Hendricks
Struve
Hazelett
Sliva
Fitch
Almeida
Dos Anojos
JDS

£50 = £1452 return all i need is alves to completely weight drain himself.

·
'England Elite'
5,028 Posts
Not bad, i will have a few bets but wont put them on until tomorrow.

I actually think Struve might lose tomorrow, and im gonna have to pick Guida over Dos Anojos

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Sorry for been so far off topic, but I just been looking up about Struve's opponent, and now I really hope they show this fight, as far as betting goes I would say well clear of betting on the outcome of this one, or maybe take an outside bet on Morecraft if the bookies are giving good against odds due to lack of info on him like no Wiki page and first time in UFC, but check this out there is a page about him on sherdog

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Christian-Morecraft-34376

The guy is huge according to the UFC site he is only 23 years old, according to Sherdog he is 6'8 and 260lb and holds a 6-0, wow I hope Sherdog is right about his size and stats and that the UFC website is right about his age because that is one huge young fighter the UFC has found if this all be right, I know Sturve is taller but this guy does not fall as short as most would against him and Morecraft has more weight so this could truly be a battle of giants, will point out that the UFC does contradict about his hight, they have him down as 6'0 but confirm 260lb, but at 260lb and only 23 you have to suspect sherdog is right and he is in fact 6'8.

I really hope they show this fight, I like watching Sturve fight anyway and this could be a real giant show down.

Another impressive fact about Morecraft is that nobody according to sherdog has even survived a single round with him, and equal number of submission victories to KO/TKOs 3/3, the stats are looking very good for this guy been a good all-rounder, the Sub wins are making me think does he has really good Jujitsu or are his opponents tapping out to strikes, the KO/TKO's speak for themselves I guess he must have at least decent GnP and/or striking ability, but a guy that size with good Jujitsu on top of that and still so young could be a real contender.

Update: I just checked out the website of the academy where Morecroft trains

http://www.capecodfighting.com/index.php

there are some pics of who I think must be him on the intro vid where they proudly announce about their guy fighting at UFC 117, and he does look taller than 6'0 so I think sherdog could be right with there stat of 6'8

Sorry to give you cause to worry about your bet dude, but the more I look into it betting against Morecroft is starting to look like a really bad idea.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Silva is around -500, but he obviously found a site that allows to bet 'inside the distance' which eliminates the possibility of a dancing 5 round decision.

Although, I'm surprised that would cut the odds that significantly.

Therefore, making this a very good play in my eyes. I don't like paying that much juice on any sport, but I personally cannot see Silva not knocking this guy out in the first 2 rounds at the most. There's always the sub possibility, also.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Right, it's very unlikely this title fight goes 5.

I haven't seen the lines for inside the distance but -220 almost looks too good to be true.
Yeah, I agree. I haven't seen it, either but I haven't actively been looking either.

I made a small play on Roy straight up because +273 odds are just too good to not take a flyer out on him with.

I don't think he'll win, but that's why I make value bets. The possibility is enough for me to put a little something down. Much like I did with Gomi and Stann on the versus card. I legitimately thought they'd both win; though.

Some people obviously think Chael has a better chance than Roy does in their respective fights, but I heavily disagree.

The site (with the best odds) that I use for gambling doesn't allow MMA parlays.

I do use a site that does, but like I said the odds are so much worse that I feel pickpocketed doing it, haha.

Edit: And I took Roy too early. Obviously people saw the height/reach advantage that JDS has after that press conference. Roy is up to +314.
Ouch. I obviously should have waited.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
I got:

Saunders
Hazelett
Davis
Boetsch
Fitch
Almeida
Silva

Stake: £10
Potential Win: £128.50

JDS
Davis
Alves
Boetsch
Sonnen

Stake: £10
Potential Win: £132.59

Nelson
Morecraft
Hughes
Alves
Sonnen

Stake: £2
Potential Winnings: £228.75

I'm not too keen on Struve tbh think he might get a beating tomorrow night. Also keeping well away from Dos Anjos/Guida!!

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Thanks bud... but I've learned far too many times never to count my winnings ahead of time ;)

Still considering a hedge using a Sonnen prop also... my gut says Silva via homicide though, so may just stick with Silva inside the distance.
You're right. I've been so certain of bets in the past, only to take a bath.

When my brother wanted me to spot him a few hundred to increase his parlay of AS and Penn at UFC 112 because it wasn't gambling, it was a 'sure thing' I told him that such a thing didn't and would never exist. I'm glad he only lost what he did and not hundreds more :p

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
Well, Ladborkes where i play poker every now and then has some UFC betting on, but only the main card, but i thought i'd lay down a few cheeky bets. . .

Nelson
Almeida
Silva

Bet: £4
Win £29.85

Nelson
Hughes

Bet: £2
Win: £20.40

JDS
Guida
Fitch
Almeida

Bet: £2
Win: £15.30

Not alot going on, but only want to play small stakes for my first tipple

EDIT: Ok so i changed my way of thinking. I figured if i'm gonna bet i may aswell stand to make something worthwhile, so i found a different site and made these:

Struve
Almeida
Fitch
Silva
Davis
Hendricks
Hazelett
Saunders

Bet: £5
Win: £91.51

Almeida
Fitch (points)
Guida (points)

Win: £59.42

Morecraft
Silva
JDS
Guida (points)
Almeida
Davis
Hendricks

Win: £111.41

Alves
Sonnen
Nelson

(aka UFC 117: Upset)

Bet: £5 (free bet)
Win: £128.33

Dunno what i was doing with the math of it all, or whether so many accumulators etc is a good idea, but it'll sure make the event more interesting!

·
'England Elite'
5,028 Posts
Thats what i do mate, have three or four accumlators, gets very frustrating when one of your picks looks like losing tho!

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
Paddypower has a great bet IMO.

Anderson Silva by Submission @ 4/1 (5.0).
Yeah i noticed that. Its who i made my later bets with. Didnt want to hazard a bet on a submission win for Silva, cos he might just whoop Sonnen on the feet and never get taken down! Really not sure how that ones going to play out. I think Guida via decision is a pretty sureshot. Hmmm, maybe i shouldnt say that, i might eat my words!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts