Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liddle/Franklin is the main evernt and Pat Barry/Cro-Crop is the 2nd main fight card on the card.

Both of those fights are meaningless in the respective divisions.

Otehrs fights are

Paulo Thiago vs Martin Kampmann
Evan Dunham vs Tyson Griffin
Carlos Condit vs Rory McDonald
Ben Rothwell vs Gilbert Yvel
Mac Danzig vs Matt Wiman
James Wilks vs Peter Sobotta
Mike Pyle vs Jesse Lennox
Claude Patrick vs Ricardo Funch

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Barry vs. CroCop has the potential to be a fun fight if you like a good kickboxing bout.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Liddle/Franklin is the main evernt and Pat Barry/Cro-Crop is the 2nd main fight card on the card. You get to see 3 legends... seems pretty awesome to me.

Otehrs fights are

Paulo Thiago vs Martin Kampmann Awesome fight.
Evan Dunham vs Tyson Griffin Awesome fight.
Carlos Condit vs Rory McDonald Awesome fight.
Ben Rothwell vs Gilbert Yvel Awesome fight.
Mac Danzig vs Matt Wiman Awesome fight.
James Wilks vs Peter Sobotta Meh.
Mike Pyle vs Jesse Lennox Meh.
Claude Patrick vs Ricardo Funch Meh.
Seems like lots of good fights to me.

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
It's filled with awesome fights... I get that there are no championships on the line, and that there are no real title implications, but they may as well call this UFC 115: Fireworks, because that's exactly what we're in for. I can almost guarantee, just by looking at the names involved, that 99% of MMA fans will walk away from this event with smiles on their faces. Not even close to terrible.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I find it funny that every time there is a card like this, one without huge names it always ends up being filled with great fights.

Yet look at last weekends event, two huge title matches, however both fights were anti climatic.

I find that its always these underrated cards that end up being the most entertaining.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I find it funny that every time there is a card like this, one without huge names it always ends up being filled with great fights.

Yet look at last weekends event, two huge title matches, however both fights were anti climatic.

I find that its always these underrated cards that end up being the most entertaining.
It is because when they aren't forced into making fights with title implications they can just match up guys who will have a good fight. I like this card a lot for the reasons stated lots of really nice matchups in styles that should make for exciting fights.

·
Registered
80 Posts
its definately not worth 50 dollars, i think rampage vs evans will be a good fight to see, lesnar and carwin as well. fedor vs werdum, cant wait! this sat. strike force is on, some GOOD fights on there. aoki , mousasi, king mo, dan henderson, gonna be fun man.

·
Homicidal Maniac
6,197 Posts
Liddle/Franklin is the main evernt and Pat Barry/Cro-Crop is the 2nd main fight card on the card.

Otehrs fights are

Mac Danzig vs Matt Wiman
In this post you seam like a person that only watches the superbowl and the rest of the season.

I watch mma to see great fights, not who looks more hansom with a gold accessory around their waste

this card has allot of potential great fights among it and I am more excited about this one then i was the last few cards, at least with this one my little sister cant tell me who is going to win every match

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts

Otehrs fights are

Mac Danzig vs Matt Wiman

So after CroCOP knocks out Barry with a vicious KO to the head, who do you think they will give him next?

·
Registered
60 Posts
The great thing about this card is that it doesn't have high expectations so its harder to be disappointed!

After the last few cards (with the exception of the UFC108:Everyones injured) most of the fights have been the pits.

Blame it on a huge majority of top fighters injured or just on the fact UFC 100 set the bar dangerously high and Machida-Rua kept it there :thumb02:

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
There's a difference between wanting to see good fights and wanting to see something worth paying 45 dollars for.

I can see any good fight at a local venue.

This card is not PPV quality, it's pathetic to say the least. Both main eventers are coming off loses, the co-main event is a joke with no implications. Thiago/Kampmann is the only fight on the main card that would main event an Ultimate Fight Night. This card is UFN material, mid-tier level fighters (and hell that includes the main event) except for Griffin, Thiago, and Kampmann.

·
Banned
525 Posts
Most of those fighter are fairly insignificant to any title picture. But alot of those fight will probably be alot of fun to watch. If you honestly believe that those fighters in those fights are gonna be terrible, then maybe you should actually try being a fight fan.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.