Friday night at 7 pm (that's EDT)
LinkFor the first time since 2007, Spike TV will air a live broadcast of the UFC's weigh-ins.
The UFC's longtime cable partner will air Friday's official UFC 116 fighter weigh-ins beginning at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT).
Spike TV officials today announced the plans while also confirming a recent MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) report that a light-heavyweight fight between Seth Petruzelli and Ricardo Romero has been promoted to Saturday's "UFC Prelims" special.
UFC 116 takes place Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The night's main card airs on pay-per-view, but Spike TV broadcasts a live two-fight "UFC Prelims" special prior to the PPV broadcast.
Initially, the one-hour special was slated to feature heavyweights Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer and middleweights Kendall Grove vs. Goran Reljic. But as MMAjunkie.com first reported, Grove recently made disparaging comments about Spike TV and their involvement in "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series, and as a result, he lost his spot on the night's Spike TV broadcast.
Other preliminary-card bouts could make the "UFC Prelims" broadcast if time permits.
Saturday's weigh-ins feature all 22 event competitors, including headliners Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin, as well as co-headliners Yoshihiro Akiyama and Chris Leben.
The latest UFC 116 card now includes:
* Champ Brock Lesnar vs. interim champ Shane Carwin (heavyweight title-unification bout)
* Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Chris Leben
* Matt Brown vs. Chris Lytle
* Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
* Kurt Pellegrino vs. George Sotiropoulos
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
* Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer
* Seth Petruzelli vs. Ricardo Romero
PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-aired)
* Kendall Grove vs. Goran Reljic
* Dave Branch vs. Gerald Harris
* Forrest Petz vs. Daniel Roberts
* Jon Madsen vs. Karlos Vemola