Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out with Kimbo Slice, in with Seth Petruzelli. It's strange how certain people always seem to be connected in one way or another.

Just a couple weeks after Kimbo's release from the UFC following his UFC 113 defeat at the hands of Matt Mitrione, the man who (sorta) shocked the world by handing the Bahamian brawler his first ever professional MMA loss in just 14 seconds, Seth Petruzelli, has re-signed with the world's leading mixed martial arts promotion and will be facing UFC newcomer Ricardo Romero at UFC 116 from Las Vegas, Nevada on July 3.

"The Silverback" posted the good news just minutes ago on his Facebook page.

Petruzelli, a competitor on season two of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), has won four consecutive fights since being cut from the UFC after his loss to Wilson Gouveia at UFC Fight Night 9 back in 2007.

Seth's opponent for his return bout in the Octagon is Ricardo Romero, who will be making his UFC debut at the tender age of 32.

The New Jersey native has compiled a 10-1 record during the course of his three-year career, where he has spent his entire time with the Ring of Combat promotion. He holds a notable win over The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 10 contestant James McSweeney.

Romero will be carrying a five-fight win streak into the fight with Petruzelli, and his only loss came via a disqualification due to an illegal soccer kick.
Link?

"The Silverback" is going to have his work cut out for him from the get-go if he wants his second go-around with the UFC to last longer than the first.

Absoulely massive news! Ive been waiting for this fella to return ! Hes going to a force in the UFC!

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
I remember watching his fight against Kimbo in EliteXC laughing at the perfect example of a street brawler vs an MMA fighter. A single thrust kick to hold him at range, then BAM! straight right to the face. A beautiful strike and solid technique.

I don't pretend to be an expert, but I'll watch his fight now, and assuming he wins it, his next fights with serious curiousity.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Yeah its gonna be a great fight Romero submitted Mcsweeney in the UK!
That isn't a highlight, McSweeney is a can and has a terrible ground game. Don't be fooled by him being on TUF, beating a couple of nobodies and now being in the UFC.

He's got ok standup but would get lit up by any decent striker and certainly by anyone with a ground game. He wont be around for long.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Didn't really agree with Seth being cut so easily anyway, so nice to see him coming back after a long journey outside the organization. Sure he has beaten bunch of cans, but losses against Hammil and Gouveia ages ago isn't that big deal either.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
I actually emailed Joe Silva a couple of months ago and told him the fans wanted to see Seth back in action. Not that it had anything to do with it, but still :) War Silverback!

·
Registered
703 Posts
That isn't a highlight, McSweeney is a can and has a terrible ground game. Don't be fooled by him being on TUF, beating a couple of nobodies and now being in the UFC.

He's got ok standup but would get lit up by any decent striker and certainly by anyone with a ground game. He wont be around for long.
I consider Constantinos Phillipou to be the more quality win on his resume anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.