Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Event: UFC 114: "Rampage vs. Evans"
Date: Saturday, May 8, 2010, at 10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view (PPV)

Main card:

205 lbs.: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. "Sugar" Rashad Evans
205 lbs.: Jason Brilz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
185 lbs.: Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller
170 lbs.: John Hathaway vs. Diego Sanchez
265 lbs.: Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow

Spike TV card (Televised):

170 lbs.: Dong Hyun Kim vs. Amir Sadollah
170 lbs.: Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon

Under card (May not be broadcast):

155 lbs.: Melvin Guillard vs. Thiago Tavares
155 lbs.: Joe Brammer vs. Aaron Riley
205 lbs.: Luiz Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate
185 lbs.: Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
shouldnt they put Melvin Guillard vs. Thiago Tavares on the main card instead of todd duffee?

I certainly think so.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
Luiz Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate is a sleeper for sure. These guys are going to clash shins bigtime.
I have the PRIDE screaming lady saying "the sSsSsSsSsSsSnnnake" burned into my mind whenever I think of Cyrille. I hope he looks good and isn't one and done.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
Hopefully this card does not disappoint. If Rampage comes into the fight in good shape, the I think that main event will be a good one. I hope that Diego does well in his fight after the beating he took from Penn.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
This is a pretty bad main card IMO.

1. Rampage-Rashad: great fight that im really looking forward to.

2. Bisping-Miller: Ive never seen Miller fight but Bisping is pretty much irrelevant in his weight class and not that great of a fighter.

3. Nogueira-Brilz: Extremely lopsided fight. Would have been good if Forrest didnt pull out but this is completely uninteresting.

4. Duffee: Ive never seen either of these guys fight, dont know anything about them other than that theyre heavyweights.

5. Sanchez-Hathaway: Sanchez is basically a non-factor in the UFC at this point in terms of his potential to win a title. He keeps giving up on weight classes hoping to find one where he can be a champ, but its not gunna happen unfortunately.

Im actually a lot more excited for the Spike undercard than the main card because i want to see how TUF winners Amir Sadollah and Efrain Escudero continue to progress in their UFC careers.

·
Registered
349 Posts
IMO Forrest dropping out of his fight with Lil Nog really made this card bad Bisping vs Miller is not really a bad fight just not Co Main Event worthy and Brilz as Forrest is not great either as Lil Nog should dominate.Really I am looking forward to the prelims more than the actual card.Kim vs Amir,Cane vs Diabate,Guillard vs Lowe,and Lauzon vs Efrain almost interest me as much as anything on the main card bar Rashad vs Rampage.Please tho Dan Miller please work on ur striking a little and beat Bisping please

·
Registered
20 Posts
Granted that in general you can have an idea of how a fight can go, buit you never really know, just watch it and hope for great matches, Rampage and Rashad will deffinately be good, its no secret that they completely dispise each other, and rampage has supposedly trained hard for the first time ever in his new camp in England, we shall see how it pans out for him. Pitty about griffin also, really like his fights.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Wait you have never seen Miller fight? Nor Duffee? and Sanchez does not factor into the title contention? Have you ever watched UFC? Both Jim and his brother Dan have put up some great fights in the last year. Duffee holds the UFC record for fastest KO and Sanchez lost to BJ Penn big deal, Penn does not have the belt right now which makes the weight class wide open right now regardless of his Re Match with Edgar coming up...I hate Sanchez and I think he is pretty relevant. I find it funny Amir and Efrain are what you are looking forward too man. Stop watching so much TUF. all the guys on this card have been in several UFCs over the last year and a half.

·
Banned
670 Posts
This is a pretty bad main card IMO.

1. Rampage-Rashad: great fight that im really looking forward to.

2. Bisping-Miller: Ive never seen Miller fight but Bisping is pretty much irrelevant in his weight class and not that great of a fighter.

3. Nogueira-Brilz: Extremely lopsided fight. Would have been good if Forrest didnt pull out but this is completely uninteresting.

4. Duffee: Ive never seen either of these guys fight, dont know anything about them other than that theyre heavyweights.

5. Sanchez-Hathaway: Sanchez is basically a non-factor in the UFC at this point in terms of his potential to win a title. He keeps giving up on weight classes hoping to find one where he can be a champ, but its not gunna happen unfortunately.

Im actually a lot more excited for the Spike undercard than the main card because i want to see how TUF winners Amir Sadollah and Efrain Escudero continue to progress in their UFC careers.
Totally agree, and Melvin Guillard should be on the Spike card at least.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just was on UFC.com and was wondering is any really pumped for Dong Hyun Kim vs Amir i think its gonna be a hell of a fight and it awesome that we get it free on Spike and watching the Press Conference is getting me even more pumped.I cant beleive I am actually pumped for the Weigh-Ins.Man what a great card is Lil Nog vs Forrest was still on it Bisping vs Miller just doesnt seem good for a Co Main

·
Registered
116 Posts
I cant wait to see the Rampage vs Evans fight. I'm betting all my credits on Rampage

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Just was on UFC.com and was wondering is any really pumped for Dong Hyun Kim vs Amir i think its gonna be a hell of a fight and it awesome that we get it free on Spike and watching the Press Conference is getting me even more pumped.I cant beleive I am actually pumped for the Weigh-Ins.Man what a great card is Lil Nog vs Forrest was still on it Bisping vs Miller just doesnt seem good for a Co Main
Going to be a huge test for Sadollah. We're going to find out if he can hang with the big fish now. My prediction is, probably not. Stun Gun by Judo toss and spider monkey back climbing technique.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Yeah i like this fight card, it took a major blow with the Forrest drop out... But still on my top 10 list of most waited for fight

1 - 20 of 25 Posts