Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fantastic vid mate..
I watched it during my morning coffee and cigarette and its got me even more pumped for this card.
Repped:thumbsup:

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I understood about a quarter of what he said. Werdum has better english speaking skills than this guy.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Has toney suffered some speaking issues from repeated blows to the head? Couldn't get half of that.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Thank you sir!:thumbsup:

I love to here the latest from "Lights out" or as he will soon be known - James "the pretzel" Toney.

Once I was able to decipher/translate it got me to wondering... I'm not up on boxing like I used to be, can anyone tell me who toney fought that was bigger than Lezner?

"look, everybody I fought in boxing is bigger than both of these guys" - the pretzel

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has toney suffered some speaking issues from repeated blows to the head? Couldn't get half of that.

TONEY WAS A SPEECH THERAPIST BEFORE HIS BOXING CAREER...:thumb02:

·
Registered
240 Posts
no one even in boxing cares about his upcoming fight. Heck most don't even really know about it. The ones that do know he will get murdered. He was one of the most talented fighters in the sport. He just had poor diet and training. But as a skilled practitioner of boxing; he was tops. At higher weights and out of shape; he still beats 90% out there....even at 41. He just can't beat the elite so he is trying to get into a new sport for some exposure.

Now if this was a prime Mike Tyson at 24 years old; I would be very intrigued. It would be more than a punchers chance because the punches came so fast; from so many different angles, people were too afraid to do anything but turtle up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM15MZOHDA8

Even a Pacquaio could come to MMA at 147 and give some 155lb guys some trouble. Styles makes fights and james toney just doesn't have the style to transition to MMA.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I wonder about that too. Does anyone have a link to an interview with him from early in his career? It's possible that he's always talked like that, but if not, I find it worrying.

Interesting that Lesnar has changed to southpaw for this fight. I didn't watch his sparring session so I knew nothing about it. Apparently he has no interest in standing with Carwin for a second longer than he has to, and that sounds like a smart strategy to me.

·
3,029 Posts
TONEY WAS A SPEECH THERAPIST BEFORE HIS BOXING CAREER...:thumb02:
You're joking!?

I wonder about that too. Does anyone have a link to an interview with him from early in his career? It's possible that he's always talked like that, but if not, I find it worrying.
Indeed, very worrying. His Brocoa's area must have taken a hell of a beating.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You're joking!?

Indeed, very worrying. His Brocoa's area must have taken a hell of a beating.
he was joking. Toney has boxed since he was 5. thats all he knows; hence why he doesn't even know the undercards. He doesn't care about MMA despite what he says, he is just keeping himself public. He isn't punchy because if anyone knew his fights, they would understand he doesn't take much punishment due to his very very good shoulder roll defensive style. Will this translate to MMA? NO. He speaks the way he does because he is ignorant of the sport and Kronk born and raised out of Detroit. Just slang. I boxed there and the dude is tough and mean as hell..

I actually liked the part of the interview where the interviewer tried to spin his watch and he said "that's for kids."-That wasn't very "punch drunk."

·
3,029 Posts
he was joking. Toney has boxed since he was 5. thats all he knows; hence why he doesn't even know the undercards. He doesn't care about MMA despite what he says, he is just keeping himself public. He isn't punchy because if anyone knew his fights, they would understand he doesn't take much punishment due to his very very good shoulder roll defensive style. Will this translate to MMA? NO. He speaks the way he does because he is ignorant of the sport and Kronk born and raised out of Detroit. Just slang. I boxed there and the dude is tough and mean as hell..

I actually liked the part of the interview where the interviewer tried to spin his watch and he said "that's for kids."-That wasn't very "punch drunk."
Aha, understood.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Thank you sir!:thumbsup:

I love to here the latest from "Lights out" or as he will soon be known - James "the pretzel" Toney.

Once I was able to decipher/translate it got me to wondering... I'm not up on boxing like I used to be, can anyone tell me who toney fought that was bigger than Lezner?

"look, everybody I fought in boxing is bigger than both of these guys" - the pretzel
I watched a lot of his fights and I do not remember someone as big as lesnar. I think a couple were as tall as him... but height and the size of Carwin/Lesnar are completely different things.

On a side note I would find it hillarious if they ever did put on a Brock Toney fight and see Toney sh*t himself when they call the fight to start and Lesnar Rhino charges Toney.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts

Interesting that Lesnar has changed to southpaw for this fight. I didn't watch his sparring session so I knew nothing about it. Apparently he has no interest in standing with Carwin for a second longer than he has to, and that sounds like a smart strategy to me.
he's had like 80 + fights so take a guess

·
Registered
12 Posts
Toney is going down as one of the greatest fighters ever. To be able to start at 160 and go all the way to heavy and beat top heavyweights, its unique and incredible. I can say this Toney has one of the best chins ever and I can say this with certainty no one in UFC hits harder than most of the boxers Toney has fought, not Carwin, no one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.