Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
The biggest grudge match in history up to date was Koscheck vs Daley, both fighters truly hated each other and it only took them a few months to get it to that scale, I think Rampage and Rashad's grudge exists but nothing to the extent its hyped at, anyone who believes everything they see on countdowns and prime time is an idiot.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
I'd have to say yes: Rashad vs Rampage.
Because the UFC has tried to make this fight for so long now. The trashtalking is going on for over a year. Plus they were opposite coaches on TUFa and we all saw how much "they love each other".
And the trashtalking is still going.
I think the weigh in will be something like Rampage vs Wanderlei.
And the fight...like Goldberg would say it: "ooohh boy !"

·
Registered
750 Posts
Rampage - Evens. NEVER How long have you been watching the UFC.

They were taking the piss out of each other on TUF. Didn't see any hate there.
yeah it was more like bullying each other whenever they found a way to, it wasn't like they hated each other, they both think their better then the other that is all, its more of a rivalry then bad blood.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The only real feud mentioned in this thread was the Ortiz-Shamrock one, maybe the Lesnar one as well, but not really.

This is just Pre-fight hype and usual Rampage stuff.
So your saying there was no badblood between Josh and Daley? ahuh yeah right ...

·
Registered
257 Posts
In my humble opinion Shamrock and Ortiz was bigger because of how it got started and how long it lasted. Its probably still going on. HAHA. Tito was still pissed after both fights, wouldn't even let it go after he beat Shamrock down. Even Serra and Hughes acknowledged each other after their fight.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Sorry guys but if you think this is the biggest grudge match you aren't paying attention or having been watching for long this one feels so fake and fabricated.

Ortiz vs Shamrock 2 was the biggest grudge match in the history of the UFC. Perhaps even all of MMA (that's a tough one though).

So your saying there was no badblood between Josh and Daley? ahuh yeah right ...
No there was but no more then any other recent fights. Mir vs Lesnar could is bigger then that. It's easy to pick some fight that just happened last event or one that's next. I would even call Rampage v Rasshad bigger then Kos v Daley.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't think Rampage - Evans comes even close to Shamrock - Ortiz.
It's just constant squabble over who fought who and who got knocked out by whom.
-I'm better than you!
-No I'm better than you!
-But you lost to him! (I'm sooo better than you!)
-But you never fought any top guys! (I'm REALLY better than you!)
etc.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
there really isn't much substance to the Rashad vs Rampage rivalry, other than that they are both black boxer/wrestlers and in the lightheavyweight division. They really haven't focused on the Jardine loss and how that affected Rashad at all for awhile, which is what initially made this so heated.

pretty pumped for the fight though :) I love the luxury of being unbias in such a big fight.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
what about shamrock and don fry?....wait...i think that was pride...was it?

if it was, in UFC...probably shamrock vs ortiz

rashad and rampage dont like each other at all, but i dont think it gets to a really ''hate'' level like ''i hope u die''

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
War Rampage
First off this ^^^^.

Secondly the hatred between the 2 is as real as it gets. There is a youtube video out there where Rashad talks about how him and Rampage ended up at the same club in Vegas and Rampage and him almost got into a fight at the club. Rashad was kicked out of said club and talked a massive amount of shit about Rampage.

Is there hype involved in this? Sure there is but the hatred between toe 2 is real.

I cant wait for this fight to happen.

War Rampage! ............. but I think Rashad will take this by 3 rounds of LnP. I hate Greg Jackson.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Mate you've missed quite a few out, in UFC alone, Rampage and Rashad is big, but KOS and DALEY don't compare to these IMO:

Wanderlei vs Rampage
Marcus Davis vs Dan Hardy
TITO vs SHAMROCK
TITO vs CHUCK
ANDERSON SILVA vs LEE MURRAY (CAGE RAGE)
DON FRYE vs KEN SHAMROCK (PRIDE FC)

Ryan Gracie vs SHUNGO OYAMA (PRIDE FC) Check out arm break and celebration.

NOT TO FOGET ANY CHUTE BOXE vs BRAZILIAN TOP TEAM fight in PRIDE FC

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.