Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just looking at UFC117 fight card on official UFC website. They have Fitch-Alves as second fight or as they say co-main event.

THEN Guida- Dos Anjos
Hard to believe when two great fights

Hughes(massive name and fan favouite)-Almedia(will make this a great fight and probably win)

Nelson(love him or loathe him,gaurentees a great fight and TUF winner) - Dos Santos (possibly after Valasquez the next big thing)

Fitch-BORING no fan base and Guida great guy (I like him) but gate keeper only.

Discuss please

·
Registered
750 Posts
Don't watch it then as they say if it's not worth your time, in my opinion 117 is one of the best cards this year it's got Anderson Silva, JDS, Thiago Silva, Thiago Alves anyone of these guys means I buy it.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Its a good card but Fitch/Alves is highly anticipated while Hughes/Almedia isn't that relevant to the WW division title hunt and Nelson/JDS just seems thrown together but should be a great way to start the card.

Fitch/Alves could arguably decide who the #2 WW in the world is so I think that gives them the spot.

·
'Man of Stone'
430 Posts
Don't watch it then as they say if it's not worth your time, in my opinion 117 is one of the best cards this year it's got Anderson Silva, JDS, Thiago Silva, Thiago Alves anyone of these guys means I buy it.
I most likely won't watch it... It has the two Silva's that suck hardcore compared to Wanderlei!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi,

Just looking at UFC117 fight card on official UFC website. They have Fitch-Alves as second fight or as they say co-main event.

THEN Guida- Dos Anjos
Hard to believe when two great fights

Hughes(massive name and fan favouite)-Almedia(will make this a great fight and probably win)

Nelson(love him or loathe him,gaurentees a great fight and TUF winner) - Dos Santos (possibly after Valasquez the next big thing)

Fitch-BORING no fan base and Guida great guy (I like him) but gate keeper only.

Discuss please
Why are you complaining this is polly the best card since 100

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
Because Fitch is fighting for title contention. Guida is also a very popular fighter, and this also can pull off the "massive underdog" factor for Dos Anjos, which will actually make him a favorite if they hype it up enough.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.