Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
in case anyone was wondering about the suspensions:

Ben Saunders; 45 day suspension, 30 days no contact; hard fight

Dennis Hallman; 60 day suspension or cleared by physician; 60 days no contact; cut under left eye

Stefan Struve; 60 day suspension or cleared by physician; 60 days no contat; cut to lower lip

Christian Morecraft; indefinite, must clear CT head scan; 180 days no contact

Christian Morecraft; 45 day suspension minimium; 30 days no contact minimum; for TKO loss

Tim Boetsch; 180 day suspension or cleared by physician; 180 days no contact; right thumb fracture

Tim Boetsch; 60 day suspension or cleared by physician; 60 days no contact; left eyelid laceration

Todd Brown; 60 day suspension or cleared by physician; 60 days no contact; cut to lip

Charlie Brenneman; 45 day suspenion or cleared by physician, 45 days no contact; TKO loss

Phil Davis; 180 day suspension or cleared by physician; 180 days no contact; 5th right metatarsal fracture

Dustin Hazelett; 45 day suspension; 30 days no contact; TKO loss

Roy Nelson; 45 day suspension; 30 days no contact; hard fight

Junior dos Santos; 60 day suspension or cleared by physician; 60 days no contact; right cheek cut

Ricardo Almeida; 45 day suspension, 30 days no contact; loss of consciousness

Rafael dos Anjos; 180 days or cleared by physician; 180 days no contact; possible jaw fracture

Rafael dos Anjos; indefinite; must clear CT scan of head/jaw to rule out fracture

Anderson Silva; 180 day suspension; must be cleared by physician and x-ray; rib fracture

Anderson Silva; indefinete; must clear neurologoical and CT head scan

Chael Sonnen; 60 day suspension or cleared by physician, 60 days no contact; facial lacerations

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/256420/UFC-117-suspensions/ -- sorry, forgot the source^^

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Guess Silva wasn't making excuses. Damn, wonder what the fight would've been like if he fought chael without a rib injury.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Guess Silva wasn't making excuses. Damn, wonder what the fight would've been like if he fought chael without a rib injury.
Is it sure that it wasn't Chael who broke Silva's rib? I'm not saying I don't believe Anderson saying that he was hurt beforehand... wait... that's exactly what I'm implying. Forget that.

And how awesome is it that JDS got a longer suspension than Nelson? I'm not exactly sure why Silva has to have a CT head scan and Nelson doesn't, but it's kinda awesome he got out of that beating without a long suspension.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
45 or 60 days is a long layoff. I dont think fighters wont spar that long.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Is it sure that it wasn't Chael who broke Silva's rib? I'm not saying I don't believe Anderson saying that he was hurt beforehand... wait... that's exactly what I'm implying. Forget that.

And how awesome is it that JDS got a longer suspension than Nelson? I'm not exactly sure why Silva has to have a CT head scan and Nelson doesn't, but it's kinda awesome he got out of that beating without a long suspension.
To be honest, I don't think it really matters if the injury started off as a previous condition or not... to have to fight under those circumstances sucks!

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts

Helloooo, new Iron Head!

·
Registered
963 Posts
not sure if i think anderson was hurt prior to or during the fight but either way that says even less about chaels ability to finish a fight

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Anderson Silva; indefinete; must clear neurologoical and CT head scan
I dont know what you guys are seeing but this to me means that Chael hurt Silva alot more then most of you like to believe.

Also it proves that Chael didnt really take the amount of DMG most of you like to believe.

:thumbsup:

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I dont know what you guys are seeing but this to me means that Chael hurt Silva alot more then most of you like to believe.

Also it proves that Chael didnt really take the amount of DMG most of you like to believe.

:thumbsup:
Not really he could be well enough to pass that in a week it doesn't mean anything.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Not really he could be well enough to pass that in a week it doesn't mean anything.
He could... but he still hasnt. We need to go by the Info we have. Also i dont see a "cracked rib" in the injury list anywhere. I dont know too much about how these Docs write down their injury list so i wont go too much about that BUT if someone wants to explain that id appreciate it. :thumbsup:

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
He could... but he still hasnt. We need to go by the Info we have. Also i dont see a "cracked rib" in the injury list anywhere. I dont know too much about how these Docs write down their injury list so i wont go too much about that BUT if someone wants to explain that id appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Anderson Silva; 180 day suspension; must be cleared by physician and x-ray; rib fracture

L2Read

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.