Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a sign up thread for the Championship Pick 'em League. If you want in, the next huge PPV event takes place in less than two weeks, Saturday August 28th at appr. 7 PM EDT, Show is headlined by Frankie Edgar's first defense, coming against the former champ BJ Penn in Boston, Mass. at the TD Garden.

Any paid member can sign up, it does not matter if they have played before or not. If our champ comes back, or the interim champ signs up this will be on the line...

The scheduled fights include:

Frankie Edgar vs. B.J. Penn
Randy Couture vs. James Toney
Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard
Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda
Marcus Davis vs. Nate Diaz
Joe Lauzon vs. Gabe Ruediger
Nik Lentz vs. Andre Winner
Dan Miller vs. John Salter
Nick Osipczak vs. Greg Soto
Amilcar Alves vs. Mike Pierce

You can send picks whenever confident with the fights. But, if the official UFC fight card does not change (Link), your picks can only be sent one time. If someone signs up and fails to send their picks, they get an automatic loss in the results and won't be cleared to fight at the next event. The deadline is when the preliminary fights begin, approximately 7 PM EDT in the US, which is 11 PM GMT.

On how to pick fights, lots of helpful info found on Walker's rules/help thread found here: Link.

Select the correct fighter: 10 points
Select the correct method of win: 5 points
Method includes Submission, KO/TKO and Decision.
Select the correct round of win: 3 points
If you select the fight to end by decision then you must choose either unanimous, split or majority instead of a round.

In addition you can earn bonus points for EACH fight by putting the fights in order from your most confident pick to your least confident when you PM them. If there are 10 fights on the card then your most confident pick could earn you an extra 10 points if you get it correct.

Main Event Results on pg. 9

SigFig (6-1) vs BobbyCooper (6-2)

Main Card

Toxic (6-2) vs Spoken (5-3)
sillywillybubba (5-2) vs Machida Karate (5-3)
Walker (4-3-1) vs hixxy (4-4)
Guymay (3-1) vs KryOnicle (3-4)
Ruckus (4-4) vs Bknmax (3-1)

Undercard

TheGrizzlyBear (3-5) vs Thelegend (2-3)
attention (2-6) vs dudeabides (3-5)
mroutdoorsman (1-2) vs HitOrGetHit (2-6)
murrayjb (0-1) vs Killstarz (0-5)
hkado (1-2) vs matin_32 (5-3)

Members signed up:

Walker
matin_32
hkado
SigFig
murrayjb
Inkdot
attention
Machida Karate
mroutdoorsman
sillywillybubba
Thelegend
Killstarz
TheGrizzlyBear
Guymay
BobbyCooper
hixxy
Toxic
KryOnicle
HitOrGetHit
Bknmax
Spoken
Ruckus
dudeabides

Thanks for signing up everybody, picks due August 28th at 7 pm Eastern.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
I'm in,and i need someone with a positive ratio this time :smoke01::smoke01:

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
I'm in! Anyone fancy a scrap? :D

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I am looking for a mr. Bobby Cooper hoping he won't prove to be the coward I already know he is and that maybe there is a chance he will man up and face me. Either way though I am on and taking on all comers. Somebody is getting a beatdown.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
I'll work my way up to my rematch with you eventually Toxic! That fight was close!

·
'England Elite'
5,028 Posts
Im in, on a 3 fight win streak looking for a top 10 fighter to beat to continue the streak

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
I will compete again and take my belt this time home with me! :thumbsup:

Ok dudeabides, if SigFig signs up and DP doesn't.. then I fight SigFig for the belt.

If Sigfig doesn't sign up, then I will give Toxic his chance for the number one spot!
But it's my time now bud ;) take a look back at the rankings if you wish^^

This belt means everything for me!!!

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't worry I remember, I'm still always hoping we get that champ vs interim champ matchup and we can get rid of the extra belt, but I remember he said last event he would fight you at 118 if you won at 117. Sorry for the run-on, but what has grammar done for me lately?

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
You're a bit ahead of me in the rankings, and a much better record... but how about battle of the BJ fans at the event where BJ WILL get HIS belt back? :D

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
If Guymay wants a higher ranked opponenet I'll fight you bud! :D

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Hahaha! he won't :D But if he does, I'll give him nothing but props. Beating BJ twice in a row at Lighweight would be a spectacular feat. I like Edgar, and even though I scored the first fight for BJ as did alot of others (I'm not so blind to say my BJ biasty may play a part in it, the fight was close), I gave Edgar alot of respect then as well.

I'll be truely truely gutted if BJ doesn't win this, but I won't be an asshat about it.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
Hahaha! he won't :D But if he does, I'll give him nothing but props. Beating BJ twice in a row at Lighweight would be a spectacular feat. I like Edgar, and even though I scored the first fight for BJ as did alot of others (I'm not so blind to say my BJ biasty may play a part in it, the fight was close), I gave Edgar alot of respect then as well.

I'll be truely truely gutted if BJ doesn't win this, but I won't be an asshat about it.
Haha I think Edgar can pull it off again. Penn clearly had problems with Edgar's speed and I think that Edgar can do it again. Although I am not a Penn fan, I am looking forward to seeing a motivated Penn fight again.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts