1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
*Chills* HELL, ITS ABOUT TIME!

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Koschecks striking really does look pants when you look at it side by side with Daleys in this vid. I hope he gets his hair knocked the feck off.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Koschecks striking really does look pants when you look at it side by side with Daleys in this vid. I hope he gets his hair knocked the feck off.

LOL nice Tito Avatar! I hate that dude... And yeah i like Daley and i like his style but just not against GSP, so that alone makes me want Kos to win...

At least he will be comfortable when it hits the ground, because its literally not IF it hits the ground but WHEN it hits the ground.... And Daley like everyone else on this planet cant stop GSP from doing that...

And once he does, its a snooze fest for someone with the ground skills of Daley...

It will most likely be the same with Kos, but Kos will at least attempt to get back up.... And bring a little more tools to the insane Challenge that awaits...

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
LOL nice Tito Avatar! I hate that dude... And yeah i like Daley and i like his style but just not against GSP, so that alone makes me want Kos to win...

At least he will be comfortable not IF it hits the ground but WHEN it hits the ground.... And Daley like everyone else on this planet cant stop GSP from doing that...

And once he does its a snooze fest... It will most likely be the same with Kos, but Kos will at least attempt to get back up.... And bring a little more tools to the insane Challenge that awaits...
Agreed MK. I think we'll all be watching very intently for that first Kos takedown attempt to see what Daleys TDD looks like. Considering Hardy is *supposed* to have the better ground game of the two, I don't hold much hope.

To be clear... I hate Tito too!

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Agreed MK. I think we'll all be watching very intently for that first Kos takedown attempt to see what Daleys TDD looks like. Considering Hardy is *supposed* to have the better ground game of the two, I don't hold much hope.

To be clear... I hate Tito too!

Yeah the Diaz brothers are right there with Tito in my book! And good point, if Daley shows really good TDD, it will get me more interested for sure!

But its scary seeing how GREAT Alves TDD was and how GSP took him down at will with a pulled groin... I cant even move with a pulled groin and he is taking someone down that even LHW's were saying they couldn't take Alves down....

GSP is just that scary of a wrestler... But even just Above Average TDD might get me more interested then another Kos fight...

But at the same time, do i really want to see Daley to scared to throw a punch because he is focusing on the TDD, just to get taken down anyway, and know in the back of my head that its not going anywhere unless GSP finishes it or the bell rings... Please Lord not again!

IDK to me this whole idea is STUPID!!! Give him someone with great striking and great footwork for the TDD, and really good ground game for when it gets there....

Wait i just described Anderson....

But instead we get to watch a whole Ultimate Fighter and wait months and months just to watch what we already know....

And then finally start crossing are fingers AGAIN! :pray01:

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
I truly believe that Kos improved his MMA Wrestling immensely since the GSP fight. And I am sure Kos can take GSP down too, as well as stop a lot of GSP's takedowns. :thumbsup:

Kos was just way to unexperienced in there first meeting..

he is still to much of a firebrand in my mind.. but he can do it!

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
I truly believe that Kos improved his MMA Wrestling immensely since the GSP fight. And I am sure Kos can take GSP down too, as well as stop a lot of GSP's takedowns. :thumbsup:

Yeah true, but what good is Koscheck getting better if GSP is also getting THAT much better as well.... And i dont think Kos has been improving more drastically then GSP.... But for the sake of a good fight, i hope ur right buddy!

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Im trying to remember... who was the last fighter to take GSP down?

Either way, Kos can beat GSP. Not likely... but he can. That would be a disaster. The WW division would go from a smooth sexy exotic tip... to something quite different. Something indescribable. :eek:

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

he is still to much of a firebrand in my mind.. but he can do it!
kos is the one with the biggest chance of beating gsp, he's got explosive TD's(the takedown he got on gsp was the definition of explosive and would have looked better if gsp didn't grab the cage) but really needs to train all grappelling and off his back for gsp because gsp only needs to see a slight twitch and he will get out of the way when someones about to strike and there is no point chasing him while throwing punches cuz you are getting taken down if you do

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Kos certainly has come a long way, but if he stands with Daley he is FVCKED. I don't think he will though, I see him gettin his wrestle on. Not too sure about Lyoto/Rua 2, don't think we'll see another decision though somehow.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kos certainly has come a long way, but if he stands with Daley he is FVCKED. I don't think he will though, I see him gettin his wrestle on. Not too sure about Lyoto/Rua 2, don't think we'll see another decision though somehow.
yeah and i think kos might be playing mind games with daley by saying he isn't afraid to stand and bang with him

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Like i said many times, i believe Machida will be his old elusive self again, and make Shogun feel the pressure of losing again by a lot of movement and stepping in and out of the pocket until the later rounds, where Shogun doesn't want to leave it to the judges and gets TKO/KO from counter strikes...

Or Machida will put so much pressure that Shogun will be in the clinch, or using his legs to try to step back to get some distance for some kicks...

The fight can go so many ways, those are my top 2 predictions lol

·
The Fun Police
11,565 Posts
No way will Kos stand with Daley. He'll take him down almost straight away and beat him on the ground.

Here's hoping daley can catch him on the way in..

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
No way will Kos stand with Daley. He'll take him down almost straight away and beat him on the ground.

Here's hoping daley can catch him on the way in..
With a shot against GSP and being a couch on TUF on the line....

Your damn right he will! LOL

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
yeah and i think kos might be playing mind games with daley by saying he isn't afraid to stand and bang with him
Yeah definitely man, why would an all American wrestler stand with probably the most dangerous striker in the division? It makes no sense, he'll wrestle.

Like i said many times, i believe Machida will be his old elusive self again, and make Shogun feel the pressure of losing again by a lot of movement and stepping in and out of the pocket until the later rounds, where Shogun doesn't want to leave it to the judges and gets TKO/KO from counter strikes...

Or Machida will put so much pressure that Shogun will be in the clinch, or using his legs to try to step back to get some distance for some kicks...

The fight can go so many ways, those are my top 2 predictions lol
Yeah I agree, there's more pressure on Shogun here then Lyoto. Shogun has to TKO or KO him and he'll try and push the pace, but that's when he falls in Lyoto's trap. However if he utilizes those leg kicks well again then Machida might have to be a little more active in his attacks.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
The fight is tricky for Shogun. He had the advantage of suprise in the first fight. Lyoto came in with the same tactics he always did and fell into Shoguns trap on that occasion. Thing is, there is NO WAY Lyoto hasn't changed his game to compensate... and theres NO WAY Shogun is going to be foolish enough to come in with the same plan, regardless of what he says in the video. Both these guys have no fecking clue as to what the other is going to do, and therefore must be ready for anything. So awesome I have to wear nappies to think about it.

Its going to be a great fight. I cant wait to see what they both do. I dare not predict... not with this fight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts