Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Toney will probably get about 40 seconds each round to try to knock Randy out before he gets taken down and beaten on for the rest of each round. Toney has a punchers chance and thats literally it.

Randy Couture UD 30-26 across the board.

EDIT:.. did not realize this was the betting thread lol.. very sorry.

·
FITPLUS Muay Thai
1,045 Posts
Really tempting to put a lot of Credits on Toney......thats quite the payout. I think Randy will win......but something in my gut thinks that Toney isnt as oblivious to MMA as he makes himself out to be...

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
400 on Toney.

Couture hasn't finished someone in the first round, in years. I think Toney will be able to absorb Couture's GNP, Anderson Silva style, and hang in there if he's taken down. Toney played football, its possible he could have decent TD defense, not unlike those football guys from the TUF with Kimbo in it.

Toney may not be known for his KO power, but neither is Ray Mercer. Couture took Tim Sylvia to a decision, Ray Mercer KO'ed Tim Sylvia in 10 seconds.

I think if Couture doesn't end it in round 1, Toney might catch him with one of his super accurate and fast punches and knock Couture out.

I suspect Toney may have been training MMA prior to him chasing down Dana White and asking for a fight.

Toney's not necessarily going into a fight without experience. If he's been training MMA secretly for say 2-3 years, its possible he took the time to prepare himself before picking a fight with Dana. In which case, its possible Dana White and the UFC are about to get hustled. Ha.

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
400 on Toney.

Couture hasn't finished someone in the first round, in years. I think Toney will be able to absorb Couture's GNP, Anderson Silva style, and hang in there if he's taken down. Toney played football, its possible he could have decent TD defense, not unlike those football guys from the TUF with Kimbo in it.

Toney may not be known for his KO power, but neither is Ray Mercer. Couture took Tim Sylvia to a decision, Ray Mercer KO'ed Tim Sylvia in 10 seconds.

I think if Couture doesn't end it in round 1, Toney might catch him with one of his super accurate and fast punches and knock Couture out.

I suspect Toney may have been training MMA prior to him chasing down Dana White and asking for a fight.

Toney's not necessarily going into a fight without experience. If he's been training MMA secretly for say 2-3 years, its possible he took the time to prepare himself before picking a fight with Dana. In which case, its possible Dana White and the UFC are about to get hustled. Ha.
ok, while i love your enthusiasm, i think your assuming way too much of toney. randy can finish this guy with a sub in the first round and i really doubt toney would be able to secretly train in mma without someone finding or him using it to hype up the fight.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
shame on all of you for betting on toney. Karma...

400 on Toney.

Mercer and Silvia were originally signed for a boxing match. When they couldn't get that sanctioned they had a gentlemen's agreement to box only. See Mercers fight with Kimbo for a real insight into an "elite" boxer in mma.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Mercer and Silvia were originally signed for a boxing match. When they couldn't get that sanctioned they had a gentlemen's agreement to box only. See Mercers fight with Kimbo for a real insight into an "elite" boxer in mma.

Did you see Sylvia display his commitment to that "gentleman's agreement" to "box only" by promptly kicking Mercer in the leg?

Kimbo was too afraid to stand with Mercer, so he went for a guillotine. If he hadn't he wound have wound up on the floor right next to Tim Sylvia.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Did you see Sylvia display his commitment to that "gentleman's agreement" to "box only" by promptly kicking Mercer in the leg?

Kimbo was too afraid to stand with Mercer, so he went for a guillotine. If he hadn't he wound have wound up on the floor right next to Tim Sylvia.

Damn! timmy had time to kick him? I need to watch it again. I thought they touched gloves and the next time they touched he went to sleep.:)

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Damn! timmy had time to kick him? I need to watch it again. I thought they touched gloves and the next time they touched he went to sleep.:)

If I remember correctly, it was supposed to have been a boxing match. Right before the fight, they(Sylvia & friends) changed changed the rules to MMA.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts