Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

What did you think?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright everyone vote once per fight. And let us know what you thought of the fights.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It posts the thread while I am still making the poll.

I had to make this cause I was curious, I have seen alot of people complain about Rothwell/Yvel which I loved, and yet people seem more excited about CroCop/Barry which I was kinda indifferent about.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I hated the Rothwell/Yvel fight, They both gassed at the start of round 2. Not to mention that Rothwell was on top position 80% of the time and was throwing what looked like weak punches/elbows.

Yvel was on top for about 30 seconds and did more damage in that amount of time then Rothwell did in 12 minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I loved the Kammpman - Thiago fight . i'm on martin denish nuts for along time . and even i underrated him (or overrated thiago) he got excellent BJJ , very good stand-up and solid wrestling combained with iron chin and amazing heart . really can't wait to see him again against Alves/fitch winner i hope .

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
It definitely wasn't PPV worthy I'll tell you that much.

However, all the fights were good. I was pissed off at what happened in the Rory McDonald fight, 7 seconds...really? Cro Cop @ Barry was the best fight that night. The main event was sick just because Franklin broke his arm and kept going like a g and responded like a g, "what, it's a broken arm wtf...it's nothing"

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CC you supposed to pick one of the 3 options for each fight.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It definitely wasn't PPV worthy I'll tell you that much.

However, all the fights were good. I was pissed off at what happened in the Rory McDonald fight, 7 seconds...really? Cro Cop @ Barry was the best fight that night. The main event was sick just because Franklin broke his arm and kept going like a g and responded like a g, "what, it's a broken arm wtf...it's nothing"
DEFINITELY wasn't worth PPV worthy!?

I thought it was the best card in a long time, every single fight apart from that stupid early stoppage captivated me.

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
I loved Liddell vs Franklin. They're both great fighters, favorites of mine, and I rooted for them both (a little difficult to do, but I winged it!)

Cro Cop vs Barry didn't disapoint. Cro Cop's variety of kicks and really quick sub entranced a technique fan like me! and Barry has to have an iron chin! I don't know if it was the broken hand or Hero Worship that stopped Barry from trying to maul Cro Cop on those two knock downs. I hope its the former rather than the latter.

Condit vs MacDonald. Awesome on just about every level. Condit fought great. Nothing in the world is quite as awesome as a jumping straight snap to the face! MacDonald is umbelieveably good for such a young fighter. He has definitely got contender status in his future.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
-Franklin-Liddell was meh for me. great KO. I liked Franklin, but Chuck...sorry - it's time..that time.
-Loved CC-Barry - very entertaining
-Thiago-Kampmann was meh - didn't expect that from Kampmann, after his loss to Daley. Thiago was disspaointing for me. Akward situation imo, reguarding some recent results involving some fighters:
Kampmann beat Thiago
Thiago beat Kos
Kos beat Daley
Daley beat kampmann....strange MMA world :)
Rothwel-Yvel was meh. Low gas tank.
Condit-McDonald - loved it. Not the most exciting fight, but i liked it because i got to see a future champion - at 20 yrs old..McDonald is gonna be a name in the future and this loss will do good for him imo
And all hail Toxic forever

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alot of people are complaining a little to much about Rothwell and Yvel gassing, those two went 110% and had a very physical fight that would have gassed a good number of fighters, this wasn't two TUF fights who barely gave it for 2 rounds this was two guys who went as hard as they possibly could for 10 minutes and just had nothing left in the tank after. We have seen far worse gas jobs than this fight. Win or both guys left it all in the cage and gave every drop of effort they had left.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
DEFINITELY wasn't worth PPV worthy!?

I thought it was the best card in a long time, every single fight apart from that stupid early stoppage captivated me.
It didn't really change anything. Take a look at other events, we see titles on the line, fights for number 1 contender status etc. all of these fights really had nothing on the line to make them exciting that's why me, and my friends all felt this wasn't PPV worthy. No disrespect to the fighters, they put on one of the best shows I've seen in awhile, and I was surprised at how good the fights actually were considering I watched this card with very low expectations.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.