Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks for posting, I'm really excited about this fight I honestly think this one could go either way. Like Ariel Helwani said Sonnen isn't trying to beat Anderson at his own game, he wants to beat him at his game. For instance when Forrest was fighting Anderson I really thought he would have a shot if he took him down and went for a sub. But when it came time to fight Forrest played right into Anderson's game and we all saw what happened. The only guy who didn't play into Anderson's game was Dan Henderson and that was the only time we every saw Anderson in any kind of trouble. Now Dan got sub'd in the second but if Chael can take him down like Dan did which I believe he can he has a real shot if he can avoid the submissions.

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts

Bones is the only one got it straight. The rest are delusional. In my most correct and true opinion that is.

WOW WOW WOW.....Where are all your credits Soojooko? lol musta went all out on this......I want Cheal to win but I just dont see it happening....but hey crazier things have happened...*Cough* Fedor *Cough*

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW WOW WOW.....Where are all your credits Soojooko? lol musta went all out on this......I want Cheal to win but I just dont see it happening....but hey crazier things have happened...*Cough* Fedor *Cough*
Hehe! I tend to spend all my credits on a single underdog at every event. This time I've put all 175 on Nelson.

The highest I ever got to was about 20k. All good fun. :)

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
I'm one of the lowly bastards that is also taking chael sonnen to win this fight.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's so ridiculous, too just say the basiclly sonnen's wrestling beats silva's all around game. didn't work henderson, didn't work for lutter (who was more bjj) apparently, but basically people who've gotten him on the ground haven't had much sucess there. Silva all the way.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
It's so ridiculous, too just say the basiclly sonnen's wrestling beats silva's all around game. didn't work henderson, didn't work for lutter (who was more bjj) apparently, but basically people who've gotten him on the ground haven't had much sucess there. Silva all the way.
It actually worked great for henderson and lutter. Henderson lost because he decided to strike with anderson, and lutter lost because he came in out of shape and had no cardio. If lutter had great cardio in his fight against anderson, he probably would have beaten him.

Reactions: TraMaI

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
I think the only reason that people/pundits are fancying Chael a little bit is because wrestlers are a little more aggresive then typical BJJ fighters.Take down's are their business, but when you're a BJJ guy you have to go for the clinch and pull guard if your take downs are weak. No sane person wants to clinch with Silva [see: Rich Franklin]. I realise Dan Henderson is a world class wrestler too though, which is why I still fancy Silva. And I can't stand Chael Sonnen, he brings that WWE bravado that shouldn't have a place in a professional sport.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
I think the reason people are picking Chael is because Chael is a better wrestling version of Henderson and Henderson was beating him for a round until he decided to go full retard and strike with Silva.

Lutter was the same way aside from he had NO cardio.

What are Chael's strengths?
- His Cardio
- His Pace
- His Vicious and Unrelenting GnP
- His Olympic Caliber Wrestling
- His Chin being solid enough to get those takedowns

So he does everything that Dan Henderson and Travis Lutter did while they were winning, but he does it BETTER.

Sonnen via TKO, 4th.

:O

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Yea I don't really see how Sonnen could lose the first 3 Rounds!

But then in the fourth, when Sonnen thinks Anderson can't breath anymore.. then Silva is going for the sub from his back or puts him away standing.

Silva's favour here is that his Cardio get's probably overshadowed and that every Round is back on there feet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sonnen via TKO, 4th.

:O
He has not finished a fight since 2007 and you really think he will finish Silva? Also take a look at Nates face at the end of there fight, pretty much 15 mins of Sonnen GnP and hardly a scratch. Sonnens face looked 10x worst from the 2 mins of stand up in that fight and taking elbows from the bottom.

Reactions: TraMaI

·
Registered
169 Posts
It actually worked great for henderson and lutter. Henderson lost because he decided to strike with anderson, and lutter lost because he came in out of shape and had no cardio. If lutter had great cardio in his fight against anderson, he probably would have beaten him.
So lutter being a lazy fighter is an excuse? Also henderson lost on the ground, so it didn't work "great" enough.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
He has not finished a fight since 2007 and you really think he will finish Silva? Also take a look at Nates face at the end of there fight, pretty much 15 mins of Sonnen GnP and hardly a scratch. Sonnens face looked 10x worst from the 2 mins of stand up in that fight and taking elbows from the bottom.
Should be interesting...Silva loves to elbow from the bottom.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
So lutter being a lazy fighter is an excuse? Also henderson lost on the ground, so it didn't work "great" enough.
Henderson lost the fight on the ground after he got rocked standing and Silva immediately took his back. Far, far different than the first round when Hendo was on top controlling him.
I realize this, it's a gut feeling.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
Not lazy, just gassed. Lutter probably would have subbed anderson if he just had the energy. Yea henderson ended up on the ground after trying to stand with anderson after eating shots and knees.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts