Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Event: UFC 115
Date: Saturday, Jun. 12, 2010, at 10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view (PPV)

Main Card: (Pay-per-view)

* Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
* Patrick Barry vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic
* Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago
* Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
* Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)

* Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
* Evan Dunham vs. Tyson Griffin

Undercard:

* David Loiseau vs. Mario Miranda
* Peter Sobotta vs. James Wilks
* Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick
* Jesse Lennox vs. Mike Pyle

·
Registered
933 Posts
My apologies for ragging on the UFC 115 card...(spoiler alert)

I said it would be crap, I said I wouldn't watch it, I said a lot of sh*t.

I watched it, it was great. Many times the UFC fight nights are better than the actual super hyped stacked cards. This was like a great fight night. Cheers to Cro Cop and I finally became a Franklin fan. I love Liddell, but as I said in many posts (and this is not a gloat) the guy needs to hang em up. He was competitive in the fight but I just don't need to see a legend go down like that anymore. Granted: his life, his choice. Dana should give him a huge retirement bonus and keep him around forever in some way in the UFC. We have all gotten (IMHO) our moneys worth out of Liddell, but "I" think it needs to end.

Cheers...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I said it would be crap, I said I wouldn't watch it, I said a lot of sh*t.

I watched it, it was great. Many times the UFC fight nights are better than the actual super hyped stacked cards. This was like a great fight night. Cheers to Cro Cop and I finally became a Franklin fan. I love Liddell, but as I said in many posts (and this is not a gloat) the guy needs to hang em up. He was competitive in the fight but I just don't need to see a legend go down like that anymore. Granted: his life, his choice. Dana should give him a huge retirement bonus and keep him around forever in some way in the UFC. We have all gotten (IMHO) our moneys worth out of Liddell, but "I" think it needs to end.

Cheers...
Don't worry no one really keeps up with all the threads on this sight because there two damn many.

I enjoyed the card, and your apoligy is not accepted.
We don't need fair weather **** like you.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
A few comments on ufc 115 (spoliers)

First of all i must what a great night for the ufc. Best card i have seen in a while.

First point is the Danzig fight, i think the term wtf is enough.

Also props to Dunham, great performance last night, i think hes working his way up the ranks now. Im guessing he may get someone like sherk next, depending on when he comes back.

Secondly i was very impressed with Kampann. Great game plan and he showed how well rounded he is. I think he will probably get the winner of the fitch alves fight, unless the winner of that fight wants to wait a bit to get a title shot in which case i think he will fight someone like stun gun.

Thirdly i have to comment on Ben Rothwell's chin, against cain i was impressed but last night was ridiculous. The shots he took in the second round were insane. Props to him.

Fourth point is on Crocop. After the first round i thought it was gonna be a long night for him however he came back out smiling and put on a great show. I think Barry needed to be more aggressive after knocking him down but i guess you live and you learn. Was smiling every time crocop threw one of those kicks (how i have missed them).

Last point i guess is the fact that we will never see Chuck fight again. He has had a great career and will go down as a legend but i think its time now. Very impressed with Franklin again, i heard he gets Griffin next which will be a great fight.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
It's funny. Every card that isn't super hyped turns out to be awesome. Every fight that is super hyped people don't like.

Don't get me wrong. I love seeing a great ground fight with all details and advanced maneuvers, but everyone loves seeing non stop action on the feet. Thats what this card delivered.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I will post the link as soon as i can find it, i remember reading somewhere that the winner of the liddel franklin fight would fight griffin next, ill try and find a link and edit it on this post when i do

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
What about Barry. I think that no one will stand with him anymore? I know that he was fighting a much more experienced fighter but to be submitted by Cro Cop...? I mean Cro Cop is awesome and I have mad respect for him back in the old days of fighting and maybe he will come back and prove my doubts wrong... but I mean at this level of UFC you have to have some sort of submission defence and I just see none of it from Barry.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Don't worry no one really keeps up with all the threads on this sight because there two damn many.

I enjoyed the card, and your apoligy is not accepted.
We don't need fair weather **** like you.
GEEEZE...I THINK YOU WANT TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET...LOL...give the guy some slack:thumb02::thumb02:

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Ya great night of fights. By far my faverite fight was Macdonald and Condit.
Yeah that was a barn burner. Kampmann/Thiago was great though and to be honest I loved the first two rounds of Yvel/Rothwell and thought it was the best HW fight in a long time.

·
Registered
769 Posts
First of all i must what a great night for the ufc. Best card i have seen in a while.

First point is the Danzig fight, i think the term wtf is enough.

Also props to Dunham, great performance last night, i think hes working his way up the ranks now. Im guessing he may get someone like sherk next, depending on when he comes back.

Secondly i was very impressed with Kampann. Great game plan and he showed how well rounded he is. I think he will probably get the winner of the fitch alves fight, unless the winner of that fight wants to wait a bit to get a title shot in which case i think he will fight someone like stun gun.

Thirdly i have to comment on Ben Rothwell's chin, against cain i was impressed but last night was ridiculous. The shots he took in the second round were insane. Props to him.

Fourth point is on Crocop. After the first round i thought it was gonna be a long night for him however he came back out smiling and put on a great show. I think Barry needed to be more aggressive after knocking him down but i guess you live and you learn. Was smiling every time crocop threw one of those kicks (how i have missed them).

Last point i guess is the fact that we will never see Chuck fight again. He has had a great career and will go down as a legend but i think its time now. Very impressed with Franklin again, i heard he gets Griffin next which will be a great fight.
Yeah man I agree with you on virtually everything. Funny story about last night, I was pretty drunk and was literally on the edge of my seat during the cro cop fight. As soon as he sunk in that RNC and Barry tapped, I picked up an empty can of beer and ripped it in half, slicing my finger pretty bad. The dramatic effect was well worth it.

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
Yeah that was a barn burner. Kampmann/Thiago was great though and to be honest I loved the first two rounds of Yvel/Rothwell and thought it was the best HW fight in a long time.
Kampmann vs. Thiago was tainted for me. I just felt like such a tool for buying into the Thiago hype. The entire fight I kept thinking "how did I not see this happening". I was happy to see Kampann get W, though, and his standup really looked fantastic. Very sharp and technical.

I'm actually about to rewatch Yvel vs. Rothwell, missed the first round due to drama.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I liked this card a lot. As much as I hated seeing Liddell go down, I still have a lot of love for Franklin. It was awesome to see Cro Cop get the win. I saw a lot of promise in MacDonald and I enjoyed the Thiago/Kampmann fight a lot. Rothwell/Yvel was a decent fight in my opinion. It was my least favorite on the card for sure though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.