Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've dropped 75K on Franklin. I have to save the rest for the Lesnar fight. :p
This pays out on the 12th... plenty of time to get your money back to bet on lesnar/carwin....

I can't see franklin lose this fight frankly. He looked impressive in both the hendo and wand fights. He got smoked by belfort but i'm willing to bet chuck won't pull a vitor on him... all in on ace.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
8 mill on the Iceman, he looks to be in phenomenal shape.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
100,000 on the man that gets the most tail, of course im talking about my boy chuck "the iceman" liddell

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
100,000 on the man that gets the most tail, of course im talking about my boy chuck "the iceman" liddell

:thumbsup:
I am sure Franklin can roll in chicks to, hell if they aren't into the UFC he can always claim to be Jim Carrey.

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
Okay let's break this down. Rich is the more technical striker. Rich has looked good in his last few fights. Rich's best chance to win this is to outpoint Chuck, which we have seen people do before (Jardine). Chucks best chance is to knock him out. Chuck hasn't knocked anyone out in 4 years, and the person he did KO was Tito. Chuck has looked bad lately, losing 4/5 of his last fights and being knocked out 3/4 of those times.

Ya...rest of my point on Rich lol.

I am sure Franklin can roll in chicks to, hell if they aren't into the UFC he can always claim to be Jim Carrey.
lol true dat.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
a massive bet of 150 (50% of my stack thanks to Edgar and the dumbass judges from Li'l Nog's fight. :p) on Liddell! By far the juiciest odds on this card. It would be insane to not bet on this new beefy super Chuck with any odds above 1 against a guy that isn't really known for his KO power. :)

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
^^^ yup all in on chuck, he takes this by KO, and these odds are great. I entered this thread expecting to see Chuck the favorite.

·
Banned
670 Posts
Lke Chuck he is fighting a ready made matchup , he is an underdog, and he is fighting for both his career and legacy and he has trained hard. Once Joe Rogan says we have not seen that look for a long time it will be true for once and Liddel has had enough time to get his stuff together, and if goes to decision, don't cry Franklin fans cause you will be screwed.

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Settled for Franklin and the first round KO:

Round 1 - Both fighters paw their jabs. Franklin lands first with an inside leg kick and then ducks from punches. Franklin lands another kick, and Liddell lands one of his own. Franklin lands a left punch and blocks one. Liddell throws a low kick. Franklin clinches and tags Liddell with a couple punches on the break. Liddell, though, answers with a couple crisp body kicks. Franklin answers with a low kick as the fighters remain in the center of the cage. The fighters trade punches, and each connects. Liddell shoots and scores a takedown that's aided by Franklin's slip as he retreats. Liddell tries to pass guard, but Franklin uses an effective butterfly guard and quickly gets to his feet. The fighters clinch on the way up, and Liddell shows a big gash above his left eye that may have resulted from a headbutt. The fighters again trade low kicks as Liddell shows no effects from the cut besides a stream of blood. The fighters patiently circle, and Liddell lands a low kick. Franklin counters with a nice one-two combo before moving out of range. Franklin backs up Liddell with another low kick. Liddell answers and knocks Franklin off balance with a crisp low kick. Liddell thinks about moving in and eats a punch and opts to reset while Franklin gets his leg back. Franklin throws a soft body, checks a head kick, and pops Liddell with punches. Liddell moves in with punches with Franklin against the cage. Liddell chases with a lunging left, and Franklin ducks and pops him with a huge right to the chin that instantly knocks out Liddell. Liddell hits the mat, and Franklin initially pauses before dropping another shot. Liddell, though, is clearly out, and the fight is halted after a brutal knockout. Rich Franklin def. Chuck Liddell via KO (punch) - Round 1, 4:55.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts