Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Cheeky freak of the week
1,646 Posts
Thats a huge number right there. With the lacking main card apart from the ME, thats really something. Is it fair to say Rampage is the second biggest draw behind Lesnar?

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
WOW thats pretty damn good for that card.. that was all def due to Rampages return.. What do you think Liddell Franklin will do Chucks Return.. im thinking more then 925 especially in Canada..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bet a lot of that was either people wanting to see who would knock the shit out of who due to hype and "I wanna see the new Mr.T fighting" which is pretty retarded, I would have doubts about how many of those numbers were actual fans. Its the same with Brock, he brought a fanbase from WWE with him.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Of course, He was a great fighter in K1 especially, im saying that with the media attention, the high numbers could be due to those other sources aside from the normal amount you would get from that fight. Its all speculation but it from an MMA POV it wasnt a spectacular card in any way so there must be some reason as to why the numbers were so high. Maybe it just had more broadcast coverage, who knows.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
The fight had a ton of build and controversy leading up to it and Rampage did a great job on the last minute selling with his interviews. Plus really dude is a huge name Brock and GSP are the only comparable guys to him and after A-Team he will probably be the biggest name.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Strong number for a show that was essentially a one fight card. The Primetime build had a lot to do with as I think every Primetime episode had over a million viewers and it seems proven that Primetime helps the buyrate. Hopefully Rampage and Rashad got paid well for helping this show reach the level it did. People need to give Rashad credit though. He's done well every time he's on PPV and contributed to the buyrate just as much as Jackson.

I'm thinking UFC 115 will do around 400,000. Anything higher than that and UFC should consider a success. Franklin has never done well on PPV (not helped that he's always on overseas events) and who knows how Liddell is going to do. I think the fact that he hasn't fought in so long and TUF helps though.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I'm thinking UFC 115 will do around 400,000. Anything higher than that and UFC should consider a success. Franklin has never done well on PPV (not helped that he's always on overseas events) and who knows how Liddell is going to do. I think the fact that he hasn't fought in so long and TUF helps though.
Dancing with the stars as well. The timing is really poor 114 was such a big card that I think it will hurt the numbers. If this was 4 weeks out I think it would do 500-550k easily.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.