and troll people on the Internet after you know things, I mean… I don’t see anything wrong with a judge going out there and explaining, unless he’s a fricking moron and explain like well, leg kicks don’t count, well that’s… then he probably shouldn’t be judging, honestly, but I don’t see anything wrong with a judge explaining but a judge should absolutely not be out there making fun of people.

Then again, you know, I don’t know… (laughs) The Internet’s a funny thing, I mean, should Dana be on Twitter telling everyone **** you? And he’s doing that and he’s fricking, he’s the most powerful guy in the whole business! I mean, so, he’s setting quite the example here.”

Mr. Crosby should re-read my advice from yesterday. It would serve him well if he wants to continue having a career as a judge in Mixed Martial Arts.

Jordan Breen of Sherdog:

Based on the volume of email I’ve got about it, I wonder if people are ready to let Doug Crosby usurp Cecil Peoples as the go-to hated judge.

(The) Real hope here is that fans and media get mad enough that when the UFC need out-of-state judges, Crosby never comes up for fear of backlash.

Josh Gross of Sports Illustrated:

Just got off the phone with Doug Crosby, who speaks the way he posts on forums. He declined to address his scoring of Penn-Edgar.

I tried several times to get him to speak, pointing out that he’s already gone public on the Underground. “No means no,” Crosby said.

Strangest 2 min. convo ever. He asked me how my family was and then said he confused me with another Josh Gross from Calif.

He asked how I got the number, then said it was his assistant’s. He was doing her a favor by answering. Also asked about the weather in L.A.

If I’m a mixed martial artist in position to dictate such things, Doug Crosby never judges my fight.

This guy really is an idiot. Where do they find these judges?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts