Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
LOL! This interview was jokes. Having Rampage and Rashad on the same phone is funny, I am surprised it was even remotely successful. I was expecting a back and forth verbal assault by both guys, and the interviewers not being able to get any words in.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
UFC is the new WWF. The fake hype is ridiculous.
Don´t really know if the hype is fake...

But you know what?

The fight will be for real!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Rampage doesn't even need Rashad to make him look stupid in this one! Fake hype or real animosity, I still can't wait for this fight.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
lol at "fake hype" I suppose guys like hopkins and roy jones were faking right.Like its just impossible for two fighters to get into a jawing match and just want to knock the other out :confused05:

Very surprised the hype has withstood all these months, with a-team and rampage's retirement.But one would be a fool to think the fight is going to be anything other than a snoozefest.Rampage is going to try and bang, while rashad is going to be throwing faints while shooting for a takedown for dear life (imitating his colleague saintpeer)

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
That's not fake hype, no way. They seriously don't like each other, should make for an interesting fight.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It was pretty low from Dana saying he couldn't remember what Rashad said to him when he pulled out of the fight with Rampage. It's obvious Rashad is his boy.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
To fight this guy, its like a step Backwards for me.

-Rampage Jackson

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's Dana White orchestrated hype. He pushes this contrived nonsense with a big stupid grin on his face the whole time. He's turning the UFC into the WWF, but as long as he's rich he could care less.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
It was pretty low from Dana saying he couldn't remember what Rashad said to him when he pulled out of the fight with Rampage. It's obvious Rashad is his boy.
I dont think so at all... Dana is talking to people 20 hours a day it seems... i doubt he would remember every single conversation he has with someone especially if it was THAT long ago. Iv seen Reporters ask Dana about Kimbos next fight and he had no fucin clue so a different reporter himself had to answer that question. Then Dana just sais "Oh i think your right.. well i guess i can answer that question". Safe to say Dana has alot on his mind that he most likely wouldn't remember exactly what Rashad said. He asked Rashad to answer it thought so i dont see how he favored 1 over the other at all in this interview.

It's Dana White orchestrated hype. He pushes this contrived nonsense with a big stupid grin on his face the whole time. He's turning the UFC into the WWF, but as long as he's rich he could care less.

There is smack talk in every sport... i dont see how this is wwe like. This is more of real life shit talking then anything else. When you really get pissed and are shit talking yo pretty much become as immature as you were when you were a teen. I know when im getting heated and running my mouth i pretty much would say 95% of things to insult the guy im getting into it with. This is just how humans are... iv seen some of the calmest polite people really freak out and get immature when pissed of.

So lets not compare their shit talking to what WWE does. It is nothing alike...

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
... and if you we're running the UFC, you would do what? Not give them interviews? Not do a primetime show? Knowing full well they have beef, are you suggesting you would keep them apart and try to pacify them? Don't make me laugh. Dana is the president of the fastest growing sport in the world. He might be a knob... but feck me sideways if he doesn't know what hes doing.​

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts

... and if you we're running the UFC, you would do what? Not give them interviews? Not do a primetime show? Knowing full well they have beef, are you suggesting you would keep them apart and try to pacify them? Don't make me laugh. Dana is the president of the fastest growing sport in the world. He might be a knob... but feck me sideways if he doesn't know what hes doing.

Yikes.... i think i have to pass. :confused05:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts