Clay Guida vs Rafael Dos Anjos
Matt Hughes vs Ricardo Almeida
Roy Nelson vs Junior Dos Santos

Anyone else noticed this ?

***edit changed font to green

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I didn't notice this at all actually. It is quite interesting.

Oh and that yellow font is extremely hard to read. I had to highlight it to see what it said. Just a friendly heads up.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
wow, i hadnt really noticed that....haha interesting...im brazilian so this is even cooler to me hehe

ive heard rumors that dana was thinking of bringing the UFC here next year, maybe hes testing the waters with a card like this? to see how well the brazilians do?

though im not really those patriot guys, i dont really care if the fighters are brazilian, american, japanese, i like them based on skill and personality, i have cheered against many brazilian fighters in the past some just suck man, why would i cheer for them? just because they are from brazil? its such a silly view, same as rooting for the hometown team...i also dont get this:confused02:....but whatever.

even though i said i wasnt big on cheering for brazilian guys just cuz im brazilian, on this card, i gotta say im rooting for brazil haha

all of the american fighters i really dont care for...except big country, i think he's awesome and actually has a much bigger chance of winning than ppl are giving him

but come on, JDS is sick...u cant NOT cheer for him

fitch is boring, i think alves has the potential to dominate WW, such sick stand up, well i think he's too small, he should consider losing all that muscle and trying LW, be like a jose aldo LW

i actually like guida, but i dont want him to win cuz i know he cant be a real contender anyway

hughes is a jacka$$...though so is almeida sometimes...i really dont care for either of them

and sonnen is another jacka$$...at first he was being funny but man im tired of hearing him talk BS even he doesnt believe, anderson will murder him!

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
I actually noticed this a few days ago as I was running through various UFC-cards on Wiki... Didn't take any further action though... But it's kinda funny :)

It's only the main card that's like this though, if I remember correctly :)

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
I'll be pulling for Guida, and the Brazilians :D

Wouldn't mind Roy winning, but want JDS to live up to his hype.

Matt Hughes and Chael I can't stand.

Like fitch but Love Alves. Sucks to see either lose.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Chael Sonnen vs Anderson Silva
Jon Fitch vs Thiago Alves
Clay Guida vs Rafael Dos Anjos
Matt Hughes vs Ricardo Almeida
Roy Nelson vs Junior Dos Santos
bolded the guys I'm rooting for. the other fights I don't care who wins because the fights are awesome and I am just excited to see them. :thumbsup:

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
bolded the guys I'm rooting for. the other fights I don't care who wins because the fights are awesome and I am just excited to see them. :thumbsup:
I am the same way. I am pulling for Silva, Guida, and Almeida. As for the Fitch/Alves fight, I am a very big fan of both fighters, so I can't really decide, I am just pumped to see it. I would love to see JDS win and move on, but I would also enjoy the surprise of everyone if Nelson pulls it off.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Wow that is neat, I think they shuda just went with it even down to the prelims, and promoted the card as such just like they did ufc 58 usa vs canada. Even though dana white dosnt like teams or anything, it would create a great atmosphere.

I am routing for every brazilian on the card, just because i like each individual brazian fighter better, with the exeption of clay guida.
Also is it me or does every brazilian heavyweight seem super nice?

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Yes which also plays into the rumor that the next TUF after GSP/KOS will be a Brazil v USA series.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Yes which also plays into the rumor that the next TUF after GSP/KOS will be a Brazil v USA series.
You know Nefil, that could be very possible. And do you know who could participate in there on the Brazilian side??

No less a figure then Chinzo Machida :)

if of course, they do one for the Lightweights!

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
I actually noticed this a few days ago as I was running through various UFC-cards on Wiki... Didn't take any further action though... But it's kinda funny :)

It's only the main card that's like this though, if I remember correctly :)
Haha me too!

But yeah, I'm rooting for: Chael, Fitch, Guida, Almeida, Big Country (although JDS will destroy him).

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I got Brazil winning this 3-2 (Nelson and Sonnen being the winning americans), but lets see how it goes. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts